Hertz Car Rental / auto leaked oil all over my garage

I was involved in an accident in january 2006. The insurance company secured a rental for me from hertz rent a car. After a few weeks the auto leaked oil all over my garage and i had stepped in it and tracked it all through my house. I wrote a letter to hertz and told them of the 10 hours that i spent coordinating the pick up of the car and the time that it took me to rent another car. Also, in the letter, i told them i spent 6 hours on sunday cleaning up the oily mess that was all over my kitchen and garage. The people at hertz sent me a check for $90 to cover my time and cleaning supplies. What a joke. In my letter, i requested $500 for my time and effort. I live along the chesapeake bay and that was an environmental issue. They should have considered themselves lucky that - 1 - i knew better than to try to drive that car and 2 - i did not hire an environmental unit to clean up this mess. So, hertz, if i can get as many as possible to see how you operate and not rent cars from you, i will have gotten my money worth. Thank you for listening and i would appreciate you posting this complaint on your web sight.

Ch
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Fi
      25th of Jun, 2016

Hertz's website has posted hours on their site that they closed at 11pm, I get their at 6:30pm and their closed . I call them the next morning and was told too bad we have your credit card we will charge the extra days.

• Bd
      14th of Nov, 2018
    Hertz - mco hertz rental
    Orlando
    Florida

The gas is full but company insisted to charge $ 27, never Hertz again!!! Tried to talk to the office to get a resolution on the spot, but couldn't afford to wait for 30 min.

• Ge
      11th of Nov, 2018
    Hertz Rental Car Company - customer product by way of service.
    Dearborn
    Michigan

what is the procedure for disabled US Veterans of USA.i am a disabled veteran myself and i cant find the topic on what a disabled veteran is classified as?? I have been having problems with the discounts on military veterans. ty. i just want a clarification as how this applys as an aaa michigan member as well. i rent hertz cars and i like to know.

• Xa
      12th of Nov, 2018
    Hertz - Discrimination
    Spain

I am trying to rent an adapted car in Spain and they claim they only have 2 in the whole country. Why Herts don't treat disabled people the same in other countries? I just need hand controls.

• Fi
      20th of Nov, 2018
    Hertz - rent charges
    Livingston
    California

Hertz has bad customers service they hire the worst people. They will ripe you off... they Don't care about their customers. Do not deal with hurtz it will save you lots ofmoney and lots of frustration.

• Ca
      27th of Oct, 2018
    Hertz - My car wasn't available at time of pickup
    Junction city
    California

I was to pick up my rental at 11am. The representative called me and said they had to bring a car from Newton, KS to Junction city. I'm very, very upset as this has put me back towards my arrival time. Your business location is very unorganized and I am requesting some form of compensation for my wait time

• Wh
      28th of Oct, 2018
    Hertz - Did not get my refund for filling the fuel tank up on the return of car
    Syracuse
    New York

picked up car 6/3/17 dropped off car 6/8/17
    RR 198636163
    H3100932063
    When I picked up the car I did not want fuel charge of 32.33, I returned the car with a full tank of fuel

14th of Aug, 2018
    Hertz - Rental Car debits to my credit card
    Mobile
    Alabama

Confirmation H7244130351 @$93.00 a charge I need refunded back to my card. Confirmation H72536574D2 one that I approved. This is a grand total $247.47. Please refund my $93.00 to my card on record. This was a weekend rental not a Range Rover, Porsche or Jaguar but, a Chevy Malibu I know there were added charges for additional driver. Thank you

• Ly
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Hertz - Death Car
    Sun City
    Arizona
    Hertz.com

Thursday July 19, 2018, I rented a car from Hertz, been with them many years, this was a compact, Hyundai Accent, I almost drove over a cliff going over the mountains. I called as soon as I got to Cal. no one would help me trade, I had to drive the car back very slowly it too 10 hours, terrible service.

• Ki
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Hertz Rental Car - Reservation
    Rochester
    Illinois

I made a reservation and cancelled it with in a few hours, and I have not yet received my money.

• Ji
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Hertz Italiana Spa Roma - Master credit card charge
    Bologna
    Italy
    hertz.com

I rented a car in March from Hertz Italiana and returned, but in May as well as in Jun they charged me each time 31.- € from my master card without any explaination. What is to do??

• Ti
      14th of Oct, 2018
    Hertz - Unsatisfied costumer

Do not do business with Hertz they are a rip off and aren't client friendly.

• Sh
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Hertz - unauthorized credit card charges
    Shreveport
    Louisiana

i rented a 2013 Kia Rio in Sept of2015 or 2016 cant remember to the exact but i checked my credit score and it show hertz rental over charged by 2, 000 this is serious and i need to know what happened and why

• Ca
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Hertz - paid 4 times instead of 3
    WARRINGTON
    England, Cheshire
    United Kingdom

Hi. The four references that I was given are H 60424972C1. Also H6042791090 and H 60517924E8 all at the desk in derry but the fourth one which was used was H6041518409.thanks carole feeney

I have paid for the last re 8409 from my debit card but the first three have come off my credit card which I need refunding please

• Ni
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Hertz - Corporate Positions on Political Matters.

Although not an NRA member, I will NOT use Hertz as long as you bring politics into your business. You are business fools.

• Ro
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Hertz - Abandoning NRA
    All

I am not Bot
    I am a Patriot
    I am a frequent user of Car Rentals
    I and all within my circle condemn your company for politicization
    I will no longer consider Hertz a viable option in your industry

• Un
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Hertz - Worse of everything
    Las Vegas
    Nevada

Please take a good look on the car that we got and you can let me know if it's acceptable or not.

Was waiting for customer care to return my email regarding the rental which I had in Vegas, it's more than a week now⋯⋯⋯⋯I guess, Herz does care !!! What a joke .

• Sh
      5th of Sep, 2018
    Hertz - rental
    Katy
    Texas

with in 30 minutes i received quotes with a 300 dollar difference. i ASKED ABOUT BEST PRICE Guarantee, told international only. Called and asked for supervisor. was told book elsewhere if you find a better deal. she didn't know about best rate. employees are unhelpful and poorly informed. I WILL NOT call again

10th of Sep, 2018
    Hertz - Billing error

I see on my VISA statement that I was charged $360.16 twice on 6/14/18. This was a rental in England. Kindly investigate and let me know what you find.

Cordially,

15th of Oct, 2018
    Hertz - Unauthorized Credit charge , behaviour
    Tomball
    Texas

I had the worst ever experience on top of being called a liar then over charged for a compact car, I will never rent from hertz ever again they are the absolute worst !!! Blessing is one lying, rude, ignorant human being . The car I rented even needed maintenance done and I was told to ignore it as well as needed to be cleaned out.