GoldCar Rental

goldcar contract no 12575785 - registration number 9759jmm

Almeria airport, Spain
goldcar.es
Hi

I hired a car from 26/9 to 30/9/2017 [4 days]. Open Corsa was presented to me with a number of body dents and scrapes. I was distracted at checking over the various marks on the body I did not notice the snapped roof antenna mast until I got to my destination after one hour drive. It was blatantly obvious so I did not report back. Upon returning the car back at Almeria Airport I asked the rep to inspect the vehicle but she declined. As I checked the bodywork for damages I was happy to leave the car. I noted that I was charged 355.93€ to my credit card. After a few emails, I received an email, explaining that original email was sent to wrong address, alleging that I had damaged underside right sill panel that could only be seen by lying on the ground. I am convinced this was a pre-existing damage as I did not drive over any rough terrains. The damage itself was so older the 4 days [photos] that it was developing rust/corrosion around the area. I made efforts to explain but was shut down referring me to the contract I signed which makes me liable - end of story.
Goldcar claims the charges include repair, downtime etc. I have no doubt those clients used the car before must have paid for repairs and downtime with no actual repair was done.

In the circumstance, I should be given a full refund as I did not damage the car nor did I snapped the antenna. I have asked for the so-called bill for the repair as a proof but no avail.
Photo left below- I took to show missing antenna
Alleged damage photos centre and right below - sent by Goldcar
I believe this a scam as many of their customers have indicated in their reviews.
This is an appalling way to handle customer relationships. I shall steer clear of Goldcar - shame I have used them since 2015 as I am a regular visitor to Spain.

GoldCar RentalGoldCar RentalGoldCar Rental

Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country Spain Complaint category Car Rental

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree