Hertz IAH (Houston)rental car toll charges

I recently rented a vehicle from IAH on March 12-17 (Agreement number: [protected]). Nobody at the rental desk mentioned tolls or toll charges but just before leaving the gate of the parking ramp, I was told there was a toll pass in the vehicle. I was new to the area and unaware of any toll roads so I didn't ask any questions. Google Maps directed me onto Sam Houston Tollway after leaving the airport and the unmanned tolls flashed me twice before I could exit that road. I tried several times everyday to contact the rental agency to verify there would not be any charges but there was no answer. When I returned the vehicle with $30!!! of charges in toll fees.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Houston, TXI made several more calls to Hertz and PlatePass but each just blamed each other for the charges and said it's not their responsibility (Hertz said they can't do anything because the charges weren't billed by Hertz. PlatePass said this is the agreement they have with Hertz so any action would have to be taken by them.). This is customer deception and awfully close to fraud. It may be outlined in the rental agreement but your agents' verbal agreement is entirely contradictory. I hope the extra few dollars you scam from your customers is worth their loyalty. I'll be checking into other options in the future. I desire a refund of all toll charges at a minimum.

Je