Goodwill / rude employees and insane prices

Livermore, CA, United States Review updated:
3.75

I went to the Goodwill store in Livermore, and I found a lot of items that had no price marks. I asked the cashier and she just made up her own price to sell. That's not the way and it makes no sense. I was going to buy a black pot that was not in good condition anyway. She just say it was 7.99 without asking anyone to make sure of the right price. It's INSANE. I can buy a better pot somewhere at ross or walmart with the same price. The customer in front of me had the same complaint. There was no price on the teapot. And she made up her own price. The prices were too high. I was wondering, what does the goodwill store mean anyway?! Why do you sell stuff so expensive?

Comments

In
  2nd of Nov, 2009
UPDATE: I finally got in contact with someone at Goodwill. I asked him for the President of Goodwill's name. He refused to give it to me. I then asked him he had notified the President of Goodwill, he never did answer. He is still making rude comments to me. I even told him to take me to court so I could get this out in the public. I'm still under doctors care. Please do not donate to Goodwill.
El
  2nd of Sep, 2010
I completely agree, Goodwill is ridicously high, considering that everything was donated for free. I was shopping at goodwill and this use purse was $50.00, whereas you can get the same purse brand new for the exact same price...Crazy I'd say...
Hm
  9th of Jan, 2011
They sold me a counterfeit coach bag then would not issue a refund when I alerted them to this they were so rude. I also told them the LV bags in the case were fakes they said they knew and customers knew it too. I said no they don't thats deception. They are so rude. Selling fakes for $100.00 I reported them to ftc after they refused to refund me even tho I told them I was going to report them for fraud.
Ji
  16th of Mar, 2011
I stopped going to Goodwill years ago, they willingly accept your donations, but as soon as you buy anything from them, they make up their own prices or even worse, the last time I went there I was buying shoes, used shoes, no special brand on the bottom was written 3. The cashier says 6. I said " show me where you see six??!" she couldn't answer, but brought over a fellow employee just to back her off. I wanted to strangle this woman just to show her my frustration. Someone should put this all out in the public, their employees are rude, their prices are higher than that of new items, & they say they stand for giving people a hand-up instead of a hand-down. Really??
Fi
  24th of Jun, 2011
I've been shopping at Goodwills for years and have watched their prices skyrocket especially in the last year. I found a handfull of books there today with $9.99 on the back. WHAT? i can go to a used book store and find it cheaper! And most books have a flat $5.99 which is still incredibly high compared to Saint Vinnies or other thrift stores. Try finding a pair of jeans under $10 - good luck, and often they have holes or frayed ends. They don't care. I also found a used, opened puzzle with a sticker of $7.99 - who knew if all the pieces were there. How many people have to complain before they listen? I wish everyone would boycott them until they LISTEN. This is NOT good business especially considering everything is donated. Horrible.
Ta
  11th of Nov, 2014
TIP: Only go to Goodwill on their 50% off days which are twice monthly. On those days jeans are $.99

Goodwill Industries International Logo Goodwill Industries International