Jacob Law Group / Jacob Collection Group Logo

Jacob Law Group / Jacob Collection Group

Having problems with Jacob Law Group / Jacob Collection Group?

2623 W Oxford Loop
SatClosed
SunClosed
Postal Address
P.O. Box 948, Oxford, MS 38655

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Jacob Law Group / Jacob Collection Group.

Complaints & Reviews

Jacob Law Group / Jacob Collection Groupservice

I ordered a transmission from them back in the middle of September it took almost 3 weeks to arrive my mechanic installed the transmission only to find out that the Shift linkage Was bent and damage My mechanic tried to fix it and it broke so And I feel like I'm getting the run around I call yesterday Friday October 15, 2019 We say yes we will ship it could a been new one and yet no email and it still has a ship I'm beginning to feel like I want my money back

Jacob Law Groupwage garnishment

I had old Fingerhut debt that they closed. Reading and learning more how that works they probably paid not very much for the debt. I knew nothing of anything they did or steps they took, until I got a paycheck with my wages garnished. I googled their number and called them. They are the worst group of unprofessionals I ever endured. They were rude and snappy. Me, being unaware of this, needed to know how this was done without my knowledge. I talked to some people to learn that I was supposed to have been served and given a court date or something. I got nothing but a surprise on payday which really made for hardship. I had appointments with a specialist that I now have to cancel due to not being able to meet my deductibles. Im not giving up on my request for a paper trail. I deserve that much.

Apr 10, 2018

Jacob Law Group — debt

Brittanie Dorrough is so rude. Asking me to get a credit card or a personal loan to pay off a debt? No...

University

Jacob Law Group PLLC — debt on JC Penney acct

A person named Brittany, who says she is the manager, no one over her but the atty. is extremely rude!!! She...

Cordova

Jacob Law Groupvery rude

I am a single mother of four children. I am a full time student trying to get to where I can provide for my children. The only income I have right now is $310.00 a month in child support. Jacob Law Group began calling me about a year ago. I know I owe the money, that is not the issue. The issue is that I cannot afford the payment they are demanding every month. They said that if I don't pay I will be put in jail. I've been making the $100 a month payment until March. In March my house burned down and I had to use the student loans I got to get me and my children a new place to live. When I tried to call in April and make a payment I was reminded that I owed for March and when I tried to explain what happened, the girl screamed at me and told me she didn't need my attitude. I wasn't aware that I had an attitude so I simply said, "God bless you. Have a nice day." and I hung up. I will not be calling them to make my payment anymore. From now on I will send a money order. Just because people owe money doesn't mean a collection agency should possess the right to harass people and talk down to them like they are garbage.

Jacob Law Groupharassing phone calls

I received a voice mail message from an automated system to call them back. I was given NO reference number or person to ask for. When I called they asked me what number they called me on. I have about TEN phone numbers and I had to go through almost ALL of them to find out that they were trying to contact an elderly male (I am a young female) whose last name is spelled differently than mine and whose first name was NOTHING like mine.
        I had received about THREE phone calls and had to call their office THREE times before the issue was resolved. The second time I told the operator that if she could not help me (really, she did not WANT to help me) that she should transfer me to her supervisor. Rather than doing that she hung up on me, after telling me "I am going to hang up now."

Jacob Law Group PLLC — Harassment

A company hired Jacob Law Group to collect on a debt I owed. I recognize the debt and will pay when I can. At...

Jacob Law Group/Collections Group — improper collection threat

I was left a message on my work phone that a 'Joe' was calling to collect a bad debt and that I had...

Jacob Law Group — keeps calling - don't know why

Keep receiving calls from the attorneys office of the Jacob Law Group. The callers do not identify the...

Jacob Law Collection Groupexcessive processing fees

Made a payment in Feb., to the Jacob Law Collection Group in MS. It is a past due Walmart account. Bal., was $480 (ish). Called last night 3/3, to make another payment. Was THEN informed the agency charges a $20!! EACH time processing for the payment that comes out of our checking account and 24.99%. I checked the letter they sent me stating my balance and confirmation of last months payment, NO WHERE does it say anything about a processing fee. I offered to send a money order, they said NO. How is this legal? I wasn't told of the fee, nor is it in writing. These people can just charge consumers a $20 for each payment and such high interest fees?

• De
              Deborah Thom-gordon Mar 06, 2011

I dont know what state you live in, but in Ohio all business/banking transactions, such as fees, must be discloses to the clients. In the further, I would recommend that went you get the mailing address to which you are to send your payments. Address it to as in c/o billing dept. Make sure your account acct is on all checks or money orders. Instead on giving them 20.00 to process your payment, sent a extra 60 cent at the post office and send the payment certified. This way you will always have proof that the payment was signed received by someone that the company, even if the payment is returned.
              From a former Banking Collector

Phone: [protected]

Tuesday, 8 March
              State of Connecticut Department of Banking
              * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
              IN THE MATTER OF: JACOB COLLECTION GROUP, LLC ("Jacob Collection Group")
              * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
              SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT

WHEREAS, the Banking Commissioner (“Commissioner”) is charged with the administration of Part XII of Chapter 669, Sections 36a-800 to 36a-810, inclusive, of the Connecticut General Statutes, “Consumer Collection Agencies”, and the regulations promulgated thereunder (Sections 36a-809-6 to 36a-809-17, inclusive, of the Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies);

WHEREAS, Jacob Collection Group is a Mississippi limited liability company that was licensed as a consumer collection agency in Connecticut under Part XII of Chapter 669, Sections 36a-800 et seq., of the Connecticut General Statutes. Such license expired on October 1, 2009;

WHEREAS, the Commissioner, through the Consumer Credit Division of the Department of Banking, conducted an investigation of the activities of Jacob Collection Group, pursuant to the authority granted by Section 36a-17 of the Connecticut General Statutes, to determine if Jacob Collection Group had violated, was violating or was about to violate the provisions of the Connecticut General Statutes and regulations within the jurisdiction of the Commissioner;

WHEREAS, as a result of such investigation, the Commissioner alleges that Jacob Collection Group, during the period of January 29 through April 21, 2010, acted within this state as a consumer collection agency without a consumer collection agency license, in violation of Section 36a-801 of the 2010 Supplement to the General Statutes;

WHEREAS, the Commissioner believes that such allegation would support initiation of enforcement proceedings against Jacob Collection Group, including proceedings to issue a cease and desist order against Jacob Collection Group pursuant to Sections 36a-804(b) and 36a-52(a) of the Connecticut General Statutes, and impose a civil penalty of up to one hundred thousand dollars ($100, 000) per violation against Jacob Collection Group pursuant to Sections 36a-804(b) and 36a-50(a) of the Connecticut General Statutes;

WHEREAS, Section 4-177(c) of the Connecticut General Statutes and Section 36a-1-55(a) of the Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies provide that a contested case may be resolved by agreed settlement, unless precluded by law;

WHEREAS, both the Commissioner and Jacob Collection Group acknowledge the possible consequences of formal administrative proceedings;

WHEREAS, Jacob Collection Group voluntarily agrees to enter into this Settlement Agreement without admitting or denying the allegation set forth herein, and solely for the purpose of obviating the need for formal administrative proceedings concerning the allegation described above;

WHEREAS, Jacob Collection Group herein represents to the Commissioner that in June 2010, a filter was put into place so that all debtors with an address in the State of Connecticut would be rejected when placed by Jacob Collection Group’s debt buyer client. Also, all debtors with Connecticut addresses were closed in Jacob Collection Group’s system and returned to its client. However, Jacob Collection Group outsourced its letters to debtors and found that some account addresses were being changed by the vendor when the vendor performed a “USPS scrub” and, in return, some letters were being sent to Connecticut residents;

WHEREAS, on June 18, 2010, Jacob Collection Group filed an Application for Consumer Collection Agency License with the Commissioner, which application is currently pending;

WHEREAS, Jacob Collection Group herein represents that it has not acted within this state as a consumer collection agency since December 31, 2010;

AND WHEREAS, Jacob Collection Group, through its execution of this Settlement Agreement, voluntarily agrees to waive any rights to a hearing upon the allegation contained in this Settlement Agreement, and waives the right to seek judicial review or otherwise challenge or contest the validity of this Settlement Agreement.

NOW THEREFORE, the Commissioner and Jacob Collection Group enter into this Settlement Agreement as follows:

1. No later than the date this Settlement Agreement is executed by Jacob Collection Group, Jacob Collection Group shall remit to the Department of Banking, by cashier’s check, certified check or money order made payable to “Treasurer, State of Connecticut”, the sum of Three Thousand Dollars ($3, 000) as a civil penalty;
              2. Nothing in the entry of this Settlement Agreement shall adversely affect the ability of Jacob Collection Group to apply for or obtain renewal licenses under Part XII of Chapter 669, Sections 36a-800 et seq., of the Connecticut General Statutes;
              3. Upon entry of this Settlement Agreement, this matter will be resolved and the Commissioner will not take any future enforcement action against Jacob Collection Group based upon the allegation contained herein; provided that entry of this Settlement Agreement is without prejudice to the right of the Commissioner to take enforcement action against Jacob Collection Group based on the allegation contained herein if any representation made by Jacob Collection Group in this Settlement Agreement is subsequently discovered to be untrue or if Jacob Collection Group is not fully complying with any term or condition stated herein;
              4. Notwithstanding paragraph 3 herein, execution of this Settlement Agreement is without prejudice to the right of the Commissioner to take enforcement action against Jacob Collection Group to enforce this Settlement Agreement if the Commissioner determines that Jacob Collection Group is not fully complying with any term or condition stated herein. For purposes of this paragraph, a violation of this Settlement Agreement shall be deemed to be a violation of an order of the Commissioner.
              IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have caused this Settlement Agreement to be executed by each of them or their duly authorized representatives on the dates hereinafter subscribed.

Dated at Hartford, Connecticut
              this 8th day of March 2011. ________/s/_________
              Howard F. Pitkin
              Banking Commissioner

I, Michael A. Jacob II, state on behalf of Jacob Collection Group, LLC, that I have read the foregoing Settlement Agreement; that I know and fully understand its contents; that I am authorized to execute this Settlement Agreement on behalf of Jacob Collection Group, LLC; and that Jacob Collection Group, LLC agrees freely and without threat or coercion of any kind to comply with the terms and conditions stated herein.
              By: ________/s/_________
              Name: Michael A. Jacob II
              Title: President
              Jacob Collection Group, LLC
              State of: MS
              County of: Lafayette

On this the 4 day of March 2011, before me, Alisha Barnette, the undersigned officer, personally appeared Michael A. Jacob II who acknowledged himself to be the President of Jacob Collection Group, LLC, a member managed/manager managed limited liability company, and that he as such President, being authorized so to do, executed the foregoing instrument for the purposes therein contained, by signing the name of the limited liability company by himself as President.

In witness whereof I hereunto set my hand.
              ________/s/_________
              Notary Public
              Date Commission Expires: May 14, 2014
              Administrative Orders and Settlements

Gather any recorded messages on an answering machine and letters from [protected] Jacob Collection Group, LLC, 2623 West Oxford Loop, Oxford, MS [protected]. Tell family and friends, then seek legal advice.

Michael A Jacob II
              Fax: [protected]
              E-mail: [email protected]
              Lafayette County
              Admitted: 21 April 2003.
              Organization: The Mississippi State Bar Association.
              Area of Practice: Elder Law
              Jurisdiction: The States of Mississippi

Jacob Law Groupharrassment

they are the rudest debt collectors ive ever dealt with. i am young and going through bankruptcy unfortunately and when i finally decided to pick up their phone calls after endless rude and harrassing voicemails, i talk to some trashy ###. she asked if i was aware of my debt, being polite i said yes but im filing it for bankruptcy and she proceeded to say "oh...you're 23...and youre going through bankruptcy?" and she said it in a manner that was very mean and very rude, as if i was extremely pathetic. she does not know me or the massive medical bills i accrued without health insurance in the past few years. so i gave them my attourneys contact info and she asked me what chapter im filing and i answered and she immediatley hung up on me. enough said about how they handle their business there.

Jacob Law Group — Harassment

I sent this collection agency a cease and desist letter 2 months ago and they are still calling. I am sending...

Jacob Law Group / Jacob Collection Group — harrashment

I had a debt with them, but let me tell you what they did... they called my place of worship to try and find...