Hewlett Packard / Compaq Laptop / faulty product!
I had bought a Laptop Compaq v3133au which is still under warranty. Last month in August 2007 i was traveling to Mumbai on a business meet. There, the laptop would not start up and had no display on the screen. When i came back to Delhi, i carried it to the HP service center in Okhla industrial area. There i submitted my laptop. I got a call a day later telling me that the on-board graphic chip was faulty and hence the motherboard will be replaced.
I received it some days later by courier to my office. When I switched on the unit, i found that it was working OK. But, I noticed that the DVD-Writer was not working properly. On closer inspection, I found that someone had replaced my SONY branded DVD Writer with a Mitashi/Mitsui brand one. I went again to the service center and told them about it. I submitted the Laptop again. A week later, I went to collect my Laptop and now the DVD Writer was completely fine.
Now, decided to update the drivers from the net. I found that in the Graphics options section you can check the temperature of the graphic chip which was damaged previously. No surprises, it was heating like anything and while no program was running, the temperature shown by it was 123 degrees. If i run only the windows media player, the temperature shoots to 132 degrees, whereas the maximum threshold is 130 degrees. I went to the service center for the third time.
Firstly, they told me that there is nothing wrong. On insisting on the problem, they told me to submit it again. I got a call after 2-3 days telling me that they are changing the bottom case. After receiving it after a week, i find that the problem is still there. And on top of it, the keyboard is now bulging out from the right side.
Nobody has been able to resolve the problem. I will be taking it back again next week and see what they do.
Be very careful while buying from them again!!!
More Hewlett Packard / Compaq Laptop Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers 
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems 
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless! 
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product! 
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service! 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - hp 3070a printer
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - officejet pro 6968
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - warranty repair & customer service
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - tech support, cheaply built product, ripping me off, worst customer service ever
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - hp service