GoldCar Rental

goldcar contract no 12575785 - registration number 9759jmm

Almeria airport, Spain
goldcar.es
Hi

I hired a car from 26/9 to 30/9/2017 [4 days]. Open Corsa was presented to me with a number of body dents and scrapes. I was distracted at checking over the various marks on the body I did not notice the snapped roof antenna mast until I got to my destination after one hour drive. It was blatantly obvious so I did not report back. Upon returning the car back at Almeria Airport I asked the rep to inspect the vehicle but she declined. As I checked the bodywork for damages I was happy to leave the car. I noted that I was charged 355.93€ to my credit card. After a few emails, I received an email, explaining that original email was sent to wrong address, alleging that I had damaged underside right sill panel that could only be seen by lying on the ground. I am convinced this was a pre-existing damage as I did not drive over any rough terrains. The damage itself was so older the 4 days [photos] that it was developing rust/corrosion around the area. I made efforts to explain but was shut down referring me to the contract I signed which makes me liable - end of story.
Goldcar claims the charges include repair, downtime etc. I have no doubt those clients used the car before must have paid for repairs and downtime with no actual repair was done.

In the circumstance, I should be given a full refund as I did not damage the car nor did I snapped the antenna. I have asked for the so-called bill for the repair as a proof but no avail.
Photo left below- I took to show missing antenna
Alleged damage photos centre and right below - sent by Goldcar
I believe this a scam as many of their customers have indicated in their reviews.
This is an appalling way to handle customer relationships. I shall steer clear of Goldcar - shame I have used them since 2015 as I am a regular visitor to Spain.

GoldCar RentalGoldCar RentalGoldCar Rental

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Nov 20, 2017
Dear customer,

Thanks for your comment.

We're trying to improve our services and the opinion of our customers is essential to do so.

On the issue you described, you can open a query to our Customer Services department here: https://www.goldcar.es/en/atencionCliente/ (you have the button to open a query at the bottom-right section of this page). That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage this issue ASAP.
Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with once you've already got in touch with my colleagues.

Kind regards,
Victoria R.
Goldcar Representative.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country Spain Complaint category Car Rental

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree