H&R Block / mis filing

Williamston, United States

I waited for my income tax refund to be automatically deposited in my checking account. Imagine my surprise when I received a letter from the IRS stating my refund had been denied because I filed a MI-1040 but failed to file a property tax credit form, MI-1040CR. I had my taxes done at H&R Block in Williamston Michigan on January 24, 2015. We sat there for nearly 2 hours while 2 women could not properly figure out my refund because they could not determine what they were doing wrong. I receive Social Security and only file for the Homestead Property Tax Credit and was to receive $1200. Finally the lady, Jaclyn Kayser, told me she would continue to work on the forms to figure out what she was missing and get back with us or even deliver it to our home. At that point she charged me $20 instead of the normal $35 because of the wait they put us through. When I called to find out why the form MI-1040CR was not included in the mailing, the woman told me it was because I didn't pay them. When she finally realized I did pay, then she sent the form to the IRS. This is wrong in so many ways...I did everything correctly and they failed me. Now I have another long wait for the money that is due me.

Eric Lanagan