Hughesnet / nightmare

United States Review updated:

The whole experience with this company has been a nightmare.I would NEVER use this service again or recommend it to anyone EVER.The sales person set me up from the beginning, selling me a package that was not what I asked for.The installers that came to my home had to take my computer(it crashed during their install) for the thirty day in home trial period.I Asked the company to extend that and they refused.Since I had this installed, my computer has not been right at all.So far to date I have spent $1600.00 having this installation and repairs.Not including the monthly fee So if anyone out here is considering using the HughesNet ...DON"T DO IT YOU WILL BE SORRY!

Ve

Comments

• Et
      9th of May, 2011

HughnesNet--after two years of slow, frustrating, and expensive service, we were finally able to obtain cable. I fulfilled the end of my two year contract, returned the modem, later returned the satellite radio transmitter. Nonetheless I am getting periodic calls from a debt collector alleging that I still owe HughesNet over $300.00. Just the other day spent 45 mins on the phone with a useless, Indian, low level service provider. The last straw was, after I provided the USPS delivery confirmation number of the radio transmitter parcel that I had shipped to their Gaithersburg MD address, when he asked if I had weighed the package before mailing it--so they could be sure it really contained the radio transmitter. Never mind that it had a bar code on it, and I had enclosed correspondence with my name, account number, contact information etc.

A couple months ago they confirmed receipt of the modem. In my last call the operator asked if I had a delivery confirmation number for that too. Then he said he was transferring me to a Florida office (?). I was switched over to an electronic "please wait" message, that repeated about every 45 seconds . . . 10 mins later I hung up.