GoldCar Rental

Posted: Oct 10, 2017 by

no response from goldcar on complaint

Moerzeke, Belgium
Dear,
The last year i've rented 3 times a car with Goldcar.
First 2 times by a broker.
That's why I decided to become a gold clubmember and rented the last car for Bordeaux directly with Goldcar.
Shortly after my reservation I received a quote from Ryanair for just the same rent which was 65 % better then the one I've got as a Gold Clubmember. To my opinion this is not acceptable. Goldcar price = 162, 78 €. Ryanair price is 99, 64 € for just he same car rented by Goldcar. See attachments.
Second they charged me a extra 40 €. I've had to ask the lady at the desk more then 5 time why she was charging this.
Her only answer was that I had to pay this because otherwise I would not receive the car. After all she said that it was the pollution tax which was charged by the French government. Cou! d be but on my invoice it's called a supplement vehicale diesel. Notting about taxes or whatever. I did not order a dieselcar so why do they give me a diesel and why charging extracosts for something I did not order?
Conclusion I've payed double of the price as a Gold Clubmember compared to the quote from Ryanair.
It's not that I don't want to rent with Goldcar because the cars are always without any problems.
But You must admit that my financial treatment as a Gold Clubmember is not acceptable.
I expect at least a commercial offer from Goldcar.
Kindest regards.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Nov 20, 2017
Dear Peter,

Thanks for your comment.

We're trying to improve our services and the opinion of our customers is essential to do so.

On the issue you described, you can open a query to our Customer Services department here: https://www.goldcar.es/en/atencionCliente/ (you have the button to open a query at the bottom-right section of this page). That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage this issue ASAP.
Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with once you've already got in touch with my colleagues.

Kind regards,
Victoria R.
Goldcar Representative.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country Belgium Complaint category Car Rental

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree