HRRG Collections / false billing practices
Received a bill from HRRG collections in the amount of $1434 for a ER physician for my son. I had taken my son to the hospital on 2/10/10. Curious why the amount is so high as I have insurance, United Healthcare. So I called HRRG to find out what was going on and was told by a guy named "Jerry" that my insurance had been billed and they denied the claim. So his response is "check, check or credit card". Wasn't even interested in was the claim really valid? Just wanted the money, even after I tried explaining that his insurance is good and there must be a mistake somewhere. Then he says tell ya what, I'll take your money and you can resolve it and get paid back. Soooo I get online with United Healthcare and find out THE CLAIM WAS NEVER FILED. I called the doctor's billing office myself, they either billed the wrong insurance or just never filed it. They said sorry we'll take it out of collections and cancel the bill. Not only did "Jerry" lie - the insurance was never denied it had never been billed but when I talked to the doctors office they said that it is too late to file the claim so they were going to write it off. So if I had paid Jerry I would have never seen a reimbursement. This is unbelievable. I'm taking the complaint as far as it will go.
More HRRG Collections Complaints & Reviews
- HRRG Collections - bogus bill 
- HRRG Collections - false billing 
- Healthcare Revenue Recovery Group - harrassing calls everyday 
- HRRG Collections - collectiion practices /extortion 
- HRRG Collections - extreme unprofessionalism, ignorance to collection law 
- Healthcare Revenue Recovery Group [HRRG] - dr katherine harvey
- Healthcare Revenue Recovery Group [HRRG] - er bill
- Healthcare Revenue Recovery Group [HRRG] - false billing
- Healthcare Revenue Recovery Group [HRRG] - received call
- Healthcare Revenue Recovery Group [HRRG] - harassment is all they know...