HP Pavillion Desktop a1477c / unfulfilled promises by hp

1 United States

My latest complaint is that when I bought my refurbished hp pavillion a1477c at costco I was promised a free upgrade to microsoft vista when it came available (I bought my unit 11/07/2006). When I tried to upgrade the upgrade site advised me that I needed a poa which was on a microsoft label attached to my pc.

When I inspected the pc there was no microsoft label on my pc anywhere. Since I did not have the 14 did get poa the software would not authorize my upgrade.

When I complained to hp I was eventually connected to hp corporate resolution in denver, co. They told me that they would resolve the situation and get back to me soon and gave me a case #. When they did not get back to me, I called them again, gave them the case #, and got the same runaround, that microsoft had to resolve problem and not hp... I do not believe them... They are trying to pass the buck to microsoft... (What I think happened is their refurbisher forgot to reapply the microsoft label)... They did admit that they were having this problem with others also... But after several attempts I have not had good customer service from hp and I will never but another product from them and will tell everyone I can not to buy from hp or compact... Bob bostic... I am curious to hear if anyone else has this problem with hp.