Having problems with Great Fun?

6 High Ridge Park
SunClosed
Mail Address
P.O. Box 41248, Nashville, TN 37204-1248

Complaints & Reviews

Great Fununautorized charges to my credit card

Discovered that this company had been charging my credit card for months. I didn't notice as I have many charges on my card each month (usually one hundred or more). Finally, noticed it on my bill. They made it very hard to get in touch with anyone. I called them on the number on the charge, and got the run around. Since I had never received any of the benefits or materials from them, I did not know my membership number, user name or password. Finally got enough information to speak to a live person. I told her I wanted to cancel immediately and wanted a complete refund, and that I had never received anything and had never signed up for anything. In response I got a sales pitch about all the wonderful things I was missing. When I became insistent, she finally promise to cancel my membership, and then had the unmitigated gall to launch into another sales pitch about another membership for something or other. When I insisted she stop, she finally gave me a cancellation number, but did it so quickly, I really didn't catch it. How can these companies continue to be in business, when the only business they are in is ripping people off, and fraudulently charging consumer's credit cards.

• El
      elizabettys Dec 09, 2010

Take action NOW. Please contact Freed & Weiss.
      Your story helps end the scam. Please share it with Freed & Weiss.

Hope this helps!
      Best,
      ELizabeth

CLASS ACTION INFORMATION FOLLOWS:
      Trilegiant Scam: HELP STOP IT!

Trilegiant is behind more consumer abuse. Take action and contact Freed & Weiss - info @ freedweiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or call, toll free 866.779.9610

Here's more information:

Customers of websites like 1-800-Flowers.com, Travelocity, Shutterfly, and Orbitz are reporting mysterious monthly reoccurring charges to their credit cards.

Thanks to marketing tactics (i.e., those pop-up windows) used during check out, without proper consent consumers are accidentally joining club memberships and having to pay for them monthly!

Most people don't even realize they are being charged every month for a service they never ordered!

Is this happening to you? Have you made a purchase for travel, work, or fun using any of the following sites:

1-800-Flowers.com,
      Redcats USA
      Pizza Hut
      Movie Tickets.com
      GMAC Mortgage

Join this cause to learn more and stop the consumer abuse from Trilegiant.

AND PLEASE CONTACT FREED & WEISS IMMEDIATELY if you - or anyone you know - has reoccurring charges after purchasing from any of these companies.

Contact Freed & Weiss by emailing: info @ FreedWeiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or calling: [protected], or toll free [protected]

Help Spread the Word to Your Friends!

What should I look for? Mysterious charges involving the business practice of Trilegiant/Affinion and Verture include the following membership programs:

LiveWell,
      IdentitySecure,
      CardCops,
      PC SafetyPlus,
      and Hot-Line

Banks issuing the credit cards and processing unauthorized charges on your account include: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Chase, Bank of America, US Bank.

CHARGES WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CREDIT CARD BILLS WITH CRYPTIC DESCRIPTIONS SUCH AS: TLG*LIVWEL15130916JUL [protected] CT."

What can I do?

Contact Freed & Weiss immediately, if you or someone you know has been charged mysterious monthly recurring fees after making purchased as any of the online companies.

Tlg Great Fun/fandangounauthorized/ &secret& charges

I, too, got scammed on the fandango web site by tlg great fun... and I read those things fairly carefully! I have only been on fandago to buy my parents a gift card for movies... I am told I clicked to be part of a "discount club" to save money on "blah, bblah, blah..." no thanks! they have given me a cancellation number and removed me from the "club," but it worries me that they ahve access to charge my account like that. this was the first time and I was just lucky I was looking at something on my account today. "great fun" indeed! — what a scam!

Tlg Cool Extras Great Fun And Just Tlg Companytaking money from my child suport card

this company is taking money off my childsupport card without reason they r taking it from my child i want my money back thank you

• Va
          VANESSA Sep 16, 2008

I JUST CHECKED MY BANK STATEMENT AND REALIZED TLG HAS TAKEN $12.00 OUT OF MY ACCOUNT UNAUTHORIZED! IM FUMING! THIS IS THE 2ND TIME IN 2 MONTHS A COMPANY HAS TAKEN MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY APPROVAL!
          NOW I CAN'T EVEN LOCATE THE SITE OR THE COMPANY TO DISCUSS A REFUND!

Cheryl Holmes May 09, 2009

TLG HAS BEEN TAKING MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT FOR MONTHS AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZED IT.

