GoDaddy Operating Company / domain fraud at godaddy

1 #6101, 101 Gillespie Dr, Franklin, CT, United States

I have recently been divorced from my wife of over 30 years. Unfortunately, I had a two step verification process enabled.

I could not stop the web-hosting as I could not access my account. I was on the phone for hours with my credit card company but to no avail.

After many phone calls and emails, Godaddy informed me that I could remove the two-step verification by going to a third party website. I did this. However, I did not hear back from Godaddy. After more requests for documentation, I though the matter was over.

No. I was asked for more documentation, which I provided.

More forms. More documentation. It is now more than six months later and I still do not have full access to my account.

You may be thinking that Godaddy's policy is good - it protects the rightful owner of domains from hacks. On the surface, this may be correct. However, at a certain point, the line is blurred between fraudulent behavior and security. For me, there is no more ambiguity - Godaddy is a fraudulent company.

Here is the latest correspondence from Godaddy:

"Support Staff Response
Unfortunately, we will need a picture of you with your photo ID next your face with both clear and identifiable in order for us to continue processing your request. Per our Terms of Service, you agreed to provide photo identification as required for verification of identity when requested.

Once this is received, then we will notify you if anything else is required or if you are good to go."

Now, I'm seven months into it. I have multiple email threads of requests for documentation. It does not end. Even in the last request, Godaddy acknowledges that this may not be the end of the story.

I sent them a note that my next step is to contact the FCC (down b/c of the government shutdown), ICANN and their legal department. I refuse to provide any more documentation.

I'm hopeful that the reader of my post understands that this is not about account security. My purpose is not to vent but to inform others that if they they have choice, they may want to consider other companies besides Godaddy. I cannot access my account which is the last thing in I need to worry about.

GoDaddy Operating Company