Hero Honda Super Splendor / Faulty engine

1 India Review updated:

Rested Sir/Madam,

I (Joydeep Bhadra) residing at 46H, Sreedhar Roy Road, Kolkata – 700039, PS- Tiljala, purchased a Hero Honda Super Splendor (Reg. No: WB-07-7668; Engine No. 07HAEE-07819; Chasis No. 07HAEF – 08201) on 12th September 2007 (12/09/07) from Malu Motors Pvt. Ltd. at 82, Park Street, Kolkata – 700017.

I am totally disillusioned about Hero Honda motorcycles following my repeated complaints to the Hero Honda Service Center going unattended. On the very next day of the purchase, I found that the engine is over heating even after a short drive with annoying noise from the pistol chamber, which is not a trend to any Hero Honda bike. I brought the matter into concern at Malu Motor’s Hero Honda Service Center at 69C, Tiljala Road, Kolkata – 39 during my first service. They said they will rectify the problem eventually doing nothing. This made me take my bike another 3 times after the first service and every time I was asked to leave my bike at the Service center for surveillance to rectify the fault, to which they did nothing till date. Meanwhile, sometime in January, 2008, I went to Auto Emission Testing Center at 36A&B, Ballygunge Circular Road, Kolkata –19 to obtain a pollution certificate. The bike failed in the emission test to both me and the concerned test inspector with great astonishment. Then only the test conductor stated that the bike has a faulty engine and that I must do something about it.

I took the bike to the concerned Service Center and once again asked to look into the matter seriously. I am quite unhappy with the arrogant behavior of some Mr. Rama of the Malu Motor’s Service Center and thus had few heated exchange of words. Now, whenever I go, he does not attend me anymore and leaves it on some other people though he is the main concerned person. I have talked regarding the faulty engine condition at the Malu Motors Showroom with a concerned person named Mr. Satyaki Sen. He assured full assistance on this regard, but so far with no result.

I had always held Hero Honda bikes to highest esteem, but now I am really disillusioned about Hero Honda bikes. Its very much distressing to feel cheated even with whole lot of warranty assurance from the company to its customer. Most of my friends are now opting for Bajaj motorbikes for their performance and those who even thought of getting Hero Honda Super Splendor are thinking of buying Bajaj Discover seeing the condition of my bike.

I am mentally distressed after buying the bike and not getting proper assistance at the service center following my complaint.

The engine of the bike gets heated up very quickly even driving it for less than a kilometer. The heat becomes incessant after driving the bike for a mere 4/5 kilometers and the pillion rider also feels the heat wave blowing out of the whole engine even during chilly winter nights. It becomes unbearable and I am not sure how will I manage to drive the bike during summer months. The noise of the engine is also not same compared to other Super Splendor of same series and it was evident when I checked it last time in the Service Station on 02/24/08 with another Super Splendor of same series. I have recently undergone my second Service contact of the bike, with no rectification.

Its my most ardent request to look into the matter specifically and immediately to restore solace and pride in me and make me a proud Hero Honda bike owner. Please do the needful. Thanking you.

Regards – Joydeep Bhadra

Comments

• Sh
      8th of Apr, 2008

A complaint was registered by Mr. Joydeep Bhadra on 26th of February 2008 against Malu Motors Pvt. Ltd. at 82, Park Street, Kolkata – 700017. I totally agree with him.
    My name is Sheikh Feroze. I had bought CBX Xtreme from Mallu Motors (Kolkata, Park Street)
    I have given my bike for service in their own service station. My bike number is WB-07 Y3959. It's been over 2 months and I still haven't got my bike back. It's been a very horrible experience as I keep calling them every week and they always tend to extend the time without taking any initiative. I have not bought my bike for the service station people to use it. I am a lawyer by profession and I going to file a case in the consumer forum to ask for compenstaion. I do hope for your early reply and action as I have'nt got any feedback from your side till now. Thanks

29th of Apr, 2008

I am telling for both of you.
    Plz, if you purchase the bikes for finance stop your cheque immidiately.
    Please both of you please contact Head Office

Sanjay S

• Mr
      7th of Aug, 2008

I fully agree with Mr. Joydeep as I have also been facing similar type of problem.

• De
      27th of Sep, 2008

DEAR SIR
    SUB: POOR SERVICES FROM SERVICE CENTRE IN UNDER WARRENTY.

When i go service centre in TARAN ANGAD TRADERS PVT. LTD, GWALIOR
    Meri byke under warrenty hone ke badh bhee mujko pareshan kiya ja raha hai, aur bar bar ye bola ja raha hai ki parts stocks main nh h, meri byke main cillencer, shooker, service ko lekar problem h, byke no .MP07 MA5835, Jab ki main 10/06/2008 ko aur 26/09/2008 ko service per 15 din tak byke de chuka hu, uske badh bhee problem hai service kiii.plz samashya ka samadhan kare,

Regards
    Deepak bhardwaj
    9926663080,

9th of Oct, 2008

Hi, Myself Mantosh i bought a HERO HONDA SPLENDOR PLUS bike in november 2007 ( OSWAL Moter, DELHI) in this period my bike never run in proper condition. There are a missing problame that always make me worry. I complained several time in oswal servece center but he was always unable to solve my problame. After ten month i got a mejor problame in the engine, it was tomuch smoking there was a mejor fault in piston kit and now my bike is running in another new pistonkit but, still my bike is suffering from missing problame, i am in too much worry & distress about the feature of this bike. i wish to get a proper feedback from the concern authority.

My contact number is- 9871444821.

4th of Nov, 2008

i get new bike so give tip to me