AND LIKE THE OTHER COMPLAINTS I CAN'T FIND OUT HOW TO STOP IT AND GET MY MONEY BACK

TLG Just for Me — unauthorized charge of $129.99 to chase card

I was charged $129.00 by TLG for a service called Just for Me. I called them and they said I had signed up...

Tlg Great Fundunauthorized charges

They stated that I signed up for some sort of discount and they were charging my credit card $11.99 for the last two months. I called [protected] and spoke to a rep and she stated they would go back the two months and credit my account. We will see if that will happen.

• Zm
            zmarash Sep 26, 2008

I am reading my e-mails, I see that my bank send me an e-mail saying that I was charge from this company, I did not authorize them, so How they can just help their selfs, on my checking account, why our bans don't protect us, whens they know this company is stilling peoples money, so how hgo I get this money back, any one can tell me?

An Angry man! Jun 18, 2011

They are a bunch of thieves, I purchased a ticket on March of 2009. I apparently entered my e-mail to get a dicount on the ticket purchased. And Since then they have been charging my credit card $11.99 for the past 26 months. We need to take this company to court. I am not sure whether price line is aware of this scam going on through their website. I never received any literature from them that I have signed up for some reward program. For 26 months i have no idea what kind reward I have accrued or what I was going to use that reward for. SERIOUSLY! great fun or whatever you name is you are a bunch of theives and I want my money back.

• K1
            K1r4 Mar 08, 2013

I am also being frauded by this company TLG Great Funds. They have been taking 16.99 from my account each month, and I have no Idea why, or how they got my account. I have just found out they have been doing it this month when I checked my monthly statement and did not recognize the withdrawal. So I looked up the company online to find out who they were, and I got a bunch of fraudlant reviews on the company. Have any of you guys gotten a full refund?

TLG Travel Advantage — unauthorized credit card charges

Charged 109.99 for membership to my credit card without authorization. Called, cancelled membership, and...

TLG Great Fun — unauthorized credit card charges

I purchased some shoes on SHOEBUY.com (will never happen again) and they gave my information including my...

TLG Great Funillegal sign up and cash withdrawal

This is such a scam. i called tlg great fun source([protected]) and asked them how did they get any authorization to create an account or debit my acct. I was told I automatically signed up through a purchase online. That was a lie too. I haven't purchased anything online in over six months but suddenly today 8/21/08...i see a pending withdrawal for 12.99...They said it would take 10-15 days for it to be credited back to my acct.

• To
              Tom & Betty Nov 07, 2008

This is TLG Great Fun... We just found out today that we were taken by this company for $36.00 out of our bank account. Here is a link to their information with the BBB of CT.

They need to be shut down! They have been scamming people under all kinds of names for years by sneaking in under "legitimate" websites and swiping your credit card info. to sign you up for crap that you don't know you are ordering and you never receive. We talked with "Nancy" an "Executive Supervisor" this evening and after our conversation are being reimbursed $108 in total for all of the charges they have helped themselves to from our bank account. They say that Tom clicked on box while on the Columbia House website. He did not do that, he certianly didn't give them his banking information or permission to take money from the account! They also say that they have been sending us travel cupons and a magazine for the past year, nothing has been received from them... ever. "Nancy" told us that we may have "mistaken it for junk mail" to which we responded that maybe they disguise it as junk mail so they won't be so easily discovered! As for a magazine, none has ever been delivered to us and as for "TLG Great Fun" we had never heard of them until they were noticed stealing money from our bank account today. We need to get together and find a good lawyer to take up a CLASS ACTION SUITE against these jerks and every internet site that gives/sells them our banking/credit card information!

Betty & Tom
              Whiteland, IN

Tlg Great Fun And Tlg Homeownerscam

I wanted to rent a car for vacation then great fun popped up. I just recently found out that Great Fun has deducted 11.99 from my account and not only that, another company under TLG Homeowner also deducted the same amount from my credit card. I spoke with both agencies and the 1st one said the will mail me a refund request form. The 2nd company said the money will be credited back to my account. They better!!! To others, don't put up with their bull****. I am so angry because they have a way of my us consumers suckers.

• Da
                Dawn Aug 12, 2008

Hotwire / Tlg Great Fun — unauthorized charges

I have learned that hotwire is now the target to the unauthorized charges! Hotwire is giving great fun our...

TLG Great FNcharged my credit card and never authorized

This company has been charging my credit card 11.99 a month for several months and I don't know how to stop it.

