HP Tech Support / phone tech support fee!

Hi, i have a HP complaint!

I have the following:

**hp pavilion a605x
**serial number: mxk4300vow
**windows xp home

issues date: 2/17/07
ref. Number: #gqd681-01
case number: #[protected]

Complaint:
I have always used bought and used h/p products in the past. After my experience today, i will reconsider this in the future! This is what happened!!!!

**my kid's did something to my computer that left me no choice but to phone h/p for help.

**yes......i was fully aware of the fact that my warranty has expired. But for the (little) tech support that i needed to get my system running again, i was still charged $49.99, which i feel was ("highway robbery") to say the least! All i had to do, from the advice from a hp tech support agent was....to type in (one word)! That's it! Just one word! The word was... (administrator)! And i was still charged this $49.99.
**this seems lie a "rip-off" to me!

**i could understand if i had to be on the phone with a h/p tech support agent for a (long time). And were this agent had to go through (severl steps, etc., etc.) in order to resolve my issue/issues! But for him to only give my a (1) word to spell out, in order to resolve my issue! Cut me a break!

**it was a microsoft box were i had to type in a correct (username). I did not know what to type in. So after having $49.99 charged to my credit card, i was told that i "only had to type in the word....administrator"!

**again........this does not seem far for the little help that i received to get my system going again!
Please help me her and tell me if you agree that this seems a (little much) to be charged this $49.99 for (just one word)?
Thanks for your understanding!

Please get back to me on this. And please tell me if there is a way that i could have this $49.00 fee (waived) this one time. Or if i could at least have this amount (reduced) for the little help that i actually needed from this hp rep.
Thanks!!

Comments

• Al
      12th of Sep, 2007

you're a stupid ###. you should have researched for the answer of the problem first before you agreed to pay for the support. ur were just too lazy in finding the solution urself.it doesnt matter whether the solution was easy or hard.the fact that your warranty has expired reserves HP the right to have you pay for the phone support.###***e!

• Br
      2nd of Nov, 2008

I am having a problem getting my computer to accept my plug and play printer. When I first hooked it up it worked fine now it does not recognize my printer. I have a compaq presario and my printer is a hp 1315v all in one plug and play devise My computer is about 1 1/2 yrs old and the printer is about 2 yrs old. I would greatly appreciate all the help I can get.

Brenda

• Br
      2nd of Nov, 2008

for any one who answers my question my address is as written above, I did not type it in correctly before

Brenda