HDFC bank / unmannered and abusive language of customer

1 India Review updated:

Re: HDFC Bank

Regret to say & feeling very bad that I had opted HDFC Bank Ltd. for credit card facility.

This is with reference to an invoice dated 19th Apr, 2007 against above credit card in my account. It shows a minimum due amount of Rs.2330/-. Because of some urgency with some personal matters, I couldn’t pay the minimum due amount & then I have planned to pay with late fee against the next invoice of HDFC Bank Ltd. for the month of May, 07.

On 21st May, 2007 at around 1622 hrs., I have received a call from your collection executive named Mr. Siddhartha from the telephone no. 011-[protected] asking for the minimum due payment on behalf of HDFC Bank Ltd. I have shown my helplessness & assured him to make the payment next month along with the late fee. Have shared below facts with him –

1) Since last 03 years, I am a HDFC Bank customer & using the card very regularly.
2) Making the payment regularly as shown in the invoices.
3) It has happened in the past also, that I have missed on the minimum due on certain occasions, but as I am fully aware of Bank’s terms & conditions, I have paid the amount very next month along with the late fee.
4) This due is only against last month’s invoice, not since last 4-5 months.

But, in his whole conversation, this gentleman was totally raw, ill mannered with very rough & abusive language.
The way he has dealt with myself, doesn’t give a good sign on HDFC part. If this person is one of the employees of HDFC name, I am afraid of HDFC’s future.

I have tried to speak to him to make him understand that though you are in collection department, but you cannot deal with every customer in the same way, can’t use bad language, can’t abuse so easily... but the vocabulary that he has shown very seemed to be much handy with him and sounded as “harami” ... ”haramzada”... ”teri aukat nahi hai”... ”kutte ki aulad” etc.. etc... (and so many other “bad sayings”, that I cannot write)

I want a responsible person to take a serious now, as your executives cannot speak like this…whatever they want to…whenever they want to…with whom so ever they want to…

With the lot of dis-appointment, waiting for a response on this message.

Comments

• Pr
      3rd of Jun, 2008

The same thing happend with me also brother with SBI credit card and all i had to do is write a letter to their head of dept and await for the response if u dont get proper response please escilate this issue to court, follow the correct procedure and your concern will be taken care by them or by court.

Regards,