• Sh
                  Sharon Houghten Sep 25, 2008

I just found out it was being charged on mine as well. Call [protected]. It is automated, but be persistant. They will ask for your member number (but of course, you don't have one). Enter 5 or 6 zeros and hit the pound sign. Do this for all of the automated questions and you will be transferred to a person. They will try to convince you to keep the membership and give you 6 free months. Just be persistant and tell them no that you want to cancel it. I just got off the phone with them and they said it is canceled. I will be watching my statement for cancellation and hopefully a refund. Hope this helps anyone else who this has happened to.

Great Fundidn't ask to receive this card and don't want it please canel it for me.

I don't know why I received this card. There was nothing with the card explaining what you are to do with it. Just said to take it to certain restaurants, entertainmet shopping car care, and much more? to receive a discount? I didn't ask to receive this. I have call the # just like everyone on this site has. no one answers the phone. I better not have anything takin out of checking account or else, there will be Hell to pay. I would like this canceled as soon as you receive this. Please send Emailto say that it is canceled. Thank you.

Melinda Speirs

• Jr
                    jrcmtb Sep 01, 2012

I too notice 7 charges this year for $11.99 on my credit card. I filed a complaint to the CC fraud department and told them I had no idea who they were and did not authorize anybody to debit my card for $11.99 a month. I then received an e-mail yesterday from a website called greatfunsite.com stating they are sorry to see me cancel my "membership". I had no idea who this was. So, I called my CC company and spoke with the fraud department and they stated they credited my account $11.99 x 7 billing cycles. The rep did state that the charges did occur from greatfun.com website. If I would of never checked my charges, this would of continued with my knowledge. How in the heck did they get my information and start charging my card? This is wrong and I am calling greatfun and filing a complaint, not that its going to do much good any how, but at least I will get to vent.

tlTLG*GREATFUN2695 877-763-4140 CTtaking from my account 11.99

TLG*GREATFUN2695 [protected] CT this company has charged my account 11.99 per mnonth for what i cannot get ahold opf them at all they are not taking calls due to high volume right i don't know how they got my information they must be snagging thru internet

• Kr
                      Kristin Wulterkens Aug 07, 2008

I have been having the EXACT same issue.

• Ra
                      Rachel Kennedy Aug 09, 2008

TLG*GREATFUN26631602AUG [protected] CT unathorized charge for $11.99. I have contacted by bank to dispute the charge the company is listed as a telemarketing firm. I have NEVER had contact with the company or provided my debit card information to them.

• Tg
                      TG Sep 09, 2008

I just got a hold of them, they say it was something I signed up for when I purchased tickets through Fandango. I never signed up for anything. They are cancelling it and "attempting" to issue a credit and I should see it 7-10 business days.

TLG Great Fununauthorized charges to my chase freedom card

In late May, I signed up for some offer online, and I was offered a 30-day Trial Membership in TLG GREAT FUN. I never did receive the Membership Materials packet, so I called in mid-June and asked to have the Trial membership CANCELLED.

On July 7, 2008, however, I had $12.99 charged to my Chase Freedom card for goods/services I never received! I called again today (July 15, 2008) and demanded AGAIN that my Membership in TLG GREAT FUN be CANCELLED. I received a Confirmation Code of the CANCELLATION (MG102220715), and the lady I spoke with said she would remove the $12.99 charge from the above-mentioned Charge Card.

Joan Sep 22, 2008

Had same thing happen. They said they would credit my account but what I want to know is how they got my credit card account in the first place!

TLG Great Fun — unauthorized charges to credit card

I booked a hotel through priceline.com in February, 2008 - after that time, I noticed on my credit card...

TLG Great Fununusual charge $11.99 since 12 months

TLG Great Fun have been charging 11.99 since 12 months on my credit card. I called [protected] to complain about the charge. The person told that I showed interest in membership, now I wonder how I showed the interest and how they managed to recognize it...then when asked to credit back all the money they charged she asked me to fax a letter to [protected] to cancel the membership and they will consider it in 46 weeks... hah! This is how fast it takes for them to give us back our money ah hah! Someone has to take action on such companies... its not just them...

Then I called my credit card company to dispute the charge and they promised to take care of it. I was so relieved... Now I am saying to all those people who are in my situation to do the same and beware of such transactions and check your statements regularly!

• Pr
                          Priya Jul 01, 2008

TLG Great Fun have been charging 11.99 since 12 months on my credit card. I called [protected] to complain about the charge. The person told that I showed interest in membership, now I wonder how I showed the interest and how they managed to recognize it...then when asked to credit back all the money they charged she asked me to fax a letter to [protected] to cancel the membership and they will consider it in 46 weeks...hah! This is how fast it takes for them to give us back our money ah hah! Someone has to take action on such companies...its not just them...

Then I called my credit card company to dispute the charge and they promised to take care of it. I was so relieved...Now I am saying to all those people who are in my situation to do the same and beware of such transactions and check your statements regularly!

• Kk
                          K. K. Bishop Jul 27, 2008

Great Fun did the same to me. Funny... had they not been greedy and gone for the second charge, I probably wouldn't have noticed. I have disputed both $11.99 charges with my credit card company, as well. I am relieved that they will be helping me. I am calling them on Monday also.

• Sy
                          Sy Aug 15, 2008

TLG Great Fun exists on the deceptive practice of luring members through an invisible service. In June 2008 I purchased movie tickets through Fandango. I hadn't realized that from that point onward my bank card had been regularly charged $11.99 per month. Just today I called their [protected] number to request that customer service cancel my "membership"and credit me the last 4 months worth of charges. The service agent was willing to cancel the membership only after trying to sell me on additional services! Can you you believe that? I had to be connected to a manager who then agreed to credit me $47.96 in the next 10 days.

Pay attention to your online/bank statements!

• Wb
                          WB-CA Jun 24, 2009

I got the same issue here. I got charged for $11.99/month for sometime since ...( I have to find out when). Then I did Google search and surprised to see all these complaints. I have to cancel my Credit (Citi Card) also because I just got a new card not too long ago but the charge was automatically transferred to my new card without my authorization. (Funny, Ha?). How can these people do this for many years? WB-California

TLG*PRIVGRD — unauthorized charged credit card

TLG*PRIVGRD charged 2-3 times a month for 4 months to my credit card without my authorization. I have nothing...

Great Fun Siteattempt to cancel

I did not order this card and they charged me 11.95 a month on my credit card. How did they get my CC #?

• St
                            stop taking advantage Aug 02, 2008

I'm a business owner who receives calls from "victims" of these "scams" going on. The unknowing person calls me to book lodging and tells me they belong to " ", and they should get 50% off.

Well I never heard of this company or vacation discount program and my business has never given permission to them to advertise that we give discounts through their discount card!!!

They charge people $14.95 a month X (shall we say a conservative) 500, 000 people = $ 7, 475, 000.00 A MONTH.

Yes, 7 MILLION 475 THOUSAND DOLLORS!!!
                            EACH AND EVERY MONTH!!! X 12 MONTHS = $89, 700, 000.00
                            That's right 89 MILLION 7 HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLORS A YEAR!!!

Why would I or other businesses help someone make that kind of money for doing nothing??????

People please before you sign up for anything, (don't ever give your Credit Card or Banking Information to anyone before you know exactly what your getting), check out the company first - ask for referrals of companys that do offer discounts through them.

TLG Shopper — unauthorized charge

TLG-GreatFun charged $10.99 to my credit card without my notice as a membership, which I never subscribed...

TLG COMPLETHMEcharging fee

receovomg a charge of $130.00 each month for nothing. have called their telephone but no answer

need my finds rerimded

• Ga
                              gary stromp Oct 27, 2008

charged $139.99 on cc for what i have no idea.unable to reach anyone at80036 2379.

• Is
                              ISIS Jan 13, 2009

gOT an unknow charge for 74.99 TLGCOMPLETHME which i didn't recongise. did some research and got a phone # from greatfun [protected] and they promised to refund the charge. he said it was attached to a promo with chase bank. hope you get your money back

• Di
                              diva 2085 Jan 19, 2010

I purchased items from Haband for my husband a couple times and received a check in the mail. I thought it was a rewards check so I cashed it. stupid me. it is now the end of the year and I am going through all my credit charges & saw this charge FROM THG*COMPLETHME WITH A # AFTER IT, my account #. I did not know what this was for so I called the 800 # & spoke with Neil and explained that I didn't know what this was for and then realized it must have been the check I cancelled. I did not even remember the check but I did keep getting checks and finally read the back of the check and found out what a scam that is. they are reversing the entire $139 from March 2009. I was very surprised but very much releived and I will make sure it appears on my card. I will also be sending a letter to Haband and tell them to NEVER SEND ME ANYTHING AGAIN OR I WILL BE SENDING IT TO MY ATTORNEY GENERAL FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION. BE CAREFUL WHEN CASHING CHECKS...