HSBC / harassing phone calls

3 to 4 times a day, 7 days a week keep getting a phone call from [protected] (HSBC) on my cell phone. When I pick up, all I get is a silence for a few seconds and then a recording... Never spoken with a life person...

Comments

• Rh
      28th of Jul, 2007

I have experienced the same problem. HSBC starts calls my home at 8:05 every morning seven (7) days a week up until around 9:00 pm. They call my work 5 to 6 times a day . Finally I got on the phone and cursed a man out explaining to him that if they keep calling I will loose my job and they won't get another damn dime. They call my house anywhere from 5 to 10 times a day. I make arrangements with them but, that's not good enough for them they keep calling. Yes I get behind every once in a while due to unforeseen circumstances but, do you think they care? NO they don't. I will tell anyone and everyone I can that HSBC is the worse bank to ever go through. My experience with them has been horrible.

I am just about to the point of not making anymore car payments and telling them to pick up the car and sticking it where the sun don't shine. I have never felt this way about anything.

I am ready to get my phone disconnected because of all the hundreds of calls from HSBC and they never once leave a message so, I shut off my answering machine and it won't be turned back on.

• Je
      15th of Nov, 2007

To say I am out raged is an understatement. I received 14 calls a day.. not 1 or 2 but 14!!! They do not leave any messages and call from a private number! Needless to say the phone calls started at 7:30 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. These phone calls were to say that I insufficient funds and owed the bank over $100. You would think it was 1million dollars. After a 46 minute phone call (21 mins on hold) I was told that I do not owe them any money at all. I checked with each department to make sure this was true. We will see if it is soon enough. If you are looking for a relationship with this bank all you will get out of it is a headache. Many customer service reps are nasty and disrespectful. I recommend you taking your business elsewhere, I am now. Also, HSBC stands for "Hi Sorry Bank Closed"... the bank is NEVER open... and forget about going during lunch time.. they have one teller working between 12pm-1pm.. don't believe me.. go see for yourself, then run away.

• Li
      26th of Oct, 2008

First thing first, Yes i Have a debt with HSBC. Incurred from a previous mortgage, and a husband that was diagnosed with cancer and is unable to work. I have consulted with the local Citizens Advice Bureau who have taken on my case in regards to settling my debts, and getting them paid off.

A letter was sent by the CAB to the bank explaining that I couldn't afford a full payment each month and explained what I could pay. The CAB even sent a record of my income and outgoings, which clearly show that I cannot afford to pay any more than was offered.

My house is on the market, so when sold I should be able to pay off all my debts, but alas with the economy how it is at the moment, it's taking a long time!

About 2 months ago I started receiving phone calls from an 0800 number and when i picked up no one would answer on the other end. after about a week of silent calls the frequency off them upped to about 6/7 times a day on the house phone. If we didn't pick up the house phone they'd phone my mobile number.

So for about 2 months I have been receiving about 10 calls a day total, and each time I tell them of my situation and there's nothing more i can physically do at the moment, and within 10 minutes they're on the phone again, completely unaware that I'd even spoken to them 10 minutes ago.

Basically, would this be classed as harassment and is there anything i can do about getting them to stop calling.

• Or
      17th of Jul, 2009

I would call it harassment. We have a few credit cards that run through HSBC, and if we so much as miss the payment day by 1 day, they start calling. Half the time, if I pick up the phone, there is a recorded message telling me "that my call is important to them, and for me to stay on the line as it would be faster than hanging up and dialing again."

Ok, wtf? I never called them, they always call me.

1-800-361-5783

That if we pick up the phone and there is no one there, and we hang up, they call right back. Sometimes like you said up to and over 10 times per day, even if we have spoken to a CSR. They even phone if I have made a payment, and then they want more...cause they can't be too sure that i did make the payment even if I give them a reference number. So, yes what you are experiencing is harassment. They suck large.

• Kb
      3rd of Mar, 2010

I have a credit card through HSBC and I am over my limit, but I am not late on my payments. I receive 18+ calls a day, 7 days a week from this company. The calls always come in two's. Meaning they call, I don't answer and they call right back. This is happening two times every hour from 8am until 8pm. This is harrassment!! Especially considering I am NOT LATE on my payments. I have everything documented and my cell phone records to show for it. Oh yeah, they are calling my cell phone! I want these calls to stop and when I discussed it with HSBC, they tell me there is nothing I can do. Can someone help?

