Gold's Gym / wrongful charges

1 200 Barclay Parkade SWCalgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 403-571-4653

When Gold's Gym Eau Claire was still under construction in July 2008, I signed a contract and the sales rep advised I would have 30 days to cancel, no obligation nor hassle, I went back in less than 30 days to cancel the contract and yes there was no obligation as promised.

Even though I canceled, I was still being charged the membership fee, and since I was apart of World Health Club I dumbly assumed they raised their fees or was an improvement fee. When I got my receipt from World Health Club I didn't see those charges. I tried calling the number that appeared on my VISA statement and it was their collection agency. I called Golds Gym and told them the situation, and got fed with, I didn't follow the procedure, and needed to send a letter. But I was at the Sales rep desk at Eau Claire, and watched them cancel the contract.However, my Credit card still started getting charged.

Basically I called Gold's and there was nothing they can do, because of an internal mistake on their part, I am literally paying for it. Now I am seeing what I can do to get the refund back for the past year, all I have to say is these guys are terrible when it comes to customer service and money.

Ke

Comments

• Wi
      4th of Sep, 2011

A Golds Gym in Ontario, Canada offers the personal touch by meeting with members to cancel. This is contrary to their specific policy ( which by the way if often skipped during a price presentation ) Cancellation 30 days in advance by registered mail is the policy. If anyone offers to meet with you always, always, get a signed copy of the cancellation form. If the person you are dealing with knows you don''t have a copy it could get crumpled up and tossed. The staff don't worry, they have the Finance Company to deal with you and while that happens the Owners just keep smiling as your money keeps rolling in.