History Channel ClubDefault on lifetime membership obligations

M

Several years ago I signed up for a Lifetime Membership at the History Channel Club. For awhile, I did receive the bi-monthly magazines which were part of the Lifetime Membership contract. But for the last year or two I have received nothing. Nor do I recall getting any notices of changes, needing to contact me, or even going insolvent. So I fear this is a case of intended suspension of all benefits and see if the member responds. Or they have quietly gone insolvent. Since I paid for lifetime benefits, I should either get them or get a refund on the lifetime dues.

• Ca
    Carol Heilman Jan 14, 2021

I too purchased a lifetime membership At first the magazines came regularly, then just once in a while and now, the last one I have is from 2013. I see a previous post says they are out of business. What they did to us is terrible.

John Orosz Dec 27, 2020

The same here, I wondered what happened.

• Je
    Jeff Levy Nov 28, 2020

I have also signed up for lifetime membership I think we should be reimbursed for what we paid

• Gl
    Glen Newton Oct 11, 2020

Me too. Lifetime member since 2005. Haven't gotten anything from them in years. Got a couple of Warrior magazines after they switched to that magazine and then nothing. Is there a class action suit? Has A&E addressed any complaints?

• Fe
    ferroequineologist Sep 02, 2020

Well after 2 pages of squaks here's mine. :ifetime member several coin sets unfinished received several issues of warrior mag and got sick to my stomache it was that bad. I also bought a lifetime membership for my wife in the cooking club through same outfit with an outcome and exact similar outcome. so I guess i' m a two time sucker. oh well so be it. len c gadde

• Ph
    Philip Viverito Aug 16, 2020

I became a life time member too and after a couple of years and after many calls and e-mails have had no response after the initial joining gifts. Member # [protected] 4/2005. What a rob job.

• Ra
    RachelH2015 Aug 10, 2020

I’ve been wondering for years what happened too! What can we do about this? Anyone ever heard anything? Lol. I was expecting a magazine and cool things for the rest of my life!

Manny Ramirez Jul 29, 2020

I have been a member #[protected] since September 2010 and have not received anything fro the Club. Does the club still exist?

Manny Ramirez Jul 29, 2020

I have been a Life Member #[protected] since September 2010 and have received nothing from The History Life Channel Club. Does the Club still exist?

• Eh
    Ehirtle Jun 28, 2020

Member since 2005. I received some of the original benefits, as well as the original magazine (which I liked). One issue of Warrior magazine (👎🏻). That’s it. I don’t remember how much the life membership was, but it wasn’t worth what I received.
    Rip off

John Gracey May 18, 2020

Complaining about defaulting on a lifetime membership doesn’t do a thing to right the wrong, but I am one of the many who had a membership and seemingly without notification, it was dissolved. I would rather have what was promised to me rather than a refund.

• Ca
    CalifTxmom May 13, 2020

Same here, paid for the lifetime membership and got 2 issues of the Warrior magazine and then nothing, tried to email to the Warrior and the email came back undeliverable. Why has nothing happened? I will never sign up for a lifetime membership again is being screwed is the end result!

• Ve
    Vern Fawcett May 11, 2020

I might as well add my name to this list ... member since 4/2008. Got one or two of the Warrior magazines then nothing.

Vernon Fawcett
    Member ID ... 4826

• To
    Tony Lay Apr 21, 2020

I want to know what is the status/benefits of my life membership (#[protected]) which I got in 2011. No magazine now, so what is the benefit of the membership?

• Jacob Griff Apr 21, 2020

I joined History channel club in high school back in the early 2000’s. Got one or two of the Warrior magazines then nothing. I think during that time the life time fee was over $450. I would like a chance to get my money back as well if any lawsuit ever comes along.

• Ho
    Howard L. Dec 31, 2019

I'm like everyone else on this thread. I joined as a lifetime member in 2004 and received the magazine for about four or five years, but then nothing. No letter, no word, no nothing explaining. I'll join in anything to get my subscription going again or my refund of $200.

• Tt
    TTSSabc Nov 21, 2019

I have my Life member of the History Channel Club and it was issued in November 2007.

My thoughts on this situation is, that like all big conglomerates, they do not care about the little person unless they are causing a problem that can cause a reaction like a lawsuit. We are not going to get anything from these no-loads because we don't have any power. They have our money and that is all they care about.

• Kr
    KristyH Oct 29, 2019

I sent an e-mail to the History Channel today. I don't know if it will do any good, but it made me feel better. Maybe if we all e-mail the History Channel, and multiple times a week, they will listen. Worth a try?

• Ry
    RyanMohr Jan 05, 2020

@KristyH Did you receive a reply?

• Rh
    RHWilgus Oct 21, 2019

Along with everyone else, I, too am a Lifetime member since January 2011. I sure would like to know what happened to this membership

• Kr
    KristyH Jul 23, 2019

I am in the same boat as everyone else. I, too, would be willing to participate in a class action lawsuit. I paid $700, but did not receive $700 worth of benefits. The professional thing to do would to have notified all of us as to what happened with our memberships.

Nick, have you discovered if there are any steps for all of us to take to receive refunds?

Thanks!
    Kristen Member ...9041

• M1
    M1tanker Aug 08, 2019

@KristyH I too a member since 2004 love to know what’s going on so I can jump on board wendle findley member no#[protected]

• Ni
    Nick Pate Jul 16, 2019

Just discovered that when the history channel club sold out to a 3rd party (you may remember getting your 'scout' magazine) that company soon after filed for bankruptcy . Here is what I found:
    "Scout Media, formerly The North American Outdoor Group and the North American Membership Group (NAMG), was an American media company, specializing in membership clubs and related magazines. Since 2007 it has been owned by the Pilot Group, a private equity firm run by Robert W. Pittman. In 2013, NAMG acquired Scout.com. NAMG combined with Scout.com to form Scout Media. Pilot Group lost control of Scout Media to a group of Russian investors. Scout Media filed for bankruptcy in 2016; it was acquired by CBS Sports Digital in 2017."

• Ml
    mlts Oct 18, 2019

@Nick Pate Life Member here too. Started out as Charter Member then joined as a Life Member in 2005. Was wondering what happened to the magazine etc. Would have been nice if they had let everyone know what was going on. Thanks for the info. Wonder if there is anything that members can do?

• Da
    David Owens Jun 17, 2019

I, like the rest got my membership in 2008, have not received anything since 2010, I would be one to also sign up a class action suit, against
    History channel. They are paying big bucks for the treasure shows, so they need to fulfill their obligation to us.
    David Owens #[protected]

• Sb
    sblec May 25, 2019

i also joined as a life time member -went well for a couple of years then nothing
    no mail no magazine nothing

• Mi
    Mike Gibson May 31, 2019

@sblec I also was ripped off by History/A&E on the lifetime BS. Ironic that they slammed Trump for being dishonest and leave you thinking he is in "bed" with the Russians - all the while they do the same thing to the public - I am sure there won't be any reporting on this scam (no one reports on our media today - they are the real crooks)!!!

• Ro
    Ron Eggert Apr 09, 2019

I subscribed to the History Channel Club as a lifetime member. Are any lifetime members interested in a class action law suit against A & E.? Is it possible at this point?

jag1821 Mar 22, 2019

Member since 03/2004, Member # [protected]. Please update me on anything that happens with this. I also agree this was not cheap. email [email protected]

• Os
    Osage Jan 31, 2019

I also have been a member since 09/2009, member #[protected]. I would like ALL the benefits or my money back. This wasn't cheap.

• Oj
    Ojai Dec 26, 2018

Same here! I signed up and paid for a lifetime membership. I notice the History Magazine is still published.

John Sandberg Dec 19, 2018

I also have been a member since 2006 and received the Warrior magazine for a short time and then nothing since. My lifetime number is [protected] and an wondering what we can do?

• De
    Deron Wlodarski Dec 11, 2018

member since 2004 #[protected] everything stopped no info on what happen but this not the only lifetime membership of mine do this MLB did the same everything just stopped.

Deron Wlodarski

AngryW Oct 10, 2018

I so agree we paid our membership in full and got magazine till we moved and then nothing at the new address at all and I bought this for my husband Member number [protected] very disappointed to spend all that money and now no access!

• Bk
    Bkny13 Oct 09, 2018

I also am I lifetime member and I order so many magazines that I realized the same thing .where's my magazines, has anyone gotten a response from them? And has anyone taken legal action? This isn't right I paid like everyone else hundreds of dollars .

• Bs
    BSzot Aug 28, 2018

I just saw a History Channel "magazine" about Jack the Ripper. It was on sale at CVS. Seems like if there's anything being printed under that banner that this would give good reason to demand that Lifetime members also receive this. I'm going to write to the addresses listed in the magazine cover and see if any respond...

• We
    Wendy Wyman Aug 22, 2018

I agree...we need information ... a refund or something for lifetime members...#[protected]...bought this for my husband years ago.

• Be
    Betty B Hawley Aug 14, 2018

I paid for lifetime membership in 2009 (ID # [protected]) Should at least have access to History Channel without paying.

• Ts
    tshipman Jul 25, 2018

I, also, am a lifetime member since 2012. I don't receive anything any longer. What is going on? Thomas Shipman

• Da
    Dawn Marie Suiter Jul 08, 2018

Also a lifetime member. I was extremely disappointed when H Magazine switched to Warrior (I like social and cultural history, NOT military history). Then it just stopped coming and the website is gone. I wish we could get a refund for the membership, as it seems we were scammed. -Dawn Suiter

• Vi
    Vickie Raye Long Ackermann Jun 13, 2018

Vickie Ackermann I have been a lifetime member since Feb. 2010. #[protected]. I haven't heard anything or received anything from the History channel club in a very long time. I enjoyed it while it lasted. Is anything being done to make this right? My email is [email protected] Please advise.

• Sc
    schaefer Jun 13, 2018

I too have the same issue as many of the other writers about no longer getting my magazine even though I am lifetime member. It has been almost 8 years since I received my last issue and I too thought that maybe the club went bankrupt without letting anyone know. I even had two articles that were published in the magazine for which I was very proud. However, I have recently seen the History Club Magazine in Costco stores. If the Club went bankrupt why were we members not notified? And, since the magazine is on the shelf in stores my have we not been getting magazines continued? I would certainly, as I'm sure we all would, appreciate some answers so we can put closure to this issue. Here is my email address so that I can EASILY be reached. [email protected] hope that the History Channel Club steps up to the plate to do the right thing.

• Jd
    JD1978 May 23, 2018

This makes a lot of sense as I am a lifetime member as well and have not received a magazine for quite sometime, almost 2 years come to think of it.

• Ge
    Gene Kimball May 14, 2018

I also became a lifetime member but, as stated so many times above, I have not received anything for quite some time from the History Channel Club. My email address they have on file for me is [email protected] Are they filing bankruptcy?