HDFC Bank Limited / car theft and bank hassles
I had bought my Tata Safari (Pearl White) (DL 3C BB 1638) in the 2nd week of May which got stolen from the designated parking lot in front of my house 10 days back..
It took me 4 days to get the FIR lodged. The police themselves has a very lacklustre attitude towards the entire exercise..
They dont think twice, when they say that "Bhai saab, yahan hur din itni gaadiyan chori hoti hai, aap kyu pareshan hote ho.. Jao baitho aa jaana 2 months baad, non traceable report le lena aur insurance claim ker lena".
Just want to mention here when someone buys a car he/she is emotionally attached to it. We from middle class family buy a car after lots of homework and all due diligence done on financial part..
Here I had taken car loan from HDFC Bank Limited who is again asking to pay a hefty foreclosure charges of 6%. As per them they are not concerned of what happened to vehicle but just concerned with the money. Even after telling them that it would be a forced fore-closure as I would not had for-closed it if been using the vehicle.
In this case the car is stolen and I am forced to closed it once get money from the insurance company and that too after a long wait of 3-4 month's time.
Even after the car is stolen, I honoured my EMI cheque and did not let it bounce.
Now my question is:
1. Why should I keep paying the monthly instalments when I am not using the product and have informed all the concerned authorities ie Police, Bank and Insurance Company?
2. If from the Day-1 the risk is covered by the Insurance company then why am I forced to clear my monthly instalments? Is not this the Consumer Rights Violation??
3. If it takes 4 months for the insurance compant to clear the money then why should I be held responsible to pay the interest amount till that time?? It should be the Insurance company's liability..
Please help and suggest me on this...
More HDFC Bank Limited Complaints & Reviews
- Smartpay, HDFC - deactivate facility 
- HDFC Home Loan - agreement fooling customers 
- HDFC Bank Ltd - releaving and full and final settlement of my providend fund and pending salary 
- HDFC Bank Personal Loan - delay in the processing 
- HDFC Bank Atm Debit Card - atm txn declined, money debited from sb nre a/c of hdfc bank 
- HDFC Bank - My account change to saving from salary account
- HDFC Bank - credit card 
- HDFC Bank - international bank transfer
- HDFC Bank Account - mobile number which I provided is entered incorrectly by employee, as a result I was not able to any transaction
- HDFC Bank - unauthorized credit card charges