Hotwire.com / fraud, rude customer service!

I made a reservation on hotwire.com for a hotel in Pigeon Forge, TN. I paid $76.00 plus tax making the total $90.00. When I arrived at the hotel I saw the computer screen. Hotwire was only being charged $52.00 for the room. I already paid a $5.00 booking fee to hotwire and now they are getting $20.00 extra dollars?

Hotwire states they have "deeper" discounts because hotels sell them they unsold rooms. Yeah, hotels sell the rooms cheaper to hotwire but hotwire still charges the full price to customers. In fact, I could of saved close to $9.00 by just walking in or reserving on the DaysInn website. Their normal non-discounted rate was less than I paid.

When I called Hotwire.com's customer service and waited 20 minutes. I got this very rude redneck agent who stated, "we are a for-profit company and we can charge whatever we want for a room."

Well, since hotwire did not save me anything and just upset me. I will take my business elsewhere. At least then I won't get surprised with a "3 star" roach motel.

The reason hotwire.com doesn't tell you what hotel you will be staying at ahead of time... is just so that you can't check with the hotel to make sure you can't being charged MORE.

Comments

• Ky
      15th of Jan, 2008

Hotwire does have a policy called the "Low Price Guarantee". Under this policy if you book a hotel reservation and then find a lower rate for the same hotel, same dates, and same type of room, they refund you back double the difference once they are able to verify it. Course, I can't say anything for the courtesy level of the agent, but that's a somewhat different issue, though they should have at least informed you of this LPG.

• We
      15th of Mar, 2008

green tea took money out of my account without my permission and refuses to give it back,this was my electric bill money,and they dont care about anyone,they charged me $80.00 for green tea i did not want or order,BEWARE OF ULTIMATE GREEN TEA sites there thiefs,dishonest,and unconcerned about you or anyone else.FRAUDS

• Wi
      17th of Mar, 2008

i have not got the product yet and i am getting billed aready.i want to cancel and want a refund.

• Ky
      30th of May, 2008

You can't cancel and get a refund. You didn't read the terms of use. Not to mention that comment had virtually nothing to do with the review above. You are a failure.

• Ke
      27th of Jun, 2009

With respect to the difference in the price charged by the hotel and the priced charged by Hotwire, a wholly owned subsidiary of Expedia Inc, a Bellevue, Washington corporation, Expedia has been sued in a class action and a Washington circuit court has ruled in favor of consumer. You should contact an attorney if necessary.

Kenneth -