Vacation Network Inc. Logo

Vacation Network Inc.

Having problems with Vacation Network Inc.?

Vacation Network Inc. reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 25, 2006. The latest review Vacations was posted on Jan 21, 2016. The latest complaint Did not deliver what they said they would, held my money too long, withdrew funds not authorized was resolved on Sep 07, 2011. Vacation Network Inc. has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 24 reviews. Vacation Network Inc. has resolved 14 complaints.

Vacation Network Inc. Customer Service Contacts

3296 Summit Ridge Parkway
Building 1900

Duluth, Georgia

Vacation Network Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Vacation Network Incorporated — Vacations

I needed and wanted to cancel my membership and was told that until my annual membership dues were paid I...

Vacation NetworkDid not deliver what they said they would, held my money too long, withdrew funds not authorized

1. My husband and I purchased with them two years ago. I tried to book a vacation with them for the past summer. I was told that they could do nothing unless I give them $699.00 to look for a vacation. I agreed and they took the money immediately. I did not hear anything after that. I contacted them again and they told me to wait two weeks. I waited. Nothing. I contacted them again, and they told me to wait 45 days. On day 45, I contacted them again and they had not found a vacation for me. I asked them to refund my money. I took another month or two to process the refund. I was told by someone at the company that there is no time period to process a refund. I filed a complaint and I was told that the money was being refunded and I was lucky to have it so soon. I receive the money in 2 weeks after I filed the complaint.
2. Since I will never do business with this company again, I e-mailed their finance director in June and told him "You are no longer authorized to bill our credit card for monthly statements or for the annual finance charge. Please remove my credit card from your system. " After that I spoke with the finance director and he told me that if I did not pay it would go against my credit. I told him that I would take my chances. After that, I have received 2 further monthy finance charges to my debit card as well as the annual fee debit. I called him and he told me that he was unable to remove my credit card because I had signed a promossory note and therefore was required to pay. Apparently, I do not have a say so on how I am paying???? I am working with my bank to contest these charges.

Vacation NetworkScam

I paid cash in the amount of $4044.00 to VNI on 2/6/09. A few days later I looked the up on internet and read bad reviews. I immediately contacted them to cancel because of what I had read. The general manager in Ga told me that people write complaints on Wal Mart, Bank of America, etc. all the time. he told me I had signed a contract and hung up on me.

I sent certified mail to VNI requesting my money back..no response. I contacted my Attorney General (Alabama) and they told me they had talked to the company (they even sent me a copy of the letter VNI had sent them that was singing praises about themselves). My Att Gen would NOT help!!

Vacation Network — No vacation confirmed

We tried to use this for the first time this year. we filled out the request form and paid the week in...

Vacation NetworkStay away

We gave them a year to find a vacation property for us. They didn't respond to our emails or phone calls for weeks or months at a time. We have finally thrown in the towel and 'written off' the '*** tax' that we paid to them.

Here's a summary of their business model - you decide whether you want to be their customer:

1) Take customer's money upfront (thousands of dollars) with promise of vacation properties all over the world

2) Charge customers annual dues (hundreds of dollars) to be a member of the network

3) Charge customers upfront for vacation properties (hundreds of dollars) then offer them crappy options for vacation properties for dates that don't match the request.

4) Ignore customers' requests for properties for weeks/months at a time

5) Piss customers off so much that they throw up their hands and walk away

My advice, stay away!!

Vacation NetworkFraud, Scam

I purchased a vacation contract from Vacation Network, Inc. and got burned on my very first attempted use! I gave this company 9 months lead time for a vacation on South Padre Island, TX (I was told that if I gave them 6 months lead time that I would have no problem getting my request). Well, let's see. They offered my a couple of condos on a lake near my house in Houston (5 or so hours north of So. Padre Island and certainly not an island nor anywhere near the Gulf of Mexico), next was a condo in Corpus Christi (2 hours north of So. Padre Island and while on the Gulf, these condos were right near the Valero gasoline refinery (nice vacation that would have been) and finally a house on South Padre Island - yes on SPI, but no where near the beach or even a public access to the beach. When I asked for my money back, they told me to get lost since they had fulfilled their obligation by offering me so many choices (can you believe this ??!!) and that I had rejected them all.

Stay away from these frauds. Caveat Emptor.

Vacation Network, Inc.Deadbeats

VNI is a seedy little company that does not pay its bills. It has recently defaulted on its leases at 2 locations in Arizona, one at 9449 north 90th street and one at Westgate in Glendale. The company closed its doors owing the landlords thousands and thousand of dollars in back rent and furniture lease payments. It also owes its salespeople thousand in back commissions.

The owner, Linh Dinh of Atlanta GA, has a long standing reputation for not paying his bills and screwing salespeople and its customers. There are thousands of complaints.'

Be aware.

Vacation Network — Bogus Promotion

This is a long explanation of the Presentation we experienced, but if you're considering wasting your...

Vacation NetworkVery misleading

This company promised to get me and my husband a vacation of our desire with their company services. They were never able to fit our needs for our vacation or for our refund that we asked for after we were so dissatisfied with their service. Since then they have never responded back responsibly about our refund and have been very misleading. My husband and I looked into other cases like ours and found out that there are other cases like ours also. For that reason I would like to share and expose this story to the public not only for my husband and I, but for others that have become victims like us.

