H&R Block / HRB Digital — tax preparation
My name is Brian Montgomery [protected]) and my tax preparation experience was unacceptable this year.
On my first session, the tax preparer (I don't want to mention her by name) was completely inadequate and incompetent. She was a few minutes late, which I understood. After helping me for 23 minutes, she excused herself because she needed to help another client. She was gone for 58 minutes (I paid attention to the time). My session bled into my son's time (he was scheduled after me). She miscalculated several times and accidentally omitted my property taxes. That was a $2, 600 omission.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Van Nuys, CA When she was done (well into my son's session time), she said that I owed over $1, 500 federal. I knew that was incorrect, without looking into the numbers. We left and rescheduled with another preparer (Ludmila Gromova). We had used her the year before. It turns out that I only owed $418, which was what I had expected. However, paying over $500 for the preparation is more than twice as much as I expected - especially after wasting almost two hours of my time with the previous preparer. My son is going to try using turbo tax, instead of using Block, simply because of the processing fee. I doubt that we will return next year.
More H&R Block / HRB Digital Complaints & Reviews
- H & R Block - tax refund scam! 
- H&R Block - emerald advance 
- H&R Block Tax Course - tax course 
- H&R Block Emerald Card - economic relief check scam 
- H & R Block - h & r block is a nightmare! 
- H&R Block - peace of mind insurance 
- H&R Block - incompotance 
- H&R Block / HRB Digital - extension for small family trust
- H&R Block - tax preparation 
- H&R Block - emerald card