Hertz Car Rental / fraudulant charges

France

On March 24th, 2012 I picked up a rental car reserved and paid for online through Auto Europe, in Aix en Provence, France. The rental fee paid in advance online was $67.08 . This covered the rental only. No extra charges or services were requested by us; including additional insurance. The sub-contracting rental company turned out to be HERTZ.
Imagine my surprise when I received my VISA statement recently to discover an additional charge by HERTZ of $183 dollars !

Following my conversation with a Auto Europe customer service representative, I filed a formal complaint requesting dismissal of all extra charges over and above the rail station location surcharge, and the road fee requested an immediate reimbursement of the extra insurance charges of $125.

The HERTZ representative in Aix made NO mention of insurance, did not point out on the rental agreement that he had, without authorization, checked the boxes to include insurance, and never notified us that I had signed off on extra insurance.

The deliberate omission of information by the vendor resulted in a fraudulent act tricking me into signing a form that may have included extra insurance ( and I have no copy of the form ) but that I did not want and did not verbally consent to ( as no mention was ever made by the agent).

Cl