Hit Web Design / Formerly heritage web solution fraudulent company

1 Provo, UT, United States Review updated:

They've changed their name from heritage web solutions to hit web design.

They automatically charge you for web hosting to the tune of 39. 99 a month when they haven't designed the website for you yet. It took six months to get it done and i was charged for every month even though it was in their hands. It's criminal. . .

They also have you send everything over as you want it placed. You have to size everything. You can't send in a picture and say, "make it look amazing. " all they do in design is plug it in. They do no design. They aren't designers. You submit the fonts, pics, everything as you want it. They design nothing. I designed my website. I had to repeatedly send things back to have them make changes. They simply cut and paste, when you paid a lot of money to have a website designed. No design whatsoever.

They post their own reviews online and when you submit a review. . . They must be approved. Needless to say, they are not approved if you have anything negative to say.

Google heritage web solutions if you want the truth about hit web design.

Don't be upset if you read this and go with that company. You'll be very disappointed. Seriously. Google heritage web solutions. They are hit web design. It's no wonder they changed their name.

Comments

• Gr
      19th of Jul, 2009

I work for HIT.

I don't know who you were assigned as a Designer, but I AM a PROFESSIONAL Graphic Designer, with a degree in Graphic Design! I bend over backwards for all of my customers. Even though I'm paid a flat rate for the work, I put in extra time into making sure everything is "just right" because I ENJOY the work.

"YOU submit the fonts, pics, everything as you want it. They design nothing. I designed my website. I had to repeatedly send things back to have them make changes. It took six months to get it done" -

YEP - I've seen this. You were probably one of those people who were impossible to get ahold of and wouldn't return phone calls, and/ or who changed everything constantly: "Well, now I want the text changed. OK, I want the left photo put on the right, and the right photo put at the bottom, and I just found a new photo I want you to throw in, too. I also insist on having this weird-### font that I paid $300 for, and I expect you people to buy it, too, because I AM THE CUSTOMER, AND I SAID SO!"

or, even worse: "I don't KNOW what I want... find me some photos... Ok, no I don't like that one, I don't like this one, can't you find this one with a blue background instead of a green one? Why don't you try to read my mind again and come up with something else?"

Just recently one customer complained that the photos he wanted on his home page were blurry. He had supplied small JPGs to use, and wanted them to be 150% bigger. I told him that the photo quality was poor, and when you scaled them larger, you could see the blurry edges.

This guy said the photos were FINE, it was a DESIGN problem.

Absolute B.S. I used my own $2000 design tools to try to sharpen his crappy photos, optimized them, used every trick in the book -- but like anything else, it's garbage in, garbage out.

I finally told him to open them in IE and use the "+" tool to blow them up a few sizes - then he could see what they looked like without any "design".

There are bad companies ... and then there are bad CUSTOMERS. If you want a live website in a short period of time, get your ducks in a row! If you had to pay for design time by the HOUR instead of by the JOB, maybe you'd figure out how to be a lot more efficient with what you want for an end product.

• Th
      23rd of Jul, 2009
    Best Best Advice +5 Votes

As a designer/developer in my own right, I have to say I am APPALLED at this comment by "GraceGraphics" - if your commentary is representative of HIT as a whole, then there is very little wonder there are as many complaints about the company as there are.

I've had more than my share of "difficult clients", but at the end of the day I would NEVER make a blanket statement as you have that reflects the true shallow character that rests beneath your surface. It is insulting to ANY potential client to see the words "Oh, you're just one of *those* kinds of clients...", or "if you had to pay for design time by the hour... (blah, blah, blah) ... you'd figure out how to be more efficient.

It's not the CLIENT'S job to be efficient - it's YOUR job to determine what they want and produce it, no matter how often things may change. The bottom line is simple - they are paying YOU or YOUR COMPANY to provide them a service, and do so in a way they are comfortable with parting with their money.

Judging from the litany of complaints against the company you work for - none of you there are doing that. And judging from your comment, you seem to have the attitude that they are paying for the privilege of being TOLD what they want and nothing more. People like YOU in the business is what makes it harder for those of us who focus on giving the client what they WANT.

At the end of the day, these "difficult clients", whether you like them or not (and you obviously have a vile distaste for anyone who challenges your idea of "design" - and judging from HIT's portfolio that is a very loosely used word), pay your bills. Learn to deal with it - develop a better attitude when it comes to CUSTOMER SERVICE or get the hell out of the business!

• 20
      24th of Jul, 2009

Amen to that! Well said, The Real Dave in Montreal. I couldn't have said it better myself.

• As
      27th of Jul, 2009

HIT web design is a FRAUD COMPANY. They have designed a single page in a month. When I try to cancel, they say "per contract only a 50% refund is allowed" CRIMINAL!

• Ag
      28th of Jul, 2009

Here's an email that I recently sent to the CEO of Hitwebdesign. It speaks for itself:
    To the CEO of HitWebDesign:

This message is written to express my extreme frustration regarding the very mediocre and unprofessional services that I have received from your company.

