Havertys Furniture / Hidden delivery fees 17% of purchase price

United States Review updated:

Do not shop at the Palm Harbor, FL store. The Manager is a rude, boor who bullies his personnel and customers. He could not be bothered to come out of his office regarding his insistence of charging $120 to deliver a sofa bed that we wished to have a professional p/u for us from the store. He said it was at his discretion whether to waive the hidden, mandatory fee. The fee is not printed anywhere on any materials. The purchase price of the item is $749 -- he essentially insists on 17% more money to sell the item to us. If this is how Havertys does business, they do not have stores, but rather, distribution points. The BBB will be on our list to inform of these unscrupulous, hidden fees which are at the discretion of a manager to apply or waive. Horrible management! Horrible store!
Va

Comments

He
  19th of Nov, 2008
There is no such thing as a 17% delivery fee; if you choose to pick up you furniture you willnot get charge delivery. it might be if you bought a special order item and you wanted to return it for a full refund you will be asked to pay a 15% restoking fee. other than that if its a normal order you will refunded 100% of your payment
Ep
  6th of May, 2016
I spent over an hour with a very good sales associate looking at recliners, after deciding on a recliner I was in the process of paying for the furniture, when I was told that the delivery charge would be $100.00. This completely changed my mind. I am a senior citizen and find that when a delivery charge is greater than 10% of the purchase price that it is unreasonable. Now if you research recliners, you soon realize that all or most furniture stores are carrying recliners by the same manufacturers. They are clearly all about the same. I decided not to purchase from Haverty's, and purchased almost an Identical recliner for $50.00 less from your competitor. There delivery price was $50.00. This was about 6.2% of the cost of the recliner. As a senior I cannot move this furniture or pickup this furniture at the store, so I decided to shop around. I felt bad for the sales associate, but I got the impression he did not have the discretion to reduce the delivery fee. I do have to purchase an additional chair, but it will not be from Haverty's.

Haverty Furniture Companies Logo Haverty Furniture Companies