Google Profit Kit / scam, fraud, unauthorized deductions

San Antonio, TX, United States Review updated:

I got home from work, (work 6 days a week to make ends meet) checked my bank acct showing a pending debit purchase of $72.21. I did agree 9 days ago to send off for a "Google Profit Kit" for only ship charges of $1.97 for a work at home biz. I did not authorize nor agree to any further charges. I called this [censored]in # and got a bogus recording [protected]). I bust my ### off trying to save my house from foreclosure and look for means of making money online (home biz) to help soften the blow and get out of debt. The ad on the internet both written, verbal and with pixs depicting how Google could take me away from clocking in day to day to setting my own hours etc. Anyways I got [censored]ed and am not about to let it go on. Fortunately I have a good bank on my side and they'll take care of the matter. For the rest of the public do not get scammed into this offer.. ...

Pr

Comments

• St
      Apr 28, 2009
    Google Profit Kit
    Oregon

I bought the google profit kit. i was told it would only cost 1.95 or what ever for shipping. i haven't got any thing in the mail and i was just charged 75 dollars. WTF

• Ro
      May 02, 2009

Wow.. I wish I would have checked here before I just gave my $1.95. I don't even know where to go to cancel????? I have not even received a confirmation email or anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I coul dnot afford to get any additional fees. I didn't even realize that there was an additional fee to be charged after the initial $1.95... I thought thats all we had to pay?!??!?!?

Thanks!!!

Robin

• La
      May 18, 2009

I also was scammed by this company. Do not give them any credit card/checking information or they will take all of your money. I ended up with $120.00 in overdraft charges on top of the $150.00 they took from my account.
    Elberton, GA

• Ne
      May 18, 2009

Thanks for letting me know. I was seeing this ad yesterday and i was almost about to buy it. Then i decided to put it for later. Thank god i am reading this today or else i would have been a victim. Thanks to internet.

• Ka
      May 27, 2009
    Google Profit Kit - double order
    Karen Forrest
    California

I was trying to see if there was any "fine print" such as a monthly charge to my credit card after a certain period of time, so I went through the order process again thinking that at the end I could review my order prior to confirmation and see any gimmicks like that. I had seen that when I attempted to order the Google Marketing Kit and decided not to order it because they charge $80+ to your credit card monthly after the first 30 days or something like that. So I ended up double ordering it and would like a refund for one of the orders.

• Tr
      May 28, 2009
    Google Profit Kit - scammers
    google
    Tempe
    Arizona
    securecartcenter.com

I paid for the google profit kit yesterday, and right after i paid, there was no authorization page telling me how much i paid, and what i should do from there...
    so i could tell u ###s took my money. there better not be any extra charges to my account or i will scream it from the rooftops, and everyone will see the error in your ways... i am 23 years old, and we are in a recession clown, u can not just go around doing and saying whatever u want...

• Em
    Google Porfit Kit
    Palm Beach Gardens
    Phone: 561-776-1723

I ordered a Google Profit Kit for $1.95 and now they charged my account $72.21 there is nothing in my
    information I have about a charge of 72.21. I will fight till I get my money back.

• Am
      May 30, 2009

I did the same a few days ago. I ordered a Google Profit Kit for $1.97 and today (5.30.2017) someone charged my account $72.21! Obviously I was stupid enough to make that Google order. My bank suggests to call the "fraud" company to stop the transaction and call them back if they won't cooperate. This is just scary!

• Cr
      May 30, 2009

k ppl i tried to explain this and all the scams i have a blog on blogger its the last part of the blog on the bottom of the page, there i have explained to you about the scam, on my site i also have good ways to make money i have posted on on my page these are legit companies also you can find out some other sites i have posted that make money, but not a get rich scheme, i recommend the one i have posted on my page and like i said amazon has one that you can do also its free and all you have to do is put a lil time in it not gonna get rich quick but you can earn some extra money here is my site look at the last post which explains the google scam and tell every one you know about the scam here is my blog http://helpergirl227.blogspot.com/

• Jd
      May 31, 2009

There are monthly charges with Google Profit Kit. It's a complete scam. The only way to get your money back for double order is by filing a chargeback with your bank. I doubt you'll get it from Google Profit.

