Greyhound Bus / overcharge and poor customer service

Not only did Greyhound over charge my bank account for my ticket, they also had me on hold with customer service for over 20 minutes during peak calling hours. It is rude an unprofessional to treat customers the way that I was treated and I am sure that others have received the same or worse treatment. Greyhound needs to clean up its act before a company that has better customer service than them comes along...

Ni

Comments

Se
  18th of Dec, 2007

I also got issues against Greyhound Bus Services.I'm currently suing them for losing my lost luggage Feb 21st at Oklahoma City during a bus switch.They got the nerve to offer me a 250 dollars settlement.It was a insult to my intellegence,my items in my lost luggage are worth 2,000 dollars. I sued the bus com Feb 2007 at NYC Small Claims Court.I'm seeking 5,000 dollars of damages plus aggravation. I already told the Dallas Attorney General about the cooruption,crooked things Greyhound Management does to bus consumers like me.Forging fake signatures,poor customer services,bad management who has little regard of my situation.I boarded a bus Feb 20th from Las Vegas attending NBA Al Star Weekend.I returned to NYC mad and upset.

At
  3rd of Jan, 2008

I can sympthasize with you. This sounds pretty much like what happened to me. I purchased a bus ticket over the phone and they charged me 4 times! which made me over $ 300 negative in my bank account and then when i call them they were rude acted like it was my problem and didnt even try to fix it. they gave me the run around for 3 days calling them and my bank i think the total of hours on the CELLPHONE during peak hours was 5 so now im going to have a $200 cell phone bill. AND they only removed 2 of the 3 overcharges. they refused to remove the last overcharge and customer service actually hung up on me! I think greyhound should be shut down and they should go to prison for stealing peoples money. They are abusing peoples credit card information.

Ka
  19th of Jan, 2008

On Jan 5, 2008, i left memphis bus station without incident. I have a bad back and am bi-polar. Do not let my mental state cause you to take my comments likely. i arrived at the Nashville terminal where i had to off load my bag to later load them on the Cincinatti bus. well, one of the the youg ladies working the baggage area got nasty when i ask for information. when a servant of the public, you need to be more professional when dealing with the clients. there are many that speak badly of Nashville bus station because of the customer service.
then we had to off load and reload baggages at each stop. when i arrive to pittsburgh, i had to goo to the doctor for pain. not to mention the mental anquish that i suffered from Nashville. overall the customer service for Greyhound is very poor.
i know that some of the people that ride the bus live below the proverty and yet there are people like myself. but customer service apply no matter what the situation. the bus drivers are rude and abnoxious.

Ji
  25th of May, 2008

Hi, I also have had a horrible experience with Greyhound. After reading just how many people have had issues with Greyhound I've decided to do something to about it. I hope you will consider helping. Please visit the new Call to Action Against Greyhound website to learn more and share your experiences.

Ke
  17th of Jul, 2008

Greyhound customer service is ridiculous. I had purchased round trip tickets from Dallas to Austin. When I went to the ticket counter to pick up my tickets, I asked the lady there whether the tickets i was getting were one-way or round-trip. She told me that they were one-way tickets and that I would have to go pick up my tickets for the return trip in Austin. Unfortunately, she had no idea what she was talking about (what a surprise...). On my way back, I went to the ticket counter in Austin and they told me that I had already picked up my tickets and that the tickets I had picked up were round trip tickets. At that point, I had no idea where, what I had thought were, my ticket stubs have gone. They told me that they can't do anything and that I would have to take it on with the station in Dallas about it. As a result, I had to buy more, one-way tickets from Austin to Dallas. When I got back to Dallas, there was no one there to help me. "Customer Service" must've been on a 2 hour dinner break and made no attempt to help me at all. I went back and now I am calling the headquarters. So far, I have made 4 calls. On the first one, they told me that they will call me back in 4 weeks when they process the information. That obviously did not leave me content. On the remaining three tries, I have been transfered, not to their supervisor, but to their supervisor's voicemail. I have left messages 3 times and they have failed to call me back once. I am still continuing to call. This is ridiculous. NEVER RIDE GREYHOUND. Unless you want to be treated like dirt, NEVER

Er
  4th of Dec, 2008

Traveling from Philadelphia to Cleaveland Ohio, the bus that left Philadelphia on Sunday November 30, 2008 I got of the bus at a stop near pittsburg, I ask the driver if I could leave my bags in the bus thinking I was going to board the bus again but, the Bus left taking my most valuable possecions, I am a student at Cleaveland Institute of Art struggleling to make it and my computer along with other important things were on the bus, I being giving the run around and there is no anwser to where is my lugage and computer are

What do I need to do to find my valuable possecions

please call my mother at 215-634-3180 she will get intouch with me

Lost a beigh back pack
and carry on Dark Blue bag with light blue pocket in front.

