Hp Pavilion Notebook / bad customer service and repair performance
On november 22nd, I received my hp pavilion notebook that I had sent in for repair under warranty. Unfortunately, hp service team has not performed well because I am now required to enter a password which I never had to do before.
I am disappointed because when I called customer service on november 22nd, november 23rd, november 24th, and november 26 the agents assured me that it is not possible to find out who at hp has set this password.
The only option I was told was to do a system recovery which would mean the loss of all of my personals files, contracts and legal papers.
I am an independent contractor and have two lawsuits going; loosing these files was not an option. The agent then disclosed that hp, upon receipt of my notebook, has already removed all of these files. This was not disclosed neither on the warranty, nor has my permission been given to do this. My notebook had lcd cover issues so the removal of these file, if that's what they did, was completely unnecessary and illegal.
I was promised to get a call back but that never happened. Each time, I was forced to speak with agents that hardly knew the language. The average phone call lasted about 64 minutes and I was on hold or transfer a quarter of that.
To resolve the problem, I called, sent emails and certified mail. I mentioned that I hoped that the information I received was misrepresented and that hp has not deleted these files. I would appreciate if they could track whoever has set this password so I may assume my work as an independent contractor.
I will wait until december 26th, 2007 before taking legal action.
More Hp Pavilion Notebook Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers 
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems 
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless! 
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product! 
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service! 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - laptop hard drive 
- Hewlett Packard - the company, the customer service, and hp pavillion x360 convertible 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - printer office jet 6950 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - HP Laptop
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - officejet 5255