Great Fun / credit card billed after canceling!

Nashville, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-488-9480

I spent 3 hours going round after round with these jerks last week trying to get a "membership" canceled and my credit card credited. I had been paying for the "service" for 4 months. I didn't notice the charges until I received my March CC statement. This company is a band of out-and-out thieves and they don't care. But after all the grief, aggravation, being hung up on and cut off, they had the audacity to send me a membership card and and member number. You have to read ALL the fine print on the back to find out it's a trial membership for 30 days and if I don't cancel during the 30-day trial period, my CC will be billed monthly. Had I not gone through all I did last week and the, GREAT FUN! logo showing through the address window, I probably would have tossed the envelope without opening it. Right back to square one. These clowns have more balls than God. I want o emphasize, I DID NOT give my credit card number to these A$$hole$; they got it from a 3rd party, Avon. Be extremely cautious even when dealing with a reputable company.

There is a website to go to, www.greatfunsite.com to cancel again. But I'm afraid to go there. If you see Great Fun or Trilegiant, the only key you want to hit is the "X" in the top right corner. If you receive anything in the mail, open it immediately, cancel it and don't bend over until you get your next CC statement.

Buyer Beware.
Bo

Comments

Pm
  18th of Feb, 2010
Feb 18, 2010 I am presently trying to stop this 14.99 charge. Not sure when it started. We actually went ahead and contacted them for a trip to ARZ from Tx. They messed up our room reservations twice, first in wrong town and second wrong size room. NO help at all. I had rechecked reservations is how I found out before we got there. Then even after canceling room and saying we will just do it ourself, tried to pressure to keep on buying another service. I even told person I can only handel one problem at a time. Also not told till after you give your card info, if it is Debit that the amount will be tottally held against card even if you cancel, for many days. I big mess and a bad start for our vacation. Looks like a very bad run business out to trick persons every way they can. Im so glad I found this to tell MY STORY> BEWARE< CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT!
Patsy Muse Fort Worth TX
El
  8th of Dec, 2010
Please contact Freed & Weiss right away!
Hope this helps!
Best,
Elizabeth

Class action information follows.

Trilegiant Scam: HELP STOP IT!

Trilegiant is behind more consumer abuse. Take action and contact Freed & Weiss - info @ freedweiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or call, toll free 866.779.9610

Here's more information:

Customers of websites like 1-800-Flowers.com, Travelocity, Shutterfly, and Orbitz are reporting mysterious monthly reoccurring charges to their credit cards.

Thanks to marketing tactics (i.e., those pop-up windows) used during check out, without proper consent consumers are accidentally joining club memberships and having to pay for them monthly!

Most people don't even realize they are being charged every month for a service they never ordered!

Is this happening to you? Have you made a purchase for travel, work, or fun using any of the following sites:

1-800-Flowers.com,
Redcats USA
Pizza Hut
Movie Tickets.com
GMAC Mortgage

Join this cause to learn more and stop the consumer abuse from Trilegiant.

AND PLEASE CONTACT FREED & WEISS IMMEDIATELY if you - or anyone you know - has reoccurring charges after purchasing from any of these companies.

Contact Freed & Weiss by emailing: info @ FreedWeiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or calling: (312) 220 - 0000, or toll free (866) 779 - 9610

Help Spread the Word to Your Friends!

What should I look for? Mysterious charges involving the business practice of Trilegiant/Affinion and Verture include the following membership programs:

LiveWell,
IdentitySecure,
CardCops,
PC SafetyPlus,
and Hot-Line

Banks issuing the credit cards and processing unauthorized charges on your account include: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Chase, Bank of America, US Bank.

CHARGES WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CREDIT CARD BILLS WITH CRYPTIC DESCRIPTIONS SUCH AS: TLG*LIVWEL15130916JUL 800-7932318 CT."

What can I do?

Contact us immediately, if you or someone you know has been charged mysterious monthly recurring fees after making purchased as any of the online companies.

Read More: http://bit.ly/eLGQTh