HP Pavillion DV2124 Notebook / poor after sales service

1 India Review updated:

I also have been a victim of HP's poor after sales service support.

the laptop i purchased just 2 months back has started to show signs of being a defective piece.... but nobody at HP is willing to take ownership of the poor response they have given. My laptop shuts down while working without any rhyme or reasons and all the possible causes have been checked... yet the engg are unable to diagnose the problem...or to solve it. To add to that the dealer who sold us the HP laptop, his license with the company has expired and he did not inform us about it while trying to fix up the laptop... its only when he felt that he has messed up the laptop beyond repair and will not be able to provide any comfortable solution, he disclosed that his license has expired and that we need to contact the other HP service center in the city... the other so called authorized service center too was extremely disappointing and we are feeling cheated now... we have invested our hard earned money into this laptop and its really frustrating to see nothing coming out of it...

Comments

• Ki
      1st of Jul, 2007

I just got a Hp notebook c500 and upon checking the condition of it's health it's status viewed as "POOR" and when tried to repair the problem I received a response stating that there was an error and that the topic could not be found. I tried to recover the issue by going to CONTROL PANEL>PERFORMANCES and TOOLs>... I don't know what else to do, someone please help...

• Ga
      14th of Jan, 2008

I do have a hp pavillion dv2124 notebook . i want it to become a multi boot system. bt i am not able to load fedora core 6 on it . I partitioned my d drive in which recovery was kept. Firtly formaateed it then split into ext3 and swap partitions of 10 gb and 1 gb each. Cdrive is th active one.please help me. Iam not able to boot it from cd. Also my ext3 partition still has some used space of 350 mb even after i have formatted it. I don't know why and i think thats the cause. Please any one help me out.

• Ed
      25th of Feb, 2008

I have three comments on the same issue for the multiboot.

1st -
    My younger sister bought an0 HP Pavilion dv2000 with Vista. She is not computer literate so I wanted to multiboot and there was no problem. I repartitioned the HDD and loaded XP fine.

2nd-
    After being able to have my sisters laptop , a friend of mine had an HP Pavilion with AMD so I started looking for an Intel Core 2 Duo with 240GB HDD. It took me about 4 months to have the money together from my student grants to get it. So, finally, I found this laptop on ebay and spent $1,400 for this refurbished laptop with 3 year warranty too. It was all sweetness, untill I wanted to multiboot with Ubuntu.

This is an HP Pavilion dv9060us XP MCE (Vista ready) and I was not able to multiboot. I repartitioned the HDD and when I loaded XP SP2, the OS does not find any HDD's. I have given up on this and all I want is to resale the stupid thing. I called HP numerous times and spent not less than 50 hours on the phone on different occations and no solution given. I sent the laptop twice to their repair center and nothing.

The computer is working fine, no other problems what so ever with the OS, HDD, TV Tuner Card, HD DVD movies, nothing what so ever, except I can't multiboot.

2nd-
    I have a HP Pavilion m7570n with XP MCE. After trying with the laptop I had to Factory Reset the PC to make sure nothing was going wrong. After all the process for the restoreation, I reformated the HDD of 360GB for a Multiboot, guess what? CAN'T MULTIBOOT.....

This is also crap PC.

I am working on my own PC Repair in town so you know what I'm doing.

This is the last time I buy a PC from a manufacture as HP, Sony, Toshiba, etc. After all this, from now on I am building my own systems.

Hope this leads to somethin else than just a long comment.

Eddie.

• Mo
      10th of Mar, 2008

HP Pavillion and HP company are lemon/joke.
    I don't recommend buying any PC made by HP. No customer service; their case managers do not even go to work. I know one case manager whose name is Glenn Jensen who lies and does nothing as far as customer service does. His extension number is 94.

• Ds
      3rd of May, 2008

I too had a bad HP experience with HP Case Mgr Glenn Jensen! I have also seen his name come up several times in customer complaints about HP on the web.

My HP Pavilion dv2000 cto is still under warranty, but hasn't worked in the last four months. After a replacement hard drive, cd-dvd drive and recovery cd was sent to me by HP and I still had problems, Glenn Jensen told me he was sending me a replacement PC and I'd have it in 2.5 weeks. I patiently waited and when the PC never arrived I began calling Glenn Jensen daily for 10 business days. He never returned my call. Eventually another case manager, who answered my call, said my case did not reflect Glenn Jensen had ordered a replacement PC for me.

I could go on and on about what a bad taste HP has left in my mouth and how much time I've spent on this problem. But the funny thing is I know HP has wasted their money on this matter too (eg. PC has now been to HP repair twice and problems never fixed, sent parts, my 50+ calls to HP, escalations, etc.).

Glenn could have easily turned around a sad situation and made a customer happy, by getting them a replacement PC as promised. But he and others have made it worse and certainly turned me into a very unhappy HP customer who will never ever buy HP again.

On the other hand, when ever anyone asks me about my HP PC saga I certainly give them an update (no replacement/no repair for my in-warranty HP PC) and advise them to never ever buy HP.

Shame, shame, shame on HP. And double shame on Glenn Jensen and so many other HP Case managers who seem to get satisfaction out of making unhappy HP customers!