Since March 3, 2009 I have been trying to put together a web page for my photography business. Today is July 21 and the project has not been completed. Some of the most serious issues that I have experienced and that have delayed the completion because they needed to be resolved have been:

1) Mislead in the terms of the deal: charges and fees such as monthly hosting fees and charges for watermarking.
    2) No submission of tutorials when requested (still missing tutorial for newsletter because the person "must be on vacation or something"...)
    3) No response from designers, or extreme delay in responding. At times it felt like I was begging for someone to respond.
    2) Arbitrary change in design and/or content of the page, without my approval.
    3) THE PAGE WENT LIVE WITHOUT MY CONSENT/APPROVAL, mistakes and glitches included, because someone thought that "I wouldn't want to loose business"...
    4) Extreme waiting times when one tries to reach customer service by phone... Sometimes given the runaround from department to department... No one seems to be "in charge of that"
    5) I requested my money back from Hit Web Design because I was extremely upset and I was not getting any answers. I was told by your people that I couldn't have my money back because "I was breaking the contract", EVEN THOUGH IT WAS YOUR PEPOPLE WHO WERE NOT DOING THEIR JOB!!!
    5) I requested a charge back from American Express because of lack of service from you. Your people responded to American Express quite unethically, taking some of my messages out of context, and saying that "my page was live, that it was on the internet, and that they had provided the service they were hired for". In other words, THEY LIED and of course I did not get my money back.
    6) I gave it another try, and the same problems appeared again...

Today, July 21, after about 135 days and 217 e-messages my web page is still not completed. The customer service person (Jeff) says that he "does not have any open items on my account", which means that after all these problems he still does not have a clue as to where my case stands. Further, he still does not show any interest whatsoever in answering my questions or addressing my concerns... He answers some, ignores others... I have to ask again and again... If you don't mind me clogging up your inbox I will be glad to forward to you all the messages that have been going back and forth which support these complaints, if so requested.

You will have to agree with me that your company has obviously not been prompt and professional as it pretends to be. The incompetence of Hit Web Design borders fraud to the customer, and what's worst, the customer has no recourse when it comes to complaining or bringing this behavior to the attention of the law: your contract is written in such a way that it is YOUR COMPANY who is always right and is allowed to do as it pleases.

I am frustrated, angered, disappointed, and tired of dealing with incompetent people. I have spent an enormous amount of time an energy trying to make this work, to no avail.

I want my money back, please.

• Ut
      30th of Jul, 2009

As a consumer advocate here in the state of Utah, I must recommend that people who have gotten a service or contracted with Hit Web Design, Heritage Internet Technologies, Heritage Web Solutions, or Heritage Web Design that you immediately call your credit card company, do a charge back, then contact the Utah Attorney General's Office and report the fraudulent practices. We should not tolerate unethical companies like Hit Web Design to operate in our community!

• Hi
      30th of Jul, 2009

It is in our best interest to work with customers who have complaints in order to reach a reasonable and fair resolution and establish a long term business relationship. One of the core values of HIT Web Design is to demonstrate our respect and commitment to all of our clients. In most cases, Heritage goes beyond what is fair for the company to satisfy a displeased client.
    While HIT is committed to establish long-term business relationships with each of our clients, there is no such thing as a complaint-free company. Research any large company and you will find complaints posted about them on the Internet.

Let me know about any concerns you may have and I will do my utmost to make sure you are satisfied. You can email me directly at CEO@hitwebdesign.com, or even Feedback@hitwebdesign.com

• Kk
      7th of Aug, 2009

This compnay is a scam. As an new employee I was to be paid $9 per update (by the way both jobs took 3 - 4 hours to complete). I did both jobs within one day and had the customers apporval on their updates. Both my invoices were accepted by the company and two months later I have not been paid the $18 they owe me. Their excuse. The post office has had too many closings thus delaying the check getting to me.

What a scam, don't work or especially buy a Website through them. Go through somebody local in your own community that you can trust and talk to when needed.

• Ye
      11th of Aug, 2009

Simply changing your Company Name will not make you a better more respected company, You must present your company in a professional manner. Everything I have ever heard about HIT, Herritage Web Solutions or any other name they use is nothing but bad, Both from customers and Other web Designers. I am very hopefull that they will pull their heads out of the sand and see what they are doing to their company.

• Ut
      18th of Aug, 2009

was sent this e-mail by an uphappy customer or employee... not sure which...

Whew,

We put together a huge rally for the last 15 minutes of the day and with the help of our nightshift made it to within 4k of our goal. The key today is to adjust our focus and shoot for the 75K level to make up for the missed revenue yesterday.

Hitting 75K is well within our reach, we just have to make sure that every single one of us remains focused on the goal and doing the right things to make it happen. Getting out of the gates quickly is going to be key and I need everyone dialing the phones and helping potential and current customers starting right when you get in.