8th of Jul, 2011
    HSBC - harrasing phone calls
    HSBC
    Thunder Bay
    Ontario
    Canada

I have been getting phone calls from hsbc since June 25 2011till present. They have me "hold" when i answer the phone. Rude if you ask me. They ask for my wife, i say she not available, they hang up not telling me who they are or who they work for. I asked during one of these calls who they work for. Immigrant worker by the way. I find out hsbc and he can't give me the nature of the call. Everyday i get a call from one of their numbers. I work nights and told numerous reps from their call center so, and that they are disturbing my nap. I got a call again this morning after working a night shift and just falling asleep. I also have three kids that I must care for after work. So i try to nap till they wake up. No dice, phone call from who...hsbc call center. Give rep a piece of my mind...he hangs up. Call back the number cannot complete the call... Call hsbc 1-800 number in the phone book ask to speak to a supervisor...put on hold for ten minutes. I tell the supervisor my situation. She says she is sorry, but the calls will keep coming till they get a hold of my wife because they can't give me information on what the call is regarding.. I told her the calls had better stop, because their is harrasment laws in Canada, by this time I am furious and starting to use profanities with her while telling her to stop the calls. She says there is nothing she can do and recommends telling my wife to call them back. Like I said we have 3 kids and no time for this BS. I work nights and nap any chance i get because i have to stay awake with 3 kids till my wife finishes work when she resumes care of our kids and takes them out to visit with family or friends while i try to get some sleep. HSBC calls again...no more nap for this guy... The problem is they call everyday twice a day and my wife is not home to take the call. Very distressing for me because i get no sleep before i go to work. Hopefully the calls will stop. Gave my wife hell because of their antics and she is going to call on her "BREAK" while at work. Probably be on hold for most of her 15 minute break to speak to a rep. Well we'll see what happens next.

• In
      9th of Jul, 2011

A sure fire way to make the calls stop is to have your deadbeat wife pay her bills. Glad to know ###s populate the world not just the US.

• Ka
      3rd of Apr, 2012

my experience is there are no human rights in hong kong

• Ka
      3rd of Apr, 2012

there are no human rights in Hong Kong, head office of hsbc...

• Li
      20th of Mar, 2013
    HSBC - Harrassing Phone Calls
    United Furniture
    1194 Milburn Street Peterborough, Ontario Canda
    Peterborough
    Ontario
    Canada

I purchased furniture from United Furniture last year, on a 12th month no interest plan. At the point of sale, the month and day were entered incorrectly making the payment date February 6, 2012 instead of June 2, 2013. I have spoken with the store manager who sold the furniture and he has changed the dates in the computer (Brandon Daiken) @ the Brick/United Furniture in Peterborough and he had apologized for the situation. I did all the leg work for HSBC to rectify this situation and still received harassing phone calls after the problem was rectified. I had to provide HSBC with the contact info (REALLY) and they are still calling 5 times a day. I want this situation looked into immediately. Call the Store and speak to the manager name and company provided (You can look the number up yourself). I will not make a payment until it is due

• Hs
      15th of May, 2013

I have a car loan through HSBC and it has been the worst experience dealing with a financial company in my life. Their "call centre" is a joke. All I need is the balance of my car loan and when the last payment will be. 5 years is up soon. They switched around their auto finance dept a few years ago and now my account # doesn't exist anymore. They told me my loan was tranfered to Scotia Bank, which it wasn't. They transfer me from one toll free number to another just to be put on hold again for 20 mins, then be told they can't help me. HSBC has automatic withdrawl from my account. They take the money out every month & yet they tell me my account does not exist and I can't get any information from them! I feel like I'm dealing with organized crime or something. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep taking payments out of my account after the loan is paid off. Guess I'll have to close my account to get their attention. But, hey, they have no record of my loan so I guess it doesn't exist. I will Never Ever deal with HSBC again!!!