Hero Honda CBZ X-Treme / Delivery of new vehicle extended indefinitely!

India Review updated:
I had booked a new Hero Honda CBZ X-Treme on the 13th of Jan 2007 from your dealers 'Ideal Motors, Lingarajapuram, Bangalore'. I am extremely frustrated to state that I haven't yet received the bike till date (19th Feb 2007). I had contacted the dealer several times and he gave me all sorts of reasons, 3 of which are painfully interesting, which I have provided below:

1. He told me that a new stock was delivered 2 weeks back, which consisted of only red and silver colored vehicles. Mine, being a black vehicle would still take another week. (And I thought vehicles were being delivered based on the booking forms submitted and not dumping a set of vehicles to be sold at will by the dealer).

2. He finally promised me that the bike would be delivered on Saturday, the 17th of Feb, 2007. On approaching him, he explained to me that the stock was delayed due to the strike that went on in Bangalore for a day. (This was a valid excuse if he had informed me just around a week after the booking, not on the 35th day).

3. I received another call today stating that the stock finally arrived (from Delhi, not from the U.S, mind you). He postponed the date from today to tomorrow, the 20th of Feb, 2007 since the stock was still on the truck and would be unloaded only tomorrow and then they had to check the vehicle for complaints. (I always believed they finished that at the factory level).

I am seriously sick and tired of this sort of customer service and I am sorry to say I have lost all interest in your vehicle. The payment was made and all relevant documents were submitted at the exact dates on which they were supposed to be. Just due to the fact that I didn't go up to the showroom and create a big scene, which would discourage prospective customers from buying your vehicles, my case is being postponed indefinitely.

I would like to add that no bike which is being manufactured in India is worth waiting for 40 days. If this is the kind of marketing and customer service that Hero Honda wishes to extend to its customers, I am sorry to say that it is a huge disappointment being associated with a company like this. Is Hero Honda no more interested in selling their bikes...

N  14th of Mar, 2007 by
I want to bought CBZ X- Treme. Can i bought full installment. Please tell me proper details of your Status.

N  16th of Jun, 2007 by
I bought this red CBZ xtreme on 2nd of April... Since then it has given hell lot of headache... Its not abt the bike but the hero honda company as a whole which is really playing fool with the customers...

The very frat day when i got my bike the rpm meter used to stall on 3 mark. When asked from the guy is it ok he said big yes and said if u turn the ignition on the meter will come to zero... However later on i discovered that there is manufacturing defect in my bike regarding the electricians...

Now lets talk abt the service centre... I get my serviced at gurgaon haryana and when u get ur bike after getting serviced u will find that the bike is not even washed properly... Whatever problems i stated to the supervisor, he made them oneliner because there was not much space on the job card...

When i got my second service done, bike ws performing poor... The pick up had done down drastically and engine started making a lot of noise... Not even a single prob was sorted out... On top of it there was a leakage from the head... When discussed this with the supervisor, he turned his back and walked off...

There are so many worst experiences i have faced with hero honda...

A  26th of Sep, 2007 by
HI i have bought an cbz Xtreme MH12dx3979 on17/03/07 from that very first day i had problem of the gear for that i had sent it to the service center on6thjuly after that on27 th july but the problem was not yet done my last check up was done on13th August 07 my chassis no is :07bmc14835 I'm not satisfied with that piece so if u people will do something to it as early as possible otherwise i had to launch an complain against the company in Comsumer Forum so see to it this matter as early as possible.
D  6th of Oct, 2007 by
service is very poor.pashupati service centre cheates me,they extend the bill uselessly.they gave me estemate of rs 500 &make bill of rs 4000.then also i am not satisfied.i get that defect in the bike when i took from service centre which was not present earlier.when i gave my bike to them that was ok and after getting bike from them i found a big defect in it.when i told him staff&servent which clean the bike &manager told me that theywill not make perfect and i can go to anyone.i abuse that pashupati service centre which is located in davali,new delhi will go in loss.
D  7th of Oct, 2007 by
i wish pashupati motors service centre must go in loss
A  17th of Nov, 2007 by

N  22nd of Nov, 2007 by
Reference to my earlier complaint of 1st November, 2007, your zonal office representative Sh. Mahajan had attended it. Thereafter, the bike was given in the Workshop for resolving the issue. The bike was after some R & D, given to me and a letter was got signed by me that it is procedure to do it saying that the vehicle working satisfactorily without my riding and running the required KMs. I was told that there would not be any problem now, and it would be roused by running 3-400 kms. I observed that from the engine head oil is leaking from the stud after this R&D. Noise still exists. Changing of gear is very hard.

I am extremely sorry to put on record that I am not at all SATISFIED by the bike as well as your people. I am taking a last chance to bring this fact to your notice and thereafter I shall have no other alternative but to go to public media as well as grievance handling Court to resolve this issue as your tall talks could not satisfied me.

Now this is my last request to earnestly get me REPLACED THE BIKE and release me from this every day mental toucher.
D  4th of Jan, 2008 by
I have hero honda spl + reg nc DL5SE 2869 IAM NOT SETISFY WITH SERVICE
D  4th of Jan, 2008 by
I have hero honda spl + reg nc DL5SE 2869 my mob. no. 9891318969

fault :- engine noisy

i am not setisfied your service & your service centre service centre name aman motor jhilmil. ph. 9910880280 pls. take action on behalf of my comp.

otherwise i go in consumer court.

thanks & regard

ravi kant
D  8th of Jan, 2008 by
The Manager,
Hero Honda,
New Delhi

Sub: To change my bike shocker.

With due respect I beg to say that This Sandeep Pokhriyal have purchased Hero Honda CBZ X-Treme from Himgiri automobile at Krishna Nagar on 2nd Feb 2007. My bike met with an accident before two month ago and its shocker got damaged. When I went to service center to repair it then they told me that it won’t repair, it will be replaced, but for that you need to go for claim. At the time of purchasing,they gave me the warranty of one year. Even I accepted this and when I went to replaced it they took my bike for a whole week changed some parts without changed the shocker whom for I was claimed .Now they are saying that it won’t replaced with warranty you need to change it without warranty. But still my bike is in warranty. I have got only four services till today. Now say! Is it my fault to purchase Hero Honda bike?

It’s also informed you that I used the services for my bike from R.K Automobiles at Jhil-mil.

I therefore request you to do needful for that. For your kindness I will always be obliged to you.

Mr. Sandeep Pokhriyal
Mb – 9871502887
N  17th of Jan, 2008 by
I agree that the behavior of employees and service of bikes is very poor. Even after first three services they didn't even checked my CBZ-X battery water level.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND Hero honda service centers at all even if it voids my bikes warranty, i recommend newly opened castrol service centers (or your prefered local bike service shops). they thoroughly check your vehicle and their customer satisfaction rate is above average.
What i do is regularly service my bike at castrol service center and also get it serviced at HH service center. We all know that at HH center they just change the engine oil (god knows) and wash the bike (sometimes if they have time).
So following this routine, my bike is still in excellent condition (after 16,000KM in 10 months).
N  5th of Jul, 2008 by
Dear Sir,
I own a cbz extreme bike(model 2007).The problem with the bike is that the engine is stalled and is turning off in the rainy seasons, which could have caused a mojor acident as it today turned off today morning.I have repeatedly told the dealer (Charisma goldwhwwls)in chandigarh at every service they did.But they didnt solved the problem while also assuring me that this time problem have been solved. I am fed up If today i had an accident, then whose responsbility would be it.I need an answer.
If this problem is not rectified soon then i would file a case against
you.By the i also planned to buy a bike for my brother, But i think i should change my mind.
N  4th of Jun, 2010 by
Dear Sir,
Complaint regarding Hero honda CBZ X-Treme i bought it on july 2008 from Aishwarya Auto Mobile Neharu Nager Bhilai (ChhattishGadh), after two month i got oil leakage problem from engine where as my claimed has been full filed by the company, but now my bike has been run around 20000km and again it is getting "Ring problem" in engine, it is smoking by silencer and engine oil getting dry...how defected engine throw into the market to banish your reputation, now what should i do to claim my bike...if i get positive response by your side on behalf of your company then kindly do my favor soon ...other wise i would move for consumer forum this time for further action cause defected pic is delivered me by the company.
with Regard