Htc Tytn Ii / $367 REAPAIR CHARGES!!!
This is in regards to a PDA I bought through DELL, (retail $642.00) less than two months ago. Based on conversations with the latter I was informed that their return warranty had expired therefore; I was redirected to the manufacturer. (HTC) When I spoke with an HTC representative, I was informed that the device had a 15 month warranty however; I would have to pay for shipping and insurance charges, (something I thought was ridiculous at the time) but agreed and shipped it. An RMA was provided ([protected]) so that I would follow up later on. Three days later I received and email from their repair department advising that they had determined the problem, the mother board needed to be replaced; the quote? $367.78; outraged I called this morning and spoke with Rob Cummins, explained to him the issue and he replied that such problem was “customer induced”. In other words, the USB port was damaged by me. To that comment I replied, how can that be possible if I have been using the A/C and PC charger supplied by you? Of course, just like any other service representative, he did not have an answer and apologized. Now I have to pay $35.00 for diagnostics and the phone will be shipped back to me unrepaired. Today I am venting my frustration in hopes that someone out there reads my complaint and helps me out. This is a type of business practice that needs to be reported and made public!!!
Juan C. Matos
More Htc Tytn Ii Complaints & Reviews
- Htc Touch - Warranty - No repair or replacement on failure 
- Htc Global Services - Why does Statefarm Insurance employee HTC Global Services as a vendor? 
- Htc Touch - AUTHENTEC DUBAI - BAD SERVICE 
- Htc Touch - Malfunction 
- Att - Htc Inspire - Phone Drops Calls 
- HTC Corporation - problem with my device
- HTC Corporation - waiting over 2 months for my phone to be repaired under warranty
- HTC Corporation - htc u play display damage
- HTC Corporation - htc u11
- HTC Corporation Electronics - htc 10