HSBC Credit Card / do not use hsbc - ruins fico
Do not use HSBC credit cards. They are now cancelling credit card accounts without any warning due to 'inactivity'. Customer service will not help. They closed my account (which was in good standing, my fico is >780, or WAS), and will not tell me why because, "[you] are no longer a customer so we don't have to share this with you."
Opening and closing accounts HURTS FICO scores. They are wrong to do this. Forget ethics and business practices. How about the fact that they're hurting the economy by hurting consumers scores, in turn, making it more difficult for them to get approved. Also, why close an inactive account? It does not cost the company anything - and by doing so - they 100% reduce the possibility they can make money because customers can no longer, ever again, use their cards and HSBC cannot capitalize on the interest! Lastly, how about the fact that people who are scorned by this will NEVER EVER AGAIN USE HSBC'S SERVICES?
AVOID THIS BUSINESS!!!
More HSBC Credit Card Complaints & Reviews
- HSBC Retail Services - credit card ripoffs! 
- HSBC UAE - poor service 
- HSBC Credit Card Collection Department - getting regular calls asking for another customer 
- HSBC Malaysia Credit Card - hsbc malaysia customer service for credit card 
- HSBC Credit Card - my application status 
- HSBC Malaysia - credit card dept
- HSBC Holdings - money I needed to receive 
- HSBC - replacement card issue / dispute card this morning and ask for replacement
- HSBC Dubai - bank
- HSBC - customer service