Ir
  4th of Dec, 2008

On Sunday Nov. 30 2008 my son Eric boarded a bus at the greyhound terminal on 11th and filbert st in philadelphia, he got on the line #9 with a destination to Cleaveland Ohio, returning to college after our thanksgiving. The bus he was on made a stop, and my son asked the driver if he could leave his Beigh back pack which had a computer, a dark blue bag with a light blue pocket in the front and a grey lunch bag. the bus took off leaving my son behing he did not know what to do. I am a parent working two jobs trying to affort my son college, he lost a computer that I purchase with my life saving money for it took me almost ten years to save. I am begging any one who find it to please returning it, unfurnally the bags were not tag with his name, but I am hoping that there are still good people in this earth and it will be returned, I have not been able to sleep and I cry all the time. It was so hard for me to give him this computer and take a loan so he can attend CIA at cleaveland ohio.

If any one had found the computer which is an apple and his carryon please, please I inplore you to see it in your heart and return it to is owner all his school work is in there.

Ms
  2nd of Jan, 2009

My son, who is in the Army, traveled home for Christmas. They lost his luggage in Dallas. For the entire two weeks that he has been home, we have got nothing but the runaround about his luggage. Also, when he boarded the bus, he was told he couldn't take his backpack on and was charge an extra $10 to check it. He later found out they had lied to him about being able to carry on his backpack. He goes back today, with nothing but what we have bought him since he's been home. It's sad they they lost a duffle bag with his name stenciled on it and seem to be doing nothing to find it. He knows where it was last seen and I don't believe they are really looking for it. How can bags with tags with the destination on it be lost for so long. Their tracing system is an absolute joke! I agree with everyone else that they are pathetic and a wholly rude group of people from the top down. I've left two messages with so called supervisors and they have yet to call me back. Next time he comes home, I will pay the difference for him to fly! They know how to treat their military passengers.

Cm
  15th of Feb, 2009

well guys i'm actually a ticket agent at greyhound lines and believe it or not i'm actually the best, polite, and courteous agent in my whole terminal. I do witness sometimes my co-workers are really...i mean really nasty to the customers. I actually want to apolygize to everyone who is posting comments about their horrible experience with this company just because greyhound dosen't hire the right people to get the job down and make the customers happy. I do strive to atleast make the difference and make my customers happy...but since i'm one person i try my best evryday to make the customers smile even though the other agents are filled with negative enery. I'M SORRY GUYS!!!

An
  30th of Mar, 2009

It seems like most of these complaints are coming out of Dallas, TX. I also have a major whopping complain with, not only Dallas, but the customer service rep I bought a ticket from over the phone. The latter was obviously the result of greyhound's "brilliant" outsourcing strategy for customer service. The guy could barely speak English, and I could barely understand him. I tried to work with him and repeat things back that he told me and ask him to repeat back information as well. He got nasty with me and acted like I was crazy and he knew exactly what he was doing. Lo and behold, he screwed up the ticket. He put the ticket in my name instead of the person's name I bought the ticket for...this, after I repeatedly made clear that the ticket was not for me and spelled this person's name out for him three times. Well, obviously my friend had problems picking up his ticket in Dallas (to travel to Louisville). He gave them the correct confirmation number and password, they printed out the ticket, and wouldn't give him the ticket once they realized the names didn't match up. He ended up sleeping in the bus station all night...I felt so bad for him. Anyway, he contacted me about the problem and told me that they were saying at the Dallas terminal that I had to call them to confirm the ticket was for him. They did not answer their phone once there, however. I called repeatedly for hours, and there wasn't even an automated service to get me to an agent. My friend said that he sat there and watched lazy employees who were not busy at all ignore the phone as it rang and rang and rang. So I called the people at customer service (where I bought the ticket). I won't repeat every detail here and bore you all, but they basically bounced me back and forth for hours. I was on hold sometimes as long as 50 minutes with each phone call as I called around between the unhelpful customer service reps in India, the equally unhelpful service reps at the Dallas corporate headquarters, and repeatedly had my calls ignored at the Dallas terminal. Finally after hours and hours of this and finally demanding that a lady fix this problem, I got somewhere. She tried to blow me off as well, but I went off on her stating that Greyhound made these mistakes and Greyhound needs to fix them...NOW. I was on hold forever (of course), but she finally got ahold of a manager and faxed over some information to get a "customer service ticket" issued at the terminal. After a few more annoying bureaucratic problems for my friend at the terminal, they finally got their "stuff" together enough to finally give him the ticket I paid for with my hard-earned money. They offered no apology. They did not offer to compensate us for our troubles in any way. Only the last lady I dealt with tried to help me, bless her heart, but only did so after I got sore of severe and hateful with her. I hated to do it. I'm getting the impression that Greyhound must intentionally train their employees to be this terrible towards customers. Either that or there is a major problem in the culture of that company. With all the people desperate for jobs right now, Greyhound would do well to fire nearly all of their employees and hire some people who actually WANT to work. The economy is too bad right now to let these rude, lazy employees off the hook. There are too many other good people to choose from in the job market. If it IS Greyhound as a corporation that is the problem, I really encourage another bus company to rise up and offer some healthy competition in that area. If they put a little more thought into their customer service, they might just steal all of Greyhound's customers.

