H & R Block / no e-file

1 New Baltimore, MI, United States Review updated:

I Recently filed my taxes at H & R Block like I do every year. Well I had two W-2's this year. I had two because my company was bought out by another company, that company is in Canada. When she was doing my taxes, she said that I couldn't E-File because one of my W-2's was International. I accepted, not knowing otherwise. I went to work that same day to let everyone know that this would happen. Everyone else at my work did their taxes and processed through E-File. There is a certain number you type in for International addresses. GREAT! Now I get to sit and wait for 8 weeks to mail in my return and wait for them to process it. It has now been 4 weeks and every time I go to check my status online, they say "Sorry, your request could not be processed." I thought about calling to complain to my Tax preparer but what's the use? All they would say is sorry there is nothing I can do now. Awesome, I just wasted $280 filing when now I have to wait because the "TAX PROFESSIONALS" don't know how to file and international W-2. That's what grinds my gears, next year, H & R Block lost this customer.

Comments

• Su
      25th of Feb, 2010

Well you just got a bad preparer it doesn't mean that none of them know what they are talking about. You should call and tell them what happened with that particular preparer. Ask to speak with the office manager tell them you are not coming back next year unless something is done they may send you a coupon

• Km
      6th of Mar, 2010

By the way, it's H&R Block that does not allow the electronic filing of an international return, it's the IRS. And since you filed the return by mail H&R Block can't "track" it for you until the IRS posts it on their site.