Hampton Inn - Boston, MA / Their 100% guarantee is a lie!

I booked a reservation with what I thought was the Hampton Inn in Cambridge, only to be automatically booked in another Hasmpton when all the rooms were full (I must mention that this was done from a sneaky website called "PLACESTOSTAY.COM" - don't EVER go through those guys!!!). Anyway, when we got to the hotel we first noticed this wasn't Cambridge, then we got a room with one bed and smoking, i had requested two beds, non-smoking bec. I am allergic to smoke and traveling with my husband and teen daughter so i needed two beds. There was a huge convention in town so all hotels were totally sold out including this one. When we went to complain to front desk we were told there was nothing they could do since it was sold out. We managed to go back upstairs (mind you it was 4:00 a.m. when we got there due to flight delays) hoping to get a little sleep even with one bed until we could sort this out in the morning. As soon as my daughter hit the bed, she immediately broke out in hives and welts ALL over her body!!! We all freaked and jumped out of bed and went back downstairs to tell them and show the girl we were checking out due to this horror. the girl at the desk apologized and said we should talk to the front office manager and gave us his card. they also had a HUGE display on the counter saying that they have a 100% guarantee and "IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY, YOU DON'T PAY !!". Well i have tried contacting the front office manager several times and he is ignoring my emails. I will not stop until I get all my money back!!! (This was a pre-paid reservation).

D  27th of Feb, 2008 by
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you. When you pay a DISCOUNTED rate with a middle-man service, you make certain sacrifices. If you can't make those sacrifices, then book normally.

Only having a room is guaranteed, not the type of room. Hotels will obviously give preference to those paying a HIGHER rate. And how could they help you if they have no more rooms? I see people say this kinda stuff all the time.. "Can't you just put me in another room? You've got to have something left" ..but NO, they don't. Sold out means sold out.

Next time, save your daughter from that horror by booking your room normally and you will see a different service from the hotel.
D  7th of Jun, 2008 by
I disagree as well. As a hotel manager myself the best way to ensure a accurate reservation is to book online throught the hotels website or contacting them directly.
When you book on a 3 rd party website your reservation is not always gtd a specific room type just a room. That's because 3rd site are just searching for their commission not your sadisfication.
D  20th of Apr, 2009 by
I disagree with your post as well. I agree with the above posters.

Hilton Worldwide / Hampton Inn Logo Hilton Worldwide / Hampton Inn