HSBC / hsbc personal loans are cheats!
I had approached HSBC in Bombay for a personal loan. Upon approaching them, they promised to get me the loan within two days and the lady officer gave me a list of documents which I was supposed to produce. After submitting everything I waited for the verification process.
The verification process took forever but somehow got completed. Later after 1 more week I was asked for more documents - like no objection certificate from my Uncle in whose house I was living. Then one more period of waiting after which I was asked for my Form 16.
This process lasted more than one month and finally I was informed that my loan was "approved" and a person was sent to my house to collect security cheques. Once I gave the cheques, the disbursement never came! I kept on following up with the executives and they kept saying that there was one small delay, but declined to tell me what it was. After 15 days I got exaseparated and asked for my chqs back. It has been 10 days after since incident they have neither given me the cheques back, nor have they disbursed my loan.
I would advice any sane minded person to refrain from approaching an unprofessional bank like HSBC for a loan.
More HSBC Complaints & Reviews
- HSBC Retail Services - credit card ripoffs! 
- HSBC UAE - poor service 
- HSBC Credit Card Collection Department - getting regular calls asking for another customer 
- HSBC Malaysia Credit Card - hsbc malaysia customer service for credit card 
- HSBC Credit Card - my application status 
- HSBC Holdings - unauthorised transaction on card no 4386759006314683
- HSBC Holdings - on hold for one hour and 14 minutes!!!
- HSBC Holdings - service
- HSBC Holdings - add on credit card
- HSBC Malaysia - credit card dept