HP - Compaq Presario Notebook / never buy hp!

Compaq Presario Notebook
HP - www.hp.com

I will never buy HP products again. May 8, 2007 I purchased a Compaq Presario notebook that was refurbished. The sales assistant in the HP Home and Home Office Department reassured me that I should not experience any problems with the notebook. He stated that being refurbished meant that the notebook did not pass all the tests when sent through inspection the first time. I purchased the notebook and then the screen messed up on or about July 15, 2007. I shipped it back for repair and never heard from Hp. When I contacted HP on the status, they stated they did not want to repair the notebook. This was then forwarded to a case manager, John Thomson, who agreed to repair the notebook only if I purchased a $265.00 warranty, so with no other choice given, I did. The notebook went in for repair on July 24th and was not returned until August 15, 2007. On August 14, 2007 I registered the warranty I purchased via telephone. On October 11, 2007 I turned my notebook on to find that the screen was again not working correctly and displayed only white. I contacted HP that day and was given a case number of [protected] and was informed that my warranty was invalid and not registered. October 15, 2007 I called HP Total Care again after not being contacted by a case manager and being unable to reach one at the case manager number. October 17, 2007 I obtained contact information from Corporate via Rosalynn to send a legal letter regarding the matter. On October 22, 2007 I spoke with case manager, Charlene T., that I was able to reach by phone but she did not work in the notebook department, however, she did give me a new case number of [protected]. On October 23, 2007 I had an attorney send a letter to HP Corporate office and to the case manager. I was never contacted by a case manager within the 48 hour period that is given and then called the case manager number again on October 29, 2007. At that time I did finally speak with the proper case manager, Kathy Walker who then informed me that I could not receive a refund or exchange for another product of equal or lesser value and that she would ship a box to my home for repair under the warranty that I purchased. By this time I was so upset with the entire situation, that her solution was just not good enough for me. October 30, 2007 I did receive a box to ship the notebook out for repair and the paper stated to back up the hard drive because information could be lost. October 31, 2007, I contacted a HP case manager with regards to how I am suppose to back up the hard drive up if the screen does not work and displays no picture. I was advised at that time that I could take it to a computer shop and pay someone to back it up for me, another expense in regards to HP's defective product. It is October 31, 2007 and I have been unable to use the notebook since October 11, 2007. All of these attempts to contact HP and get the problem solved has also taken up quite an amount of my time at work.

I would advise anyone looking to buy computer products to purchase from anyone but HP. I will never buy HP again for my home and as for my office, I will continue to purchase Dell products.

Va

Comments

• Lu
      7th of Nov, 2007

I am from Colombia and I am having a problem with a HP computer I bought in United States two months ago, I am trying to contact HP and send them a letter of complaint, in the web page I do not find this information, can you tell me how can I contact a case manager. They already open it a case for me.

• Mr
      19th of Oct, 2008

Dear
    All HP Users or thinking of buy an HP Product "think Before You BUY" !!!

i have had the same sort of problem i had brought a dv2500 laptop back in feb this year the graphics card was faulty id had got 8 little small screen shots on the one big screen an the motherboard was over heating too... they had told me what the problem was when I had called tech support: basically I needed a new motherboard!! so they asked me for proof of purchase when I had e-mailed it over to them I had called them back as you do just to make sure they had received the e-mail they told me I have to wait for a call from HP.. " so they never called me back" !! Waited 2 days!! Expressed to them my younger brother need to used Laptop for school. Needed for it to be fixed a.s.a.p... they just kept fobbing me off saying that they have not received my proof of purchase so I had sent it a 2nd time.mt hotmail account shows that it was sent an I had checked with them that they have given me the correct e-mail address.. so they still tell me they have not received it.. i had played $1400 for the laptop when it was just released then they talked me into having 2 years extended warranty... $169... I’m covered up until 2011!!! HP is a waste of time. They have caused me nothing but inconvenience... so far no laptop fixed I have made about 15 phone calls to them... i am going to get in touch with trading standards U.K .. + FSA... they said to me that I will get a call tomorrow from the complaints department… I asked the tech support to put me on to his Manger “We don’t have an manger” POOR SERVICE FOR WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!will let you guys know what the outcome will be.
    .. WARNING HP stands for... HOW POOOORRRRR!!!

• Am
      31st of Oct, 2008

My Compaq laptop au 733 has been stolen on 21 oct 2008 ...i wanna complain stop all services on the service centre...if its found then told me ...

Purchased: 04/15/2008

Serial: (S)CNF7484ZPV

Amit Kumar Sharma

• La
      25th of Nov, 2008

i bought a loptop computer in april and the fan is not working

22nd of Sep, 2009

Deal All Whizkids...

My suggestion to all of you to never never never buy HP products.

No skilled staff with them
    No customer centric approach with them
    No concrete back ground dealership with them
    No complaint redressel done by them

NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BY HP.