Half.com / buyer protection policy is a joke

Back in August I filed a buyer protection claim due to having received the wrong edition of a textbook I ordered for a college class. I waited, and waited, and waited, and after several attempts to reach them via email, someone from Half.com finally sent me an email, stating how pleased they were with my feedback rating, how sorry they were for my troubles with this transaction, blah, blah blah. I was told to return the book to the seller and get a delivery confirmation number, and send it back to him/her when the book was "confirmed" as received by the seller. So I did so. Several times. And it is now November 27 and I have NOT YET HEARD from anyone at Half.com regarding my claim or refund. I am very disappointed in how they have handled this and will never buy anything from Half.com again, due to this experience and knowledge that if anything goes wrong, they will not protect buyers. I should have used my credit card company to get my money back, but I followed the instructions provided at Half.com not to do so. BIG MISTAKE. This site appears to be the unwanted stepchild of eBay and should be shut down.

Comments

• Ca
      11th of Dec, 2010

I agree completely. I purchased a textbook as well but never received it. I went through the entire process that you described, received the same "form letter" response to the complaint, and to date, 120 days later, still have no book, no refund, and no response from half.com.

• Pu
      9th of Jun, 2011

I purchased a book using the CORRECT ISBN and was sent the WRONG edition, which has a completely DIFFERENT ISBN! When I complained to half.com they said I should return the book and get my money back. I have returned the book (AT MY EXPENSE) and I have NOT RECEIVED a refund. I am out the money I paid for the book & the money I spent returning the book. I can't even resell the book, because now the dishonest seller has my money & the book! DON'T PURCHASE FROM HALF.COM, because when one of their sellers cheats you, they do NOTHING!