History Channel Club

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 by

Default on lifetime membership obligations

Several years ago I signed up for a Lifetime Membership at the History Channel Club. For awhile, I did receive the bi-monthly magazines which were part of the Lifetime Membership contract. But for the last year or two I have received nothing. Nor do I recall getting any notices of changes, needing to contact me, or even going insolvent. So I fear this is a case of intended suspension of all benefits and see if the member responds. Or they have quietly gone insolvent. Since I paid for lifetime benefits, I should either get them or get a refund on the lifetime dues.
Complaint comments Comments (8)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Magazines & Newspapers

Comments

A  14th of Jul, 2017 by    +1 Votes
Why has the members of the history channel club not receiving the magazine anymore? I'm a lifetime member and I want to know, whats going on, why haven't I received any information, on why you all have stopped sending our promised magazine?
Seem to be more questions than answers.
With the popularity of the history channel, they need to divulge why they broke there prommisses to life time members. I enjoyed the magazine, and really would like to receive mine, that I paid for.
Signed not a happy life member
A  21st of Jul, 2017 by    +1 Votes
I agree with you, not happy at all. I can guess what happened though, from the beginning, A&E farmed out the club to some third party whose sole business is setting these clubs up and running them once A&E decided to do a print magazine. So now, obviously, they discontinued the magazine and we're left with nothing because that seems to be what the only benefit there was left, is a lifetime subscription to the mag.,
Total failure on their part. A company as big as A&E should be doing whatever they can to make it right with the people that got suckered because they didn't do due diligence in finding a reputable company to administer it in the first place.
Class-action lawsuit, maybe? Probably too late, I don't know.
A  30th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
My name is Alleyn Kinney and became a lifetime member in July if 2004. I got the History channel magazine and when that quit they sent me the first issue of "Warrior" magazine and then we moved to Prescott, Arizona. Sine that time I have made numerous inquiries about the obligated magazine and had absolutely no response. I agree with the above comments and feel very strongly that you all have an obligation to the lifetime membership members. This is not a way to run the show. I have encouraged some of my friends to join and they have but now I am afraid they feel the same way. What will you plan or have you planned to do about this situation?????
Alleyn Kinney Member # 90162003 253 Rockridge Road Prescott, AZ 86305
P.S. I would really appreciate some kind of response to this and not have it just thrown into some waste container!
N  18th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
I also paid for a lifetime membership to the History Channel. I did receive bi-monthly magazines and other items .. them everything stopped without warning... why did everything stop?
Member # 80025115 Judy Orofino Connecticut
N  20th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Judy Orofino i also paid for a lifetime membership

Member#80180858
michael bell Indiana
A  8th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
ife member JANET WALDBURGER 80196866 MEMBER SINCE 12/2011 AND I CAN'T FIND YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND A LONG TIME AGO I HAVE NOT BEEN GETTING YOUR WONDERFUL MAGAZINE. I FORGOT MY SIGN IN INFORMATION. PLEASE HELP ME
A  12th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
I also joined as lifetime member and once I didn't purchase anymore DVDs I stopped receiving any communications from them. The URL for signing into the website no longer is valid. I cannot find any valid website to sign-on.
N  12th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
I too stopped getting the magazine, and also received one issue of Warrior magazine, and that was it. Just figured it was a bad deal on A & E's part. You live and learn.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree

History Channel / A&E Television Networks Logo History Channel / A&E Television Networks
Customer Care Service