Grand Getaways / Company will not offer discount vacations as promised

Grand Getaway Vacations when in their seminar sales meeting (St Maartin) offered discount vacations, airfare, timeshare, car rentals. All have been totally false to date. After taking many vacations over the last 2 years, I have always found a better price elsewhere. Grand getaway Vacations is a RIP OFF. Do Not! buy into this vacation service!!! They talk about huge savings but do not deliver.
This is my opinion based on numerous dealings with Grand Getaway Vacations or whatever they have slightly changed their name to this is a shoddy business you should stay away from.

Comments

• Al
      29th of Jan, 2008

I am also a victim of Grand Getaways Club from Margarita Island, Venezuela. I bought their membership on April 11, 2005 and I has never being able to enjoy their "wonderful discounted offers"... Grand Getaways is pure FRAUD / SCAM. Last year, on February 2007, I went back to their offices in Margarita Island, Venezuela and I met with one of their representatives for international bookings, she re-explained the contract to me and assured me that it was valid and each year I had the chance to obtain for free or at discounted rate all the clauses of the written contract. In fact, I tried to contact them few times by emails after my return to Canada (directly to a representative in Margarita Island, through the email: gandgetawaysvenezuela@hotmail.com, I exchanged emails with a lady called Graciela Calderin, responsible for International Bookings) requesting a quote for several discounted offers documented in my written contract (cruise departing from Florida, hotels in North America, etc) and they were never able to deliver. They told me they had strict conditions to do the bookings so I could not benefit from my contact at that time... then, I tried again to book while respecting ALL the conditions, and they quoted a cruise with Carnival at a higher price than what I could have got it on-line by myself. Notice that I was supposed, based on my written contract, to get that Cruise for FREE and only had to pay the taxes and an small accomodation fee.

• Kk
      19th of May, 2008
    Grand Getaway Vacations - Rip off!
    Grand Getaway Vacations
    Gulf Shores
    Alabama

This company has ripped off yet another happy couple. Just got my parents for $2200.00 today and there is nothing that can be done about it. DO NOT FALL FOR IT AND THEIR SCAMS, or you will be sorry.

• We
      17th of Sep, 2008

Grand Getaways Vacation Club along with Grand Incentives and TRVL, Inc are scammers. As a matter of fact TRVL, inc (operating out of our local mall) is no longer a business registered in Colorado. These three agencies work together taking money for a service they don't provide. Please do not purchase the Grand Getaways Vacation Membership.

• He
      3rd of Nov, 2008

They should be put out buisness for good!

1st of Apr, 2009

colombia isla de sam andres boletos ida y vuelta hotel cameron mar azul 5 noches todo incluido 17 de abril al22 de abril para 2 personas

• Gr
      31st of Jul, 2011

We apologize for the experiences you describe. We would love the opportunity to speak with you. We do stand by our promises and pride ourselves on providing the best value to our members. Please call us so that we may work with you to resolve these issues to your satisfaction. Contact our Quality Assurance Team directly at 888-269-0182.

• Ta
      8th of Oct, 2011

Dear Quality Assurance what else can your company possibly offer--how about refunding me the $4, 900 I paid for absolutely nothing. Not one trip, never better pricing, a difficult website to navigate, a diffcult process to utitlize your company altogether. I've never been so duped in my life.

• Me
      2nd of Nov, 2011

They say they're not trying to sell you anything and then they try to trick you into stating that you agree to buy the membership, even though you never once agreed to it. They try to railroad you. (This is all via phone call, I have never attended a presentation, and, after reading all the comments all over the internet, am glad for that.) I was called by a representative a couple of weeks ago who kept saying "I'm not trying to sell you anything, " (which was definitely part of the script) yet she tried to sell me something the whole time and then tried to smoothly trick me into agreeing to pay $249 on the spot. When I said I needed to talk it over with my other half, she put her supervisor on the line, and he told me the exact same things, nearly word for word, as she had. Neither one was willing to let me off the call without agreeing to pay right then and there. I finally managed to get off the phone (WITHOUT giving them my money), but immediately after the call I had SEVEN EMAILS (all identical) from the representative and have received 3-4 (also all identical) more every single day since. I did give them my email address and was fine with giving that out, but expected I would receive one email. All of the emails are exactly the same, furthermore, they never once mention in the emails the airline tickets they said they would be sending me, and they quote me a $100 higher price than they had quoted on the phone.