• Vv
      Jun 05, 2009

This same thing happened to me. I was charged 1.97 and an few days later I got charged 72.21. I got my money back by calling this number 866 200 5473 and screaming at the first person that picked up the phone. After about a half hour of arguing. The lady said she cancelled my membership and that I would get a full refund whitin 7 days. Which I did, thank God. But I still have not got that stupid 1.97 kit and its been about 1 month now. Tell everyone you know that all this Google Kit business is all just B.S

• Jb
      Jun 06, 2009

The same thing happened to me this week. Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences. It's good to know I'm not alone. Maybe if we all work together we can take this fraudulent company down... and I also havent gotten my google kit and it has been more than two weeks. And to think they had the nerve to ask me to join a program that cost 600+ dollars. Those ###. Once again thank you all.

• Tp
      Jun 10, 2009

I did the same. I canceled them within minutes after I ordered. I made some research after I ordered them and couldn't find anything on the REAL google about their kit except complaints about scam. I also called the bank to cancel my card and for them to send me a new card with new number.

• Bo
      Jun 11, 2009

866-699-8440 this is the REAL number to call to cancel the subscription. it's the number that appeared on my credit card. they don't admit to any other number and won't refund the first $81. + charge they charge you. i wish i knew how to report them to consumer affairs or something like that. however, if you call this number they will cancel you. even if you cancer your credit card, if you get a new one, the charge will carry over, sorry to say.

• Tp
      Jun 11, 2009

Thanks for the number. I called the number they gave me on the receipt. 800-235-1364 which is hotbusinessmarket.com

I called again today with your number above and the guy assured me that it was canceled and gave me a confirmation number. Your number also is from hotbusinessmarket.com.

• La
    Google Profit Kit
    googleprofitkit.com

OMG! I just did this like 5 minutes ago. Then I came on here and seen how so many ppl have been scammed.
    Please if anyone knows how to cancle this I would really appreciate it.
    please help.

[protected]@yahoo.com

Jun 18, 2009

the one where u only suppose to pay 1.95 but they also charge 81.32?

make sure you call within 7 days to cancel and put a block ot cancel your card

• Bu
      Jun 18, 2009

IF YOU PAID BY CREDIT CARD PUT A STOP PAYMENT ON IT, THE CREDIT WILL HELP YOU OUT. OR DISPUT THE PAYMENT, THAT USUALLY WILL WORK
    GOOD LUCK

• Im
      Jun 18, 2009

I JUST PUT THE SAME COMPLAINT, I ADDRESSED IT RESOURCE NET EXPRESS, MY HUSBAND AND I JUST CALLED THE BETTER BUSINESS IN THE STATE OF NEWYORK. THEY ARE INVESTIGATING.

Jun 19, 2009

Huge SCAM.

Report it to the FTC and the Feds:

The most efficient and effective way to throw a monkey wrench into this Google Profit Kit scam machine.
    (article from http://scam-googletreasurechest.blogspot.com/)

Steps to Take to Recover Your Money

1. Cancel your credit or debit card--Get a new card with new number! Your financial information has been compromised and you will be getting further debits to that card, If not now then they could come back later when you are unaware. This scam is refining into a form of "Identity theft" as your financial information is being traded to other cohorts without your permission or knowledge.

2. File a fraud charge with your credit card or bank and let them sort it out by doing a chargeback. They have more muscle to go after this sort of crime. Explain to them about all the consumer complaints that are on the internet and "insist" that they do charge-back or file a fraud charge. Your bank or credit card organization has all the tools necessary to find out where the charges are coming from, what business is involved, addresses and phone numbers connected to the charge and etc. You may not know or have access to this information. The banks and credit card org have all this at their fingertips and are obligated to handle the problem that has resulted.
    More info at: http://www.chrismalta.com/scamtip1.asp

3. File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Their job is to monitor and go after these types of scams.

4. File a complaint with your state Attorney General and also with the Attorney General of Utah (where a lot of the phone numbers and addresses seem to be located)

5. Filing a complaint with the BBB is toothless as the scam already is rated with a "F".

6. File complaint at http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx This is a place to report internet crime and is a combination gov agency of FBI, White collar Crime and Bureau of Justice Assistance.