Lets make today great,

David Aitken

P.S. If your position is based around calling out to your customers then make sure you eliminate anything possible that gets in the way of this activity. One thing we are no longer willing to do is ask our staff to do such a basic part of there position as dialing customers or leads. If you don’t like dialing the phone and staying busy all day long with the tasks you are responsible for then it may be time for you to consider moving on. Our supervisor staff has more important things to do than ask/beg people to do the basics and I am sure that those of you who are working hard get tired of hearing it.

Remember proper effort is a part of every ones job requirements, if working as hard as we request is not something you would like to do then please move on so that we can bring in someone that is willing to do it. Its the only right and fair thing I can do for those who are here working diligently all day every day.

_______________________________________________

18th of Aug, 2009

People need to get their money back from this company before it is too late! In this economy scams like this can't last for long!

• Li
      5th of Sep, 2009

It's UNBELIEVALBE that HIT web Design/Heritage Web solutions is in business. I am also a recent victim to their fraud. I have reported this company to [redacted] and will continue to try to make my voice heard. They are not willing to refund my money. Nothing is comlete and yet they started to charge me the hostessing fee. It's the most sadly unproffesional company you ever care to run into. All I want is my money back... from this corrupt business. I've been reading quite a bit about how NO GOOD this company is. Is there really any retribution in terms of money back, charge back etc., when you give them your debit card number? Does anyone know? I will call my bank however, their TOS that they conveniently through at you is "all for their favor and their gain. Nothing for the customer even though they have been the ones not to provide, the services you hired them to do. Or better yet, in addition to overcharge you. Their Terms of service is IRON CLAD in favor to them. Also, what about the action lawsuit against them... does anyone know anything about that? please advice. "Livid" in Arizona

• Ag
      10th of Sep, 2009

I encourage everyone to contact Mr. Matt Nelson (mnelson@hitwebdesign.com) to try and resolve your disputes. This is what I did and we were able to reach an agreement.

16th of Sep, 2009

Mr. Matt Nelson, Lance Card, Tanner Wolsey all seem to be wrapped up in the same issues. I am glad that you reached an agreement, but it is my guess that it was not advantageous for you. Would mind sharing what your agreement was?

• Ro
      17th of Sep, 2009

Matt Nelson is NOT able to help Do not waste your time, I have been through about 10 people in the company and sent numerous mails to David Aitken.

I will be doing charge backs with my bank ASAP. This company is a disgrace..spent 2, 000 dollars and now have to pay someone another 2, 000 to start a new website.

22nd of Sep, 2009

Along with that charge back Rose please remember to file a complaint with the BBB and to file an official complaint with the Utah Attorney General's office. You can do that at http://consumerprotection.utah.gov/complaints/index.html

I hope you are able to recoup the money you wasted even though you won't be able to ever recoup the time you lost!

30th of Sep, 2009

Hi,

Thankfully I did not accept the Terms of Service and will be refunded everything. I became a customer of Hit Web Design less than a week ago and I was so frustrated by the eagerness to get my bank account info, but then everyone disappeared. Just like BAM everyone was gone. Something told me to read the reviews. I quickly got disgusted and hurried and called their cancellation department. Luckily because I was smart thinking and didnt accept the TOS, they are going to refund me. Thank God they misspelled my name wrong and got some other info wrong or I would have accepted and god knows I would be screwed. I would not recommend using their services and I feel horrible for people who have been screwed by them. I agree with ethicalhit, file a complaint with the BBB and continue to do so. Maybe someone will wake up and care. I have wasted time and energy with these people.
    DO NOT choose Hit Web Design/Heritage Solutions.

Regards,
    An unhappy customer of Hit Web Design

30th of Sep, 2009

Hi again,

I'm disgusted as I read these emails. I should have read the reviews before I paid them anything. Hopefully I will get my money back here soon as I never accepted anything. I cannot believe these people are doing this. How is this even legal?

1st of Oct, 2009

Everyone should follow NoNonsense2009! Call Hit Web Design / Heritage Web Solutions and DEMAND a refund! Get a refund, file a complaint with the BBB, and RUN!

Hit Web Design should not be operating! I wish that they would simply stop ripping people off!

• Hi
      6th of Oct, 2009

At HIT Web Design, we are committed to maintaining the highest levels of honesty and integrity. We have been able to resolve most of the customer’s complaints from this website. However, there is no such thing as a complaint free company. Research any large company and you will find they have complaints posted about them on the internet, whether justified or not. There are simply a handful of individuals who, regardless of the merits of the issues, post slanderous and/or negative comments. Let me assure all who read this that those few who complain are less than 1% of our total volume of business. HIT has been able to satisfy every complaint posted, given that customer gives us the opportunity to do so.
    If you have a specific complaint or concern, please communicate directly with me at QCA@hitwebdesign.com or CEO@hitwebdesign.com.
    My personal promise to you is that HIT Web Design will be completely fair and equitable with you.
    Warmest Regards,