Harley Davidson / lies and warranty

1 Lagrange, OH, United States Review updated:

I purchased a 2005 Road King Classic.(new) and at the same time I purchased the $1300.00 unlimited mileage, seven year, life of the loan, extended warranty, which I haven't used until now. Last weekend I noticed my clutch lever was getting harder to pull. It engaged and disengaged in the same place it always does. I decided to take it to Lake Erie Harley Davidson in Avon, Ohio. I explained the problem to them and told them, while they're at it, give it an oil change. A few hours later, they called my home and told me that the clutches were not slipping and they would remove and bead blast them and didn't see any other problems. I told them I wasn't concerned with the costs because the bike was still under the extended warranty. The following day I received yet another call and they informed me that the bike was ready to go. They also told me that the "warranty was voided" due to a reduced effort clutch kit that I had installed. And it was installed incorrectly, which voided the warranty. I went to CENTURY HARLEY DAVIDSON IN MEDINA, OHIO (where I purchased the bike) and asked them "what was a reduced effort clutch kit, since I didn't know what the hell it was, and asked them "why would I want one?" and "Who installed it?" We looked in the computer records and found no record of an installation of this device. They explained to me what it was. I asked them for a print out of my account of service done at their dealership. I then went to a Custom Builder and asked him how this thing works. He produced the kit for me to see and walked me thru how it operated. (this part only goes on ONE way) For one, the kit is NOT on my bike. (and was told it was installed wrong) The mechanic showed me that this device only installs ONE way, and work. There is no such thing as installing this device incorrectly. The clutch system will not work. I called LAKE ERIE HARLEY DAVIDSON and called them a damn liar. The device was NEVER put on my bike, and if it had been. It wouldve impossible to pull it off the lot since they said it was installed incorrectly. Now they aren't wanting to honor my warranty (which is UNLIMITED) because of a device that I NEVER HAD INSTALLED but they say I did. There are no records anywhere of this being installed on my bike. The total costs of everything they did are almost $600 and I AM NOT PAYING IT...Harley Davidson and I will be meeting in Court. May the best man win.. :)

Je

Comments

• Ro
      20th of Sep, 2010
    Harley Davidson - Bad electronic headset
    Harley Davidson
    430 Glorieta N.E.
    Albuquerque
    New Mexico
    Phone: 505-22-9632

I bought a new 08 Ultra Classic in 25 months I have gone thru 5 sets of head sets. After the 2 year factory warrenty is over they want a $50.00 copayment. Any money I use for headsets will not go to H.D. These cheep ($189.00) headsets are crap. H.D. is trying real hard to get me out of there store. A 22, 000.00 + motorcycle that is too hot to ride in town. Cheap headsets that are made to break. After the 2 year factory warrenty is over, the dealer wants me to buy a new M.C. or go away .Its all about all about getting my money. There are other M.C. brands and there and some I do like.

• Da
      25th of Mar, 2012
    Harley Davidson - Repair to honda atv
    pairs harley-davidson handa
    pairs texas, Texas

I took my 2003 Honda rencon to have 1 rear axle replaced, the front end repair and to see why the motor would not gain max. r.p.m. I was told it would take $ 7, 000.00 to fix it. $2700.00 just to fix the front end.I was told the motor needs to be complete redone.They gave me a list of prats two pages long.They had no clue what was wrong with my atv. So they were going to replace everything fixed all prob.for less then $1000.00. This place is a joke. Danny K., master mechanic city of Bonham, Texas. P.S. I am going to buy a side by side, but it will not be a Honda!!!

• M0
      3rd of Jan, 2017

Horrible Dealership, tried to overcharge me for my new bike got it for $2, 000 less at Hale's. Rude and don't care about their customer service... Return POLICY is horrible, but was told it’s the Harley Policy... Failed to say it's their choosing to refuse returns from out-of-state Harley Davidson Dealership. The shirt just needed exchanged for a bigger size had tags and receipts and they refused... Don't go... Go to Mad River, Hale's... Hell anywhere but here. Oh and took on of our Bikes here for repair and they charged a fee to say there's nothing wrong with it and had to take it to private business for the charging problem that Harley stated was fine, but charged me anyway.. RIP OFF...