7. After you filed with all the above agencies feel free to call any numbers you may possess that are connected to the "unauthorized charges" to try and recover all your money but take their word with a grain of salt. Don't hesitate to let them know what you have done or intend to do as they need to be shown that you mean business! If you succeed in getting your money returned you will have still taken steps to put their scam out of commission.

• Bu
      Jun 19, 2009

Thank you for the information, I will use all of it.

Jun 30, 2009

how did you ever get out of this scam? I am trying, but they don't answer the phone, and there are no contact lines.

Pat

Jun 30, 2009

I also clicked for a 2.76 trial bottle of ACAI X3, because there was no mention of committing for life or any future transactions. I was a fool to open my bank account to a stranger. Even though the site was secure, the company is not. When I tried to sign up for the other half of the trial meds, that site had posted the committment, so I backed out without committing, but have been unable to contact the ACAI X3 company. How do you get to these people?

Fooled in WI

Jul 03, 2009

I'm soooooooooooo disappointed that Google, a company touted to be reputable, savvy, and respectable is appearing to be more scurvy than savvy. I was misled and fotunately recognized it quickly enough to cancel my credit card before anything after the initial $3.88 charge was made to it. My credit card company will be disputing that charge for me. Who ever would have thought Google would have to stoop to such lows! What will be their next program? How to Steal Candy From a Baby and Retire Early?

• Li
      Jul 04, 2009

Hi i am from the uk and stupidly signed up for the google profits kit. I filled out a form to see whether or not i qualified and they said i did. once signed up and paid they stated it was only for legal American citizens and the numbers was given to cancel i cannot use from here. Has anyone got any ideas on how i can cancel. PLEASE !!!

• Au
      Aug 03, 2009

I got scammed by these ###s too! Beware of anything claiming fast cash over the internet! Ill bet Google aren't too happy about them using their name either!

• Ah
      Aug 04, 2009

I just copy and pasted your remarks on my website at http://man-over-board.com/2017/08/04/just-got-scammed. Thank you so much for your info. Been online for many many years and never got caught like this. I am passing the word to everyone I can.

Sep 01, 2009

I start worried myself cos i've got anything. I bought about 2 weeks ago. I'm single person with 2 kids and I dont like loosing kids money but something earn. Please let me know whats going on. My email is [protected]@yahoo.com. I bought this shipping kit from facebook.

• Su
      Sep 10, 2009

I got scammed too. It sucks because my bank won't give me back my money, and I keep getting a run-around with the company that took my money: $1.97 was all I authorized for shipping a kit, never got that kit, but sure got the $79.99 taken out of my account. I feel dumb being taken like that, but I guess I'm not the only one, that's how these people stay in business.

• Ri
      Sep 10, 2009

i had the same problem i paid 1.97 and later i got charged $79.90, according to the number i called i didnt cancel the program in the 7 day period i never saw a 7 dAY period i have called and called i cant even find the web page where i ordered this crap, to see about a 7 day period i was just waiting for my kit, what a rip off, anybody have any suggestions, thanks richard

Sep 11, 2009

Call your credit card company and ask if they can dispute the charges. Explain you have been scammed and they may be able to help. That's what I did and my card company has been extremely helpful. I also closed out that credit card account and opened a new one to eliminate the possiblity of Google charging any other charges to the number they now have. I'd advise you to do both of these things.

• Fo
      Sep 25, 2009

Sigh, I knew it was too good to be true...I was desperate looking for a job after being unemployed for so long so I fell for this scam! I heard about this "Google Profit House" from clicking on this article link while reading Google news without realizing that it's in no way affiliated with Google. I was too careless and was fooled by the so called "comments" section where different people left comments about how they did not believe this at first, but after giving it a try, they actually made money very soon. So I rushed to sign up for it. After I entered my personal and credit card information for the free tools (paid about $2 for shipping) I was brought to the next page where things started to appear not right. Ads started showing up asking me to sign up for this and that for a price and even the confirmation page changed to some other company that's not Google. Then I went back to the original article that talked about this online money making with Google, and found at the very bottom of the page in small print that the article and the comments are for "illustrative purposes" only and are not actual. I was enraged...anyway do NOT fall for this!

• Ms
      Oct 02, 2009

I ordered the Google Kit on July 14th for $1.95. I trusted this online opportunity since it bore the Google name. I received a call from a guy named Michael, who said he was from Google and that I would receive the KIT in 7-10 days via US Mail. I was excited that someone from Google was calling me. Michael conducted a phone interview asking me a bunch of financial liquidity questions. At the end of the interview, he told me I did not qualify for their program. I thought that was the end of it. WRONG. I still have not received the KIT as of today (10/1/09).

I went to the bank yesterday (9/30/09) and found that my account was overdrawn, due to a company by the name of Money Mastery, who have been debiting my account $78.55 per month since July. The debits are made in two transactions, one for 49.84 under the name Money Mastery and the other for 28.71 under the same name. I am now out $235.55 plus another $105 in bank fees! When I told the teller I never heard of this company, she googled Money Mastery and gave a phone number 801 292 1099 . When you call the recording says if you are calling about your Google Kit, call 866 200 5473 x3. I called and got into a big argument with a woman named Susan who hung up on me and a apparently signed a contract over the internet and did not cancel within 3 days. Even though Michael said I did not qualify for their program.
    The only way to stop the debits is close your bank account which I did!
    A mutual friend told me she had the same online experience with Acai Berry, who told her they would sue her if she closed her account! THIS IS SOME SCARRY ...!!!

Oct 10, 2009

i had just got my google profit kit an i had lost my cd so this is a total scam!!! omg i can't belive this!!! is it anyway i can stop this keep them for taking out anymore money beside the 1.97 i would be very angery if they take out all of me money i be very very upset did anybody get there money back?

• Dr
      Oct 12, 2009

I received the cd and I also realized this was yet another scam. I have been trying to cancel the subscription. I have called all the numbers and they are impossible to contact.
    Has anyone had success in cancelling this scam? Please share with us how?

• Te
      Oct 14, 2009

What does Google say about this?

• Ro
      Oct 22, 2009

I read the T&C's and they said that if you cancel your initial membership by the two days evaluation, they will not charge your credit card. The rub is that they will probably not respond that quickly and your credit card will be charged the $79 per month. I will not sign up with them due to the short "evaluation" time, as I don't think they will respond quickly to a cancellation. Buyer Beware!

• Bi
      Nov 01, 2009

I previously posted a complaints months ago about what initially occurred with Google Profit. Getting the charges removed was the least of my worry. No problem getting that done after calling the 3 phone numbers I found at this complaint board. However, since that was the only time I ever gave information to anyone for such a scam, I know they are responsible for using my phone number, address and other information provided when I signed up for the gift they promised to send when I clicked on a popup about a free blackberry curve phone. I was never able to find out any information later about that phone, so all this was for nought. Now I am getting hundreds of emails a day that are not considered spam because they are addressed only to me. I have also been subscribed twice now to additional unauthorized scams which add charges to my home telephone bill. Tomorrow I will be changing my email address, which I had had for 12 years. Aggressive advertising like this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

• Me
      Nov 13, 2009

This is a total scam. Whatever you do, do not sign up. I NEVER fall for this stuff and because of the economy, did. Cancel your card, yell, scream and do whatever it takes to take these people down. Here is the email address of a said supervisor affiliated with this company, [protected]@pacificwebworks.com
    Enjoy!