• Gc
                gc3682 Mar 30, 2010

My parents just recently bought a package deal from Vacation Network this past week and when my father tried to call to get a package deal to go West they told him that they had nothing available for the next 2 months and also my parents were told the package deal would cost them less than what they would get outside which included airfare and hotel stay...when my parents asked the price for a week in the summer they were told it would be $1, 000.00 per person and you could get a better 'all inclusive deal' for less than that amount...why would my parents pay 3, 000 for a package deal with this so called Vacation Network company and then because there are 5+ people in this household...they are willing to pay about 5, 000.00 for a vacation...uhhhhh sorrry!!! we have been going on vacation for the last 29+ years now and have never spent this much money on our vacation (even when we went to Florida we paid for air, resort, car rental and a 1 week cruise) and it STILL came out to less than 1000.00 a person! We have RCI but because this company said they have deals on airfare my parents took up the offer...

what i am trying to figure out is if this company is a fraud or what...also customer service they said they had 120 pple working there when my parents went to the presentation but when u call them the lady said its only 4 people here so you would call leave a message and someone gets back to you...which is exactly what has happened so far...

any suggestions for us? we want to know whether we should cancel our membership since we still have time or is this a valid company?? i see the complaints from [protected] on here but nothing more recent than that...

thanks for any and all the help!

Vacation Network, Inc.Horrible Customer Service

Vacation Network, Inc. is not customer-service oriented. Understanding that they are well within their legal rights not to provide any refunds after the 3-day rescission window, I find it unreasonable of the company not to buy back contracts that have never been used. Their business model seems to predicate profit on collecting exorbitant up-front membership fees while knowing full well that very few of their customers will reap full benefits from the membership. The selling tactics are hard-sell and slick, which helps them but takes advantage of their customers.

Vacation Network Inc.No vacation inventory

Vacation network has no inventory. We have been dealing with them now for several years and they have no inventory. All you get is the run around from their office. John, the head of the sales group promised 5 star vacations anywhere in the world with lots of inventory. The customer vacation book given at the time of the sales also advertises 5 star condo's as long as you sign up with the proper forms and follow the rules. We have dealt with all of the people in the office, Raven, Krystal, Kim, John, Jaquelyn, and still no vacation. It is a hole to throw you money in. I am considering a class action lawsuit. Anyone interested?? Post a compliant and I will get an email address posted on this website to respond to.

• Sc
                    screwed customer1 Jan 13, 2010

The salesperson lied to me at the presentation. I have requested 6 vacations and they have only delivered on 2 of them. I'm not sure how much inventory this company has. I would love to join in a class action lawsuit.

You can email me at [email protected]

sales_agent Aug 15, 2009

Fellow Texan, I'm interested in a class action against VNI. I will potentially set up a website for such effort. If you plan to garner some collaboration, please email me at [email protected]

marshall34 Jul 10, 2009

106.7 fm "romance" miami. Continues to let these scammers run wild on their stations

Vacation Network Inc. — Horrible company

I booked a trip to Mexico through vacation network received a confirmation that stated my trip was confirmed...

Vacation Network — Awful company

First of all I would like to say, we have toddler. If anyone has traveled with a very active toddler they...

Vacation Network — IT'S A SCAM!!!

This company wanted me to pay $599.00 to advertise and sell my timeshare. BIG RED FLAG when any company want...

Vacation Network, Inc. — Failure to refund membership fee

My husband and I attended the sales presentation after receiving offers for free airline tickets. I had...

Vacation Network Inc. — refund of payments

I gave VNI a payment last Apri ($499) and and additional ($200) in August for a reservation. The reservation...

Vacation Network, Inc.Sale of Timeshare

My husband and I enrolled with Vacation Network, Inc. on
                  February 6, 1995 to sell a timeshare studio @ Hotel Cancun Palace in
                  Mexico.

Vacation Network, Inc. charged my AMEX card $497.00 to
                  market, advertise and sell our timeshare.

We communicated with Vacation Network, Inc. on April 11, 1995,
                  May 16, 1995, July 13, 1995, August 14, 1995, August 18, 1995,
                  August 29, 1995 and lastly on December 3, 1995.

To date, no response or communication from Vacation
                  Network, Inc. This company is a fraud and should be dealt
                  with the Better Business Bureau in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

I have many companies calling me to list my timeshare for resale
                  with them. Of course, for a price. After dealing with Vacation
                  Network, Inc. I would not trust another timeshare company
                  that deals with the resale of timeshare units.

Mr. & Mrs. Richard G. Colella

Vacation Network Inc — Rip off do not deliver what they sell!

I joined last year and paid half of the cost down and was paying the balance monthly. I got one vacation...

Vacation Network Inc.Extreme high pressure selling!

I was behind a closed door with someone badgering me to buy their program for over an hour. I finally caved because I felt I was not going to get out of there without signing something. I am in the process of trying to get my money refunded. I believe this is a violation of Federal Trade Commission regulations. I also spoke to the woman named Pam. I believe I was lied to about hours and when someone was available.

Beware!

Vacation Network Inc. — Fraud and cheating!

Well I can answer this question. I joined them and wish I had not. Today I called them to ask why are you...