Sh
  2nd of Jun, 2009

i have also been treated very poorly by greyhound. i will never ride that bus line again. i had my 5 year old daughter with me . and almost every station i went to had many nasty attituded employees. they made me wait an exta 6 hours in kansas city with a 5 yr old little girl at 4 am. then almost every ticket stub ripper was rude and very mouthy. if i had a question they also got snotty. i think we all need to try to something about this. i dont think it is right to spend 300 dollars for 2 tickets and have them make your little girl cry cause they yell at there dad when they ask if thats the right bus or what time the bus arrives...i still have to take the bus back...im dreading it. i dont think that is the way it is supposed to be am i correct? please tell me where and how to do something about this cause calling a supervisor appearently doesnt do a thing

Ch
  9th of Jun, 2009

I just purchased tickets at the Greyhound in New York to take a trip to Florida now I am regretting the whole trip. The tickets were completely wrong. I had to pay a $15.00 dollar fee to have them changed when there employee screwed up big time. The customer service is the worst especially CARMELA a total B---- she was horrible, rude and nasty how can she still have her job. She was very disrespectful to every customer who needed help. Let's see how the bus trip goes with my 6 year old daughter. The planned trip so far has been the worst and the supervisors don't care. We should do something like contact the CEO. so that something is done. Then people dying on the bus WOW what a sacry thought. I will be traveling for a day and a half with no sleep, worried if my neighbor is sane and not some mental case killer which makes me rethink this whole trip.

Th
  12th of Jun, 2009

Es
  1st of Jul, 2009

On june 2nd 2009 inquired about price to travel to Columbia MO FROM houston TX. A Greyhound Rep. advised me over the phone about booking right away and getting a companion discount as my SON is travelling with me. HE EVEN asked me to spell out our names several times.His name was Henry #1506434. He charged my account trip for two 2 $264.00 When I got to the bus station on 6/10 they had only one ticket in my name and none for my son.They told me the bus has only one more space. T HEY SAID THE NEXT BUS WAS LEAVING AT 9.45 PM THAT NIGHT. I WAS THERE 1HR BEFORE DEPATURE BUT THE BUS WAS FULL THEY CLAIMED. I PURCHASED A WHOLE New ticket for me and my son paying another extra $264.00 plus $15.00 plus the original $264.00 that was charged over the phone for my round trip all totalling $543.00 . We got to Columbia@12.30amon 6/12 never got enough rest to go to MU FOR RECRUITMENT FOOTBALL TESTING. Our trip coming back to Houston was the greatest nightmare.THE BUS BROKE DOWN 41 MILES TO KC. The bus stopped in a very dangerous area 41miles we waited for 2hrs before a relief came. GREHOUND NEED TO REALIZE THAT MORE ELITE AND CLASSY PEOPLE are riding greyhound these days and learn to treat them with respect. There a lot of rude people that work for this bus company. I want my $279.00 refunded immediately.The trip was miserable. The only good news is a very nice Manager at KC Mr. Al Colark. PLEASE RECOGNISE THIS MAN. gIVE HIM A RAISE.He treated us and everybody ellse with respect Please keep him the only nice person so far.THE REST ARE VERY RUDE TO YOUR CUSTOMERS.

Au
  22nd of Jul, 2009

I am convinced that there is no such thing as the customer service center. I was on hold for two hours and eighteen minutes yesterday, only to be disconnected by THEIR system. I have called back at least 35 times, and keep being transferred to a mailbox. I tried calling the scheduling line, and they would not transfer me to someone who could help. In fact, they actually HUNG UP on me!! I will never, ever travel with them again. (By the way, all this doesn't even begin to address the original reason I called, which is another horrible story.)

On
  7th of Oct, 2009

Atlanta to New York / New York to Atlanta $90...Non-Stop (12hrs)...Any other Destination receive 10%-20% off the competitors rate. Reserve Your Next Trip at onewayexpresss.com

In
  6th of Nov, 2009

I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A PROBLEM WITH GREYHOUND AND WITH THE WAY THIS PERSON CALLED "THEIR REPRESENTATIVE" LEFT A MESSAGE AFTER THIS LADY AND THIS IS WHAT THIS RUDE B--CH WROTE:

"Christina needs a F****** life you are a damn fool. Trying to make it seem like greyhound service to you was horrible you came in there acting like you don't have any sense with you six year old daughter. So called nurse. How can a nurse act so abnoxious and GHETTO. It seem like the person who was sick in the head was You Christina you need to see yourself as a patient. But anyway We were glad your fat ### got on the bus and didnt crash with you six yr old hoochie mama. And by the way next time you make a complaint against anyone be logical and know what you are talking about. Because you would end up looking as the BIG GHETTO FOOL TRICK. you was probably mad that Carmela has a job and you probably just got laid off thats why you were so upset."

HIDE BEHIND YOUR NAME BECAUSE IF YOU ARE A REPRESENTATIVE OF GREYHOUND OR WHATEVER THE F--K YOU CALL YOURSELF...YOU NEED TO BE FIRED. I DON'T CARE WHAT SOMEONE SAYS, YOU WORK FOR THAT CO. YOU DON'T TALK TO PEOPLE LIKE THAT AND CALL SOMEONE'S CHILD NAMES!!! EVERY STATION I'VE EVER BEEN TOO MOST OF YOU MOTHER F--KERS ARE RUDE ### LAZY-### PIECES OF ###!!! IF YOU LISTEN EVEN ONE OF GREYHOUNDS EMPLOYEES EVEN WROTE AND TALKED SH-T ABOUT HIS OWN CO-WORKER AND HOW RUDE THEY ARE! THAT'S BAD IN MY EYE'S. YOU PEOPLE RIP PEOPLE OFF, PROBABLY POCKET THE MONEY FOR YOURSELVES, YOUR STATIONS ARE DIRTY AS SH-T, BUMS WALKING AROUND ALL OVER BUGGING PEOPLE. CRAP I CAN GO ON AND ON FOR EVER! COME TO MY TOWN B--CH AND TALK TO ME LIKE THAT AFTER YOU GET TALKING LESSONS!!!

Ya
  24th of Nov, 2009

CARMELA was very very very RUDE to me yesterday in the NY station !!! I was talking to her and told her that I didn't receive my tickets online because of a problem in their system, and suddenly she threw the papers on my face and told me to move away and that she didn't want to help me anymore !!! I told her give me your name, because I'm going to make a complain, and guess what she said, HERE IS MY NAME, IF YOU CAN'T READ IT I'LL SPELL IT TO YOU !!!

HOW RUDE IS THAT !! doesn't she hear herself !!! If someone told her that isn't she going to feel disrespected !!! ... she is unprofessional, and its weird that she's still working there !!!

In
  25th of Nov, 2009

I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS "CARMELA" IS STILL WORKING FOR GREYHOUND!!! THAT MAKES GREYHOUND LOOK REALLY BAD!!! WELL WAIT A MINUTE...SORRY THEY ALREADY LOOK BAD, THIS JUST MAKES THEM LOOK WORSE!! IF SOMEONE TALKED TO ME THAT WAY AND ESSPECIALLY IF MY CHILD WAS THERE, THEY WOULD REGRET IT AND I WOULD HAVE NOT LEFT THAT PLACE WITH OUT LETTING EVERYONE KNOW WHO SHE WAS, WHAT SHE HAD DONE AND AND HOW HER ATTITUDE WAS!! THEN I WOULD OF MADE SURE SHE WOULD OF BEEN LEAVING HER JOB BEFORE I LEFT THE BUILDING!! I DON'T F**K AROUND WHEN IT COMES TO PEOPLE TREATING PEOPLE LIKE S**T THAT THEY DON'T KNOW AND WHEN THEY ARE ONE THE JOB!! THIS LADY NEEDS TO BE FIRED AND SHE DOES NOT DESERVE HER JOB, SHE DESERVES TO BE PUT IN A CAGE BECAUSE IT SOUND LIKE SHE ACTS LIKE AN ANIMAL! IF YOU WAKE-UP IN A BAD MOOD OR YOU ARE PISSED-OFF ABOUT SOMETHING OR SOMEONE YOU DON'T TAKE IT OUT ON INNOCENT PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW AND DON'T KNOW YOU! YOU CHOOSE THAT LINE OF WORK TO SERVE THE PUBLIC, IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE YOUR JOB AND BE A DECENT HUMAN BEING AND TREAT PEOPLE RIGHT THEN GET THE F**K ON!! PEOPLE NEED TO GET THIS LADY FIRED!!

Sp
  22nd of Dec, 2009

I am grateful to my son for buying me the Greyhound bus ticket as a gift, and he cannot afford Amtrak or plane ticket and neither can I. I also LOVE Greyhound, but the Customer Service people need to be KINDER to SPECIAL NEEDS customers. There is the Americans With Disabilities Act!
Also if we could carry our "special handling" baggage, we would!
We do NOT like being treated like "A BOTHER".
Thanks. I do like riding Greyhound. I do NOT want the workers fired.
I am only asking them to do their jobs and to at least TRY TO BE POLITE and respectful of ALL of their customers.