Hertz Rental Car / sneak currency conversion charge
On 06/06/2009, I had a rental car transaction of total of 611.66 GBP
charged to my visa card at Hertz Car Rental office at London’s Heathrow
Airport. While I was told orally of the total charge of certain amount in
GBP, the charge was actually sneakily converted to US dollars based on
a ridiculous exchange rate they set that includes a currency conversion
charge without even notifying me.
After I got home, I noticed that. Emailed Hertz. They denied any wrong
doing even though I explained to them that my Capital One visa card
does not even charge a foreign currency transaction fee and that I had no
incentive for the dynamic currency conversion. I asked them to show my
signature approval on the converted charge, they have no response.
Be very careful with Hertz if you use them abroad. They took advantage
of you while you are tired on travel with this unethical and illegal business
conduct. For me, I will avoid Hertz anywhere in the future.
More Hertz Rental Car Complaints & Reviews
- Hertz - verbale fine online 
- Hertz Italiana Spa Roma - incorrect charged of 150€ after 5 months 
- Hertz Car Rental - i'll never rent from them again! 
- Hertz Italiana Spa Roma - traffic ticket in italy 
- Hertz Italiana Spa Roma - visa charges 
- Hertz Car Rental - the payment was not explained to me properly, on how payments would be deducted from my account.
- Hertz 3601 Hillsborough Rd Durham NC - hertz rental location poor customer service
- Hertz - rental car
- Hertz - lost and found returning of items
- Hertz Car Rental - refund