GoldCar Rental / unauthorised credit card charges
On Monday 3/07/18 I returned my Goldcar hired vehicle to Malaga airport. I parked and three young men, one with an ipad of some sort, came over to check the car. The man with the electronic device took my keys from me and sat in the drivers seat to check the fuel level (which was full). The other two looked over the car completely, driving it out and reversing the car, looking under the body to check it out fully.
The man with the electronic device said all was good and I asked him to sign my sheet, he replied he would send me an email. I asked him again would he sign and he, again, assured me all was well and he would send me an email. I have a witness to this, who will sign a statement to that effect. I did not receive any email from them!
Today I looked at my credit card statement and see that Goldcar have taken an unauthorised payment of £167.94 from my account.
I consider this fraud and theft.
Yours sincerely Alison North
Updated by Alison North, Jul 07, 2018
Trying to get through to their "customer services" is impossible - they make it as difficult as possible. Luckily I am back in Malaga next week and will be visiting their hire desk!!
More GoldCar Rental Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Goldcar Car Hire Spain - scam 
- Goldcar - shocking behaviour of staff 
- [Resolved] GoldCar Rental - fraudulently forced into paying for 'super relax' cover 
- [Resolved] GoldCar Rental - deposit refund
- [Resolved] Goldcar - cleaning charges
- GoldCar Rental - dodgy staff, plus concealing overcharges
- GoldCar Rental - firenze italia
- GoldCar Rental - car hire overcharging
- GoldCar Rental - cleaning fee
- GoldCar Rental - unlawful car hire charges