Handyman Club of America / over zealous billing!

OH, United States Review updated:
4.3
My Paid subscription is good until 4/09/08. Yet I have received no less than four prior invoices that started coming in as early as December "07" indicating that a payment was due. Today 3/14/08 I received a bill stating that my payment is now overdue. If I make my payment now I can avoid suspension. They claim you need to pay early so that you can continue service without disruption. (Here is what really happens:)
I ran into the same billing blitz last year when my paid subscription was good thru 4/21/07. I paid a little early on 4/09/07 and lost subscription time by doing so. What little enjoyment I get from the magazine is lost with the battle of the aggressive invoicing. I will be calling the 800 number on Monday.

Comments

Ja
  25th of Jan, 2010
I have to agree with the above complaints...except they send me very expensive books that they expect me to pay $30 each. The books don't have any information that you can't get free at Home Depot. I didn't ask for the books. Am now receiving threatening letters. This is definately a scam outfit, and I intend to tell the bookstores that carry their magazine.

Jack Hart, Jacksonville, FL