Hotels.com / fraud and scam

I booked a hotel in Harligen Texas and upon arriving at the hotel on the date intended we were advised that we were a "no show" two nights prior. Our credit card had been charged and we were required to pay again for the same night that was paid out to Hotels.com. We contacted the company at the number provided and were told firstly that they didn't make an error. They said they would call the hotel and put us on hold for 30 minutes (all the while listening to the most irritating canned music - designed to get you to hang up I'm sure), came back on the phone and said they could not get a hold of the hotel even though they had the number and we were standing in front of the clerk at the hotel. We were then cut off the line. I called back two more times with exactly the same result only speaking with someone I suspect was in Mumbai, India. I wrote to the company and after several days received a reply that they had recognized that an error had been made and that they would supply us with Hotel Bucks. I had requested a credit to our credit card and they refused. I then disgruntledly accept their offer to at least recoup some of the funds were we out. Six weeks went by - no hotel bucks. I contacted them again and they said that I had not wished to receive them! After another long discussion they advised that they would put a "rush" on the $80.00 hotel bucks offer and I should expect to receive them within the next two weeks. Five more weeks go by and I receive a $20.00 hotel bucks coupon that I suspect is not worth the paper it is printed on. Whatever you do...do not give your credit card to these fraudulent people. This is a scam company and even one of the employees I spoke with in the numerous conversations agreed that this was a very poor way of doing business and he was not hopeful for me!! Beware. Hotels.com via Expedia is a FRAUD.

Al

Comments

• Tu
      21st of Sep, 2010

As a hotel employee, do not book through 3rd parties... If you book through the hotel directly you will get the most accurate information, and all information would be provided to you by an employee of that hotel. 3rd Parties get commission when booking reservations, so of course they will promise you the world. When you arrive at the hotel your stuck to deal with whatever situation the 3rd party puts you in. Don't pay someone to do a job you can do easily...