HHgregg / don't buy from them

United States Review updated:

Seventeen months after I purchased a $1, 675 Sony 46" flat screen TV, it failed. HHGregg advertised quality products, but a TV which lasts only 17 months does not fit my definition of a quality product. I called Sony and their representative stated that the TV lasted longer than the one year warrenty which is Sony's goal. I will not purchase any merchandise from hhgregg nor buy the Sony brand in the future.

Oc

Comments

• Pa
      18th of Mar, 2010

You are an idiot.

2nd of Jul, 2010

Your an idiot. The store has nothing to do with the product. They don't make the product or fix it. They sale the product. That tv was built in a Sony factory and shipped to several store. Anyone from Best Buy to Wal Mart could have sold that same tv and your seriously going to sit here and blame them for your tv messing up a year and a half later...you really are an idiot.

12th of Jul, 2010

Dude I feel your pain. I bought a toaster from Wal Mart three years ago and it burnt my beagel this morning. Not only should Wal Mart replace my toaster but they owe me a beagel too.

• Cj
      24th of Jul, 2011

I feel that if you are treated unfair then if you do not let people know things will not change - as for hhgregg people one would only have to read and find out that they do not stand behind products they sale - and yes anyone that buys from them should expect them to stand behind what they sale for at least 6 months to a year - most stores do (Wal-Mart, K Mart, Sams Club, Best Buy, Sears) why should hhgregg not be held accountable for somthing they sale - but I can speak from experience as they did not stand behind a printer they sold me - you are on your own if you purchase from them when you take it out the door - I only had a month and the manager made it plain that unless I have an extended warrenty they will not hlep you - they just opened a store in Myrtle Beach SC and if they continue down the path of not caring then it should close and I hope it does

14th of Sep, 2011

Again they didn't build that printer. If the product fails which any electronic can than it falls on the manufactor not the person who sold it. Quit being a jew and buy a service protection plan if you want hhgregg to fix your crap after you break it.

• Dd
      1st of Jul, 2012

, i can tell when they salesman offered you the service plan you said no. That is how they stand behind what they sell. the manf. only gives you a year warranty. after that you are on you own.