Holiday Cars / car rental

United States Review updated:

I reserved a car in my name with credit card in my husbands name for May 2-10. Was denied pick-up of original reservation because of card having my husbands name on it instead of mine even though I had both our ID's. Ended up paying twice as much with another company and was refused any refund from Holiday cars and Advantage Car rental due to the fine print stating that card must match lead drivers' license and my husband was not present. I fail to see why my reservation was denied when I made it in my name and had the card used for the original reservation plus ID for both of us. I figured there would be some kind of charge for my mistake but was denied any refund because of that fine print. Horrible customer service!! Stick with well known rental companies people!! Rate seems too good to be true because it is. I will never use their service again and would not recommend them to anyone!! It should be illegal to keep someone's money for a service that was never provided. Thanks for nothing Holiday Cars!! :(

To
May 18, 2017

Comments

17th of Jul, 2017

A very similar thing happened to me! Traveling with my boyfriend, we rented a car under his name with my credit card. It said nothing on the site that this was not possible, and in fact the form allowed me to put in a different credit card name from the driver. When the rental went through, I received general conditions and contacted the office about this credit card issue. They said we could not take out the car but would not refund us our money. If this were the USA I'd report them to the Better Business Bureau immediately. Is there a way to do this in Europe?