GoldCar Rental

Posted: Oct 10, 2017 by

no response from goldcar on complaint

Moerzeke, Belgium
Dear,
The last year i've rented 3 times a car with Goldcar.
First 2 times by a broker.
That's why I decided to become a gold clubmember and rented the last car for Bordeaux directly with Goldcar.
Shortly after my reservation I received a quote from Ryanair for just the same rent which was 65 % better then the one I've got as a Gold Clubmember. To my opinion this is not acceptable. Goldcar price = 162, 78 €. Ryanair price is 99, 64 € for just he same car rented by Goldcar. See attachments.
Second they charged me a extra 40 €. I've had to ask the lady at the desk more then 5 time why she was charging this.
Her only answer was that I had to pay this because otherwise I would not receive the car. After all she said that it was the pollution tax which was charged by the French government. Cou! d be but on my invoice it's called a supplement vehicale diesel. Notting about taxes or whatever. I did not order a dieselcar so why do they give me a diesel and why charging extracosts for something I did not order?
Conclusion I've payed double of the price as a Gold Clubmember compared to the quote from Ryanair.
It's not that I don't want to rent with Goldcar because the cars are always without any problems.
But You must admit that my financial treatment as a Gold Clubmember is not acceptable.
I expect at least a commercial offer from Goldcar.
Kindest regards.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country Belgium Complaint category Car Rental

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree