Hotwire.com / fraud, rude customer service!
I made a reservation on hotwire.com for a hotel in Pigeon Forge, TN. I paid $76.00 plus tax making the total $90.00. When I arrived at the hotel I saw the computer screen. Hotwire was only being charged $52.00 for the room. I already paid a $5.00 booking fee to hotwire and now they are getting $20.00 extra dollars?
Hotwire states they have "deeper" discounts because hotels sell them they unsold rooms. Yeah, hotels sell the rooms cheaper to hotwire but hotwire still charges the full price to customers. In fact, I could of saved close to $9.00 by just walking in or reserving on the DaysInn website. Their normal non-discounted rate was less than I paid.
When I called Hotwire.com's customer service and waited 20 minutes. I got this very rude redneck agent who stated, "we are a for-profit company and we can charge whatever we want for a room."
Well, since hotwire did not save me anything and just upset me. I will take my business elsewhere. At least then I won't get surprised with a "3 star" roach motel.
The reason hotwire.com doesn't tell you what hotel you will be staying at ahead of time... is just so that you can't check with the hotel to make sure you can't being charged MORE.
More Hotwire.com Complaints & Reviews
- Hotwire.com - hotwire bad policy! 
- Hotwire Communications - terrible service 
- Hotwire - hotwire refuses to cancel 3hr old reservation. 
- Hotwire Cable Company - unwanted service and being charged for it 
- Hotwire.com - fraud 
- Hotwire - car rental
- Hotwire - no refund given despite initially committing to do so...
- Hotwire - hotel "hot rate" lies and deceitfulness.
- Hotwire - false advertising
- Hotwire - double charge on an enterprise car rental