HRRG Collections / false billing practices

1 TX, United States Review updated:

Received a bill from HRRG collections in the amount of $1434 for a ER physician for my son. I had taken my son to the hospital on 2/10/10. Curious why the amount is so high as I have insurance, United Healthcare. So I called HRRG to find out what was going on and was told by a guy named "Jerry" that my insurance had been billed and they denied the claim. So his response is "check, check or credit card". Wasn't even interested in was the claim really valid? Just wanted the money, even after I tried explaining that his insurance is good and there must be a mistake somewhere. Then he says tell ya what, I'll take your money and you can resolve it and get paid back. Soooo I get online with United Healthcare and find out THE CLAIM WAS NEVER FILED. I called the doctor's billing office myself, they either billed the wrong insurance or just never filed it. They said sorry we'll take it out of collections and cancel the bill. Not only did "Jerry" lie - the insurance was never denied it had never been billed but when I talked to the doctors office they said that it is too late to file the claim so they were going to write it off. So if I had paid Jerry I would have never seen a reimbursement. This is unbelievable. I'm taking the complaint as far as it will go.

Comments

• Ri
      30th of Aug, 2018

This place is very bad news. Calling me daily with automated robo messages to contact THEM!

Who is the victim of this? Sadly, its ME. Again I owe NO medical bills to any hospital or healthcare provider.

"HRRG Collections" AKA "Healthcare Recovery Group" & their parent company "Team Health" are harassing innocent people like myself for no reason.

I have read that contacting them for removal of my number will only escalate these " Automated CALLS".
    Their is no email listed on their site for "Support/Help".

FYI - BEWARE OF THIS!!!

Whenever you call any Toll-Free Number, You Cannot Block YOUR Number. *67 prior to the call Will NOT BLOCK YOUR NUMBER ON ANY TOLL-FREE CALL..This is because that company is paying for your call. Most people are not aware of this. Therefore the best way to contact any company is to call their LOCAL/Non Toll-Free Number & *67 before placing the call. Too bad but finding a local number for most companies is nearly impossible.

If I had a way to BLOCK my number, I would call them & get a feel for their attitude before confirming my number. Yes, I realize they have it already, I know...but again, they will probably assume I am their debtor & verbally abuse me (their victim) thus harass me even further. It seems like a no win situation, aside from legal action on my part.
    Remember, I OWE NOTHING - THEIR CALLS ARE BOGUS!

• Ju
      23rd of Oct, 2018

@Richard F15 Your rights as a consumer are being violated you need to stop all communication with them file a complaint immediately with the FDCPA = Fair Debt Collections Practice Act...They will be fined be the federal government 1, 000.00 every time they pick up the phone and call you. Also they are governed by the FTC Federal Trade Commission...they will run scared from them. Also fill a complaint with your state attorney...he is there to protect consumers in his state.