Hertz Car Rental / car rental

1 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Dear Madam/Sir,

I reserved a vehicle from Hertz through Expedia for pick-up at your branch at 30 York St. in Ottawa on December 31, 2018 and return the next day.

Upon arrival at the rental office on Dec. 31, the clerk informed me that the only car of the size which I had booked was a bright pink vehicle. He said that he assumed that I would not want a pink car and that I could take a larger car of a normal colour (white or black) but would have to pay the price difference. (The price of the car I booked was $40 all inclusive and the price for the larger car was $48.64.) I took the larger car and paid the difference because I did not want to drive around in the silly-looking pink car. I did not make an issue of the matter because I did not have the impression that the clerk had the authority to offer me the larger car at the price which had been agreed via my Expedia reservation.

I request that Hertz reimburse me the $8.64 difference. I would not have booked with Hertz had I known that I would be required to take a bright pink car or pay more for a normal-looking vehicle. I am surprised that Hertz has cars of such unconventional colours in its fleet as few clients would want to be seen driving around in one. Certainly very few clients would be happy to be told, after reserving a car of a certain size, that they must take a pink or polka-dotted car or pay more for a larger model. I frequently rent cars from different companies and have never before had such a bizarre experience.

I look forward to your reply. My Email address is [protected]@gmail.com