Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company / customer service - printer setup
The HP setup utility was not finding my new printer to set it up (wireless), so I started a chat session I was told that my device drivers needed to be cleaned up as over time bad things had been able to access & invade my existing drivers & I would not be able to connect a printer to my wireless...they then told me it needed to be done by a "certified" technician & the charge would be $200.00, when I challenged what they had told me they simply said "that is the fix" and asked me if I wanted to do it. When I refused & called it a scam & wanted the name of the person I was talking to & the name of the 3rd party company they would only give me a fake name "Harry Stinson"...the person I was talking to was obviously of India decent..when I challenged his name he told he was not allowed to give me his real name. I then went to the printer and manually set it up connected to my wifi & was printing in less than 3 mins.
I suggest you check out this "Harry Stinson" & the 3rd party companies you are using to support your products.
Anyone reading this, please don't fall for this $200.00 scam.
More Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers 
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems 
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless! 
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product! 
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service! 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - laptop hard drive 
- Hewlett Packard - the company, the customer service, and hp pavillion x360 convertible 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - printer office jet 6950 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - HP Laptop
